Announcement

• Index
  •  » Old Bugs
  •  » Passwords being converted to the previous one

#1 2015-09-05 12:49:37

sierradane
Members

Passwords being converted to the previous one

I thought maybe it was my computer that had done it since I've recently downloaded Windows 10, but I saw a note on another doll's WIA that she was experiencing the same thing.

All of my dolls' passwords have been converted back to a previous password.  When I go into my computer to check the saved passwords through Chrome.  I also use MIE which is that no longer called that but some other term.... but of course, all of the saved doll names and passwords need to be re-added... and I've not added all of those to that browser.  (that probably was a 'run-on' sentence--- it's early here)

To check your passwords saved on Chrome, in case some don't know...

*Click on the THREE LINES at the far right of your bookmark bar

*Choose SETTINGS

*Choose ADVANCED SETTINGS

*Go to MANAGE PASSWORDS

and there are all your "saved" passwords and your dolls that have been saved (providing, you have chosen the option to save your passwords)

To see what the saved password is, it will ask that you enter your password you've chosen for your computer.  And once you do that, (on Chrome) it will show you what the password is... which for me... shows the previous one.  You can delete that info for that doll, re-enter the correct or updated password and you SHOULD receive a prompt to whether you want to save it or not, and it SHOULD save the new one.

That is how it is SUPPOSED to work with Chrome as far as passwords go, but evidently it's just this site. 

Does France celebrate Labor Day?  *wonders if she has to wait til Tuesday to have this fixed*

Last edited by sierradane (2015-09-06 19:04:36)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#2 2015-09-07 16:41:31

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

Re: Passwords being converted to the previous one

Are you still having issues with this?

#3 2015-09-07 17:01:13

sierradane
Members

fairykisses wrote:

Are you still having issues with this?

Unfortunately, yes.  As far as I know, there are at least 3 others who have mentioned this to me.  So I'm not sure how many more it's affecting.

I've cleaned out my cache and that didn't help.  It is only when using the Chrome browser. 

Lets say that when you first created your doll, you chose as a password:

tree

Then later on, you changed it severa times; each time with your browser asking if you wanted to save your password. (provided, you had chosen that option on your computer)

With your current password that was saved in the Chrome browser being... bologna, when you log in with your saved username info, the amount of "dots" showing in your saved password area would only be enough for your original password.  You can't log in though, because that's the wrong password.  So you have to manually enter the new one each time.

Also....

when logging into the board (while on another doll and using Chrome) it does the same thing.

I've also went into my settings, like how I put way up in the first post, to delete the saved password that is showing as an old one, then logged in again and entered the correct one.  By doing that, I should receive the prompt to save that password but that doesn't come up.

Last edited by sierradane (2015-09-07 17:05:41)

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#4 2015-09-08 01:37:35

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

Okay I will ask the GM if anyone else is having this problem on another server.

#5 2015-09-08 12:11:44

sarah
Administrator

As I understand the problem, this is an issue with the browser, not with the game itself. So unfortunately there's nothing we can do, I'm afraid.

#6 2015-09-08 12:17:58

sierradane
Members

sarah wrote:

As I understand the problem, this is an issue with the browser, not with the game itself. So unfortunately there's nothing we can do, I'm afraid.

This particular problem doesn't happen on any other website than this one though.  It is happening on the Dollz page and on the forum.  It DOES NOT happen on any other web page on the entire internet.

#7 2015-09-08 14:43:07

sierradane
Members

Here's a link to the FRENCH FORUM discussing this very bug explaining it.  The mod posted and replied to it which are the two quotes below.
http://www.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=96800

this is how it translated:

. Hello everyone Please note a big update today at noon in the security clearance of the password: - The password to login box has been updated: now to connect to the game, indicate the password right. Uppercase, lowercase, all areas must be as recorded in the database. To date the password box was very lax, you could connect without worrying about capital letters, spaces before or after this walked. This is not the case now for obvious security reasons. If you are blocked so it is that the password you are trying to set is not that correct that you set for the account. Ask the mail passwords, test it as such. - By cons, there is a slight concern about email recovery passwords: It appears that the email does not display spaces before or after the . password This concern was found this afternoon and now the team verifies password recovery mail to correct this. - There will no longer be possible to put spaces before or after a word happens when we try to do it. This affects not the current passwords of players who still keep their spaces. Only the creation of a blow or password change the message "Your password must not contain spaces or accents" will appear. This will avoid any risk of forgetting space in passwords and all care. Please also note that: This has nothing to do with whether fairies (Some believed this). The team did not hit your passwords. either team has not done tests with your accounts. Read what I wrote: The connection box is just corrected, we must put the exact password. If you are unable to connect is that the password is not correct. In addition, I also specified that there is a concern on account recovery mail, it indicates no spaces before or after so the password specified may be slightly wrong, which can block you. The team rule it quickly. So start by asking the mail passwords, test it as is. If you still have a concern, I specify nicknames accounts that still block by opening a topic please. That's it!

Hello everyone. I wanted to remember one thing all over this because I read a lot of people say it should have been notified in advance so that players can change passwords before this bug fix. I remind you that the check passwords of the service was lax but NOT the check of the current password on the "My Account". The box "current password" to confirm a change of password, request the exact password since its creation. So all those who are or have been blocked at the connection due to the bug fix, no one could change their password before since they had the word exact account password anyway. Even by preventing early, it would have been impossible to avoid deadlock for those accounts where players no longer have the correct password and no validated email address. On the That this has not been announced: All this follows the rise and fixed a bug. The laxity of the box of the home was treated as a bug. The team made ​​no announcement for bug fixes and that is why no announcement has been made ​​for this change. In addition, players long before this correction, were supposed to know the password accurate passes the account to which they go. By knowing the password correct, the players are not blocked. And finally when those who have concerns connections on their accounts: The team does all it can to help them, but since the game administrators explain need an account with a functional mail address to play safely and serenity. An invalid email address is tolerated but the player doing that takes responsibility for losing the benefits and security of their account without address functional email. The game and its operations are not expected to comply with these problems without valid email address accounts. Having a non-functional email address is not a normal operation for an account. The team is already at the Listening to such accounts with unlocks they permit after XX days games despite an invalid e-mail address (For example, I remind you that a few months ago: No Mail validated = no images in his QSJ at all). As for the case of accounts whose email addresses are too old and missing since then, it is also the player to ensure that the email addresses of its accounts remain available. Finally, I still want to finish on a point because I know that some will say that I am without heart and I do not understand your worries: It is wrong for the simple reason that I too have lost the email addresses of some of my fairies. I have several fairies who are several years old, which I left the email addresses to be removed because I have forgotten them. For all these fairy, I'm in exactly the same situation as you! I can not change their mails, and if I lose their password, I can also no longer connect to it either! These fairies are years of playing and I care just as much as you value your fairy! Even if the situation is a concern for some free mail accounts to recover passwords, you still have to remain objective on one thing: The team has only set up something that should have been for years for safety reasons. The laxity of the home box was a real concern, endangering the accounts of all the players, encouraging risk accounts flights. The team is just doing what they think best for account security players in this story. And enhanced security is something vital. Many complain about piracy, this bug fixing should now stop not bad. And finally, I remind you that if you have troubles to connect from this change, please open a topic in this section, the The team is at your disposal and will try our best to help you unlock.

To clarify.... we ARE entering our passwords correctly.  The very first password made is what is saved, even though it is the wrong one.  And if this is the case, why does it only happen with the Chrome browser (which it's not a Chrome browser problem!) I'm just really upset about this.

Last edited by sierradane (2015-09-08 15:09:15)

#8 2015-09-08 18:41:22

jenzg11
Members

I had the same problems. I have to log in several times. The pages keep coming up with "web page not available" and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET"

This indicating that the games' server is not connecting and is having issues. Of course it's incorrect, as I have a clear internet connection.

I've done some research on this and found there is a bug with updating servers. Can you tell me what OS the servers for this game run on? Do you run with flash player or shockwave?

I am currently using Chrome and have so for the last year or so.

#9 2015-09-08 20:14:38

sierradane
Members

I'm still using Win10, never uninstalled it.  It seems to only be happening while using the Chrome browser.  IF this was a browser issue, then it would be happening all over the internet while using Chrome.  It only happens here.  I wish that the tech people of Feerik would understand that.  You'd think they could fix it. I don't believe it is "unfixable." 

One of my newer dolls that I had created using a new password that can't be logged in with the "saved" password (that was saved about a week ago)... I entered her password manually, changed it to the very first one ever used, logged out and I was able to log her in without entering it manually.  Now THAT is just not right.

Personally, I think this is a pretty big mess-up and considering that I, along with a lot others, spend RL money on a game that we love to play.  It's not right that they are not willing to investigate it further to fix it.  We shouldn't have to "deal with it" and we shouldn't be told, "It's not our fault, it's the Browser's fault" when in fact it is not.

UPDATE:

It doesn't happen on Edge (formerally known as MIE), and it doesn't happen on Mozilla.  But even though it happens on Chrome, it is still puzzling why the same thing doesn't happen at other websites.

Last edited by sierradane (2015-09-11 19:04:06)

• Index
  •  » Old Bugs
  •  » Passwords being converted to the previous one

Board footer