You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-12-03 04:24:45

angelfire
Members
Website

Help help help >.<

Okay, so I bought my mom a laptop and it's a surprise and I ordered it online and we're moving.

Our family is a change their mind at the last minute kind of family. So I bought the laptop think we were going to move in a week or two. Good enough time frame right? I can buy the laptop, put it on express and it'll come here in a jiffy. Wrong.

Idiotically didn't look at the order arrival date and submitted the order, it's coming next week on Thursday (10 Dec.) We're going to be packing this week and my dad said we'll move to the house on Saturday or Sunday (5, 6 Dec.)

The house we're living in is 5 hours from the house we're moving to. I was thinking to tell my dad to wait, but he already told my mom to set up the utilities in the new house. I'll still tell him, but there's a high chance he won't want that.

My brother is getting a laptop too. But his is coming tomorrow or Friday. We could hide that laptop and tell my mom it hadn't come yet and we should wait longer but mom's not dumb. Even if she won't figure it out, she'll still email the guy who sent it to us and ask for a refund or call the post office and try to track it down.

We could also just move and on the 10th, my dad could come back and wait for the laptop...but that doesn't seem very practical.

We could also just tell her but we really wanted to keep it a surprise.

Dad's in the truck driving business so I can't talk to him until he comes back on Saturday. That's when I'll tell him about staying here until the laptop comes.

Until then...suggestions? Advice? Please?

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#2 2015-12-03 05:50:49

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Re: Help help help >.<

If it hasn't been shipped yet, you may be able to get the shipping address changed.  Can't hurt to contact where you've ordered from and find out.  :)

#3 2015-12-03 07:26:08

angelfire
Members
Website

Dell doesn't allow for change of addresses >.> I tried canceling it but by the time I realized to l, it was already in production.

Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#4 2015-12-03 15:20:49

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

You have to call customer service! They help with these things!!

#5 2015-12-03 21:24:11

angelfire
Members
Website

It was written in the FAQ's when I can cancel and when I can't and that I can't change the shipping address, but I will call them to see if they could do anything. I'll let you know how it goes.

Okay okay, so called not much help, but, I figured out the carrier. Contacted them and they said they have to deliver it to the house first. But if no one responds to sign for the package, they take it back. We have 3 days to pick it up from the carrier or they ship it back. So, I'll just pick it up on Friday :D

Last edited by angelfire (2015-12-04 13:58:03)

Board footer