You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2016-05-18 17:29:44

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Title Suggestions

What are everyone's ideas for forum/board Titles.

Categories including:
- Fashion Design contest winners
- Room Design contest winners
- Number of years played
- For gaining a specific amount of posts
(might not be used in case people start posting nonsense just to up their number)
- Helpful players

If you have other ideas for title categories, let us know here as well!

Please keep this thread for posting title suggestions only.  All other comments about titles, please make here:  http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=10385

#2 2016-05-18 21:02:00

sierradane
Members

Re: Title Suggestions

If you go for the number of posts to determine the title, the numbers could be as follows:

0-10
11-100
101-500
501-1000
1001-5000
5001-10000
10001-20000
20001-....

some ideas:

(the below suggestions would be the low to higher number of posts)

(add an new rank or amount of posts when someone surpasses that number)

I looked up some job rankings if you were to enter the Fashion World:

Intern
Assistant buyer
Design assistant
Advertising Account Coordinator
Marketing
Personal assistant
Editorial assistant
Junior visual merchandiser
Brand Representative
Store manager (or Assistant Manager which might be someone who is a "Junior Mod")

Even though these are actual ranks of jobs in the Fashion world, having some of these titles might confuse some into thinking that the person with 40K+ votes is listed as the "store manager" might be in charge.

For Royal titles:

ROYALTY
Infante
Lady/Gentlman
Esquire
Knight
Baronet/Baroness
Baron
Viscount
Count/Countess
Marquess/Marquis
Duke/Duchesss
Grand Duke/Grand Duchess
Archduke
---
King/Queen
Emperor

(probably wouldn't want anyone to have the title of King/Queen or Emperor unless it was THE Sarah)
--------
simple titles:

school:
Freshman
Sophmore
Junior
Senior

(I've spaced the below URL so that it doesn't appear as a 'off site link'
http: //collectdolls.about.com/od /dollsbymaterial/tp/ Dolls-By-Materials. htm
various types of materials used to create dolls, the least durable to the most durable:

(rag doll isn't listed)
Rag Doll
Wood Doll
Wax Doll
Paper Mache Doll
China Doll
Bisque Doll
Celluloid Doll
Composition Doll
Hard Plastic Doll
Vinyl Doll

-----------------------------
city/town themed----these could be tied into the "Royal" titles and you could also add "serf"

0-10----Visitor
11-100----Villager
101-500----
501-1000----
1001-5000---
5001-10000---
10001-20000----
20001-....

Last edited by sierradane (2016-05-18 21:09:24)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#3 2016-05-18 22:55:49

malu
Members

I actually like the freshmen, sophmore thing Sierra suggested.
A lot of sites give their titles based on how long the player has been on the site.

I actually really like the idea of winning your title. It can liven up the board a bit too if there are contests! :D

Last edited by malu (2016-05-18 23:04:12)

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#4 2016-05-19 03:12:14

snortmort
Members

I can't say I have much interest in these specialty titles, so I have no suggestions for them hypn

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#5 2016-05-19 03:32:49

30stmxfan
Members

Could there be possibly the option to remove the title all together?
Getting titles for winning the fashion show or loft show could be cool. Also would we get a list of titles we could chose from? Like say someone was a senior member but wanted the junior member title (or none)

I like the titles for how long a person has been here.
Maybe titles like intern, model or fashion designer?

discord: corgibutt#2664

#6 2016-05-20 17:50:30

sierradane
Members

On a lot of forums they have the option to have titles that change over time according to the number of posts one has and at the same time, the option to give someone a different title which would be like the titles that Rarity's friends have.

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#7 2016-05-20 20:06:13

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

cocobelle wrote:
Categories including:
- Fashion Design contest winners
- Room Design contest winners

If "contest winners" refers to the Miss OhMyDollz and OhMyLoft fashion shows... I am opposed to this.  There are enough issues with questionable voting practices in these shows without adding any additional "incentives" to winning.

sierradane wrote:
the option to give someone a different title which would be like the titles that Rarity's friends have.

Simple suggestion:  Return those random titles that a few players (4-5 maybe?) have to "Members" and there is no more cause for debate... everyone remains the same.

30stmxfan:
Could there be possibly the option to remove the title all together?

If forum titles are implemented, I would also like to see the option to "turn down" a title that I did not want.
As another player said:

snortmort wrote:
I can't say I have much interest in these specialty titles, so I have no suggestions for them hypn

#8 2016-05-20 21:08:30

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

The fashion & room design contests would be for board contests only.

If you do not want your member title changed, you won't have to.

#9 2016-05-21 12:56:21

malu
Members

I actually agree with N0regrets about changing our titles to members if this is becoming an issue.

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#10 2016-05-21 15:05:05

angelfire
Members
Website

Agreeing with Malu. It was fun when it happened but so far it looks as a cause of dismay and I feel really bad being a part of it.

But if this is something the mods are actually doing and WILLING to do, then I say either join in or dont.

So since I do like the idea of titles, I really like Sierra's suggestion for the dolls. Its a nice theme to go with ^^ but since some of us have over 20,000 posts, Why not join two together instead of just one.
The only one I see from that list is the villagers and royalty as Sierra pointed out. But maybe they could be completely different too so that by passing, lett's say, 100,000 posts, you elevate to another category of status

Here's another suggestion too:
1-20 posts: Member
Why? Because if this gets advertised and the bosrd gets a stampede of players, it will be difficult for the mods to edit the tag of every single person that posts (unless theyre able to change the default name and in that case, please ignore me).
This kind of ensures that a person is goinng to be an active player on the board before getting a title

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#11 2016-05-21 20:53:29

sierradane
Members

I wonder which version this message board is?  The current version available is 1.4.

If there is the option to have automatic titles that are connected to the number of posts made, then a mod wouldn't have to add "members" to each and every person who makes an account here.  With the few custom titles, that shows it's possible to have different titles.  I've looked at their home page and from their (PunBB) description of their message boards:

PunBB is a fast and lightweight PHP-powered discussion board. It is released under the GNU General Public License. Its primary goals are to be faster, smaller and less graphically intensive as compared to other discussion boards. PunBB has fewer features than many other discussion boards, but is generally faster and outputs smaller, semantically correct XHTML-compliant pages.

Even though the description says it's "fast & lightweight"  and "less graphically intensive compared to other discussion boards" the French Forums are a whole lot prettier.

n0regrets wrote:

sierradane wrote:
the option to give someone a different title which would be like the titles that Rarity's friends have.

Simple suggestion:  Return those random titles that a few players (4-5 maybe?) have to "Members" and there is no more cause for debate... everyone remains the same.

Like I said before, it's a simple suggestion that has turned into something far more complicated that it needs to be.  It should never have become a debate.  I think that this message board is the first one I've ever been on that doesn't have some form of custom titles, and believe me... I've been on my fair share as have designed my fair share.  To want custom titles should be something interesting, or fun; not something for flaming fodder.

Last edited by sierradane (2016-05-21 21:02:54)

#12 2016-05-21 22:25:40

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

AND... topic closed.

Other people have not been flaming, only having a discussion expressing different opinions, which is allowed.

I have changed people's titles back to members.  Not sure if I got everyone since I don't know who all I had one.

Board footer