• Index
  •  » Old Bugs
  •  » WIA Bug? -- Won't save + coding problems

#1 2016-07-21 01:08:30

Lavender248
Members

WIA Bug? -- Won't save + coding problems

Issue #1

Whenever I try to update my WIA, the font refuses to change and always stays as the standard Arial font.
I have no problems with the colors and sizes though.

Issue #2

On my WIA, I tried to link Cookiesez's profile by attaching its URL to a picture of her doll.
However, every time I updated it, the URL kept changing to > ?p=fiche&pseudo= sez < when it's supposed to be
> ?p=fiche&pseudo=cookiesez <.
It works with the other dolls since their corresponding URL links would be ?p=fiche&pseudo=username but for Cookiesez, the entire Cookie part in her name is removed.
If I were to click on her picture with the incorrect link, it takes me to this page:
http://us.ohmydollz.com/?p=fiche&pseudo=%20sez.

I have double-checked on the second issue by going on one of my alternate dolls and doing the same thing with her picture+link but it still goes bonkers.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

#2 2016-07-21 01:18:02

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Re: WIA Bug? -- Won't save + coding problems

Well, 'cookie' is considered a bad word on OhMyDollz database. Don't ask me why, it just is. Whenever you put in a 'bad word' the WIA will omit it, which is probably why you can't link to Cookiesez.

I, too, have trouble with the font, I never know how big it is. And if I change the colors too often, or other things associated with the font, it only seems to recognize the first or second time I change it. I've learned to just let it...er, not bother me. But, yes, it would be nice if something was done about it.

Last edited by lady0filia (2016-07-21 01:19:48)

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#3 2016-07-21 01:30:31

Lavender248
Members

lady0filia wrote:

Well, 'cookie' is considered a bad word on OhMyDollz database. Don't ask me why, it just is. Whenever you put in a 'bad word' the WIA will omit it, which is probably why you can't link to Cookiesez.

I, too, have trouble with the font, I never know how big it is. And if I change the colors too often, or other things associated with the font, it only seems to recognize the first or second time I change it. I've learned to just let it...er, not bother me. But, yes, it would be nice if something was done about it.

That is quite strange but acceptable -- I guess. xD However, going to the extent of removing it from an embedded link is a bit much in my opinion. Oh well, that I can deal with.

Though, I really do hope something is done regarding the font.
//flails

Thank you for your quick response. o u o

#4 2016-07-21 17:07:39

sierradane
Members

Just try spelling her name with Zeroes to make the link and then it won't consider it a bad word:  c00kiesez.

For those bad words we can't spell, I'm not sure who chose those words since on all the other servers you can use any of them you want without any problems.

Lavender248 wrote:

lady0filia wrote:

That is quite strange but acceptable -- I guess. xD However, going to the extent of removing it from an embedded link is a bit much in my opinion. Oh well, that I can deal with.

Though, I really do hope something is done regarding the font.
//flails

Thank you for your quick response. o u o

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#5 2016-07-21 17:41:01

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

I think because that word is used to trigger hacking per my experience. (CS student here)

#6 2016-07-22 01:38:52

Lavender248
Members

sierradane wrote:

Just try spelling her name with Zeroes to make the link and then it won't consider it a bad word:  c00kiesez.

For those bad words we can't spell, I'm not sure who chose those words since on all the other servers you can use any of them you want without any problems.

Oh, yes, thank you for that tip.
Though, this is for a link so without the actual "cookie" part, the link won't work. It's like trying to type in google.com as g00gle.c0m.
But, nonetheless, thank you very much. c:

Maybe the words have no / not much significant meaning on the other servers (since they use different languages).

**Edit:

darkelfqueen wrote:

I think because that word is used to trigger hacking per my experience. (CS student here)

I don't know how coding works, but I will take your word for it. Thank you very much! c:

#7 2016-07-22 19:01:07

sierradane
Members

I don't understand WHY the word "cookie" is considered bad in the game, but you can use it here.   AND.... if it is so 'bad,' then why would the game allow it to be used when a player creates a doll with that word.

I tried it in my WIA and I see your frustration. 

There was another doll named scarseagull and her name wasn't allowed in messages or WIA's because of the *edit* part which is a version of the word that can be found in glass.

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#8 2016-07-22 19:50:06

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Have you ever heard of cookie grabbing in computer jargon? I think that's what Darkelfqueen meant. It could be possible to use the word cookie when coding their WIA in order for the player to hack into your computer whenever you visit their doll. That's called cookie-grabbing, and it's pretty scary stuff when you think about it.

It wouldn't work on the forums because I don't think that kind of coding works on this part of the game. The same with doll names. Which is why I used to see a lot of players, especially on the French server, with very inappropriate names.

I'm sure Darkelfqueen can explain it better.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#9 2016-07-23 02:41:32

sierradane
Members

lady0filia wrote:

Have you ever heard of cookie grabbing in computer jargon? I think that's what Darkelfqueen meant. It could be possible to use the word cookie when coding their WIA in order for the player to hack into your computer whenever you visit their doll. That's called cookie-grabbing, and it's pretty scary stuff when you think about it.

It wouldn't work on the forums because I don't think that kind of coding works on this part of the game. The same with doll names. Which is why I used to see a lot of players, especially on the French server, with very inappropriate names.

Yes, I know what and how cookies work with a computer.  There are other sites that uses coding that doesn't ban the work "cookie," so I guess that is what I don't understand... one company doing something when the rest of the companies in the world don't do it.

#10 2016-07-23 02:48:09

Lavender248
Members

sierradane wrote:

I don't understand WHY the word "cookie" is considered bad in the game, but you can use it here.   AND.... if it is so 'bad,' then why would the game allow it to be used when a player creates a doll with that word.

I tried it in my WIA and I see your frustration. 

There was another doll named scarseagull and her name wasn't allowed in messages or WIA's because of the *edit* part which is a version of the word that can be found in glass.

Ah, that sucks when one's name cannot be used in the game. :c
Well, I guess we have to put up with this cookie/name nonsense for the betterment of the other players. //I'll never get used to it though = A =

lady0filia wrote:

Ohh, I see. Anti-hacking initiatives. That pretty much explains it. Thank you very much!

#11 2016-07-28 01:41:45

joyceeileen
Members

I don't seem to be able to save anything! I've been trying to post in my WIA and when I try to confirm it,....it doesn't save it! I also can't go to a different room and save it! I keep going back to the room I'm in currently! Also can't seem to delete comments....everything I try to do doesn't work...I get taken to a page that says game is trying to connect to Internet or I need to make sure I'm connected to Internet! I wouldn't be on here if my Internet wasn't connected!! what is happening? anyone else having problems like this? please help!!

ok, now I can delete comments but still can't save a different room....takes me to a page that says game is having connecting problems??

still can't save anything...goes to page saying OMD isn't working...that it isn't sending data!

Last edited by joyceeileen (2016-07-28 19:51:33)

#12 2016-08-01 19:04:21

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

joyceeileen wrote:

I don't seem to be able to save anything! I've been trying to post in my WIA and when I try to confirm it,....it doesn't save it! I also can't go to a different room and save it! I keep going back to the room I'm in currently! Also can't seem to delete comments....everything I try to do doesn't work...I get taken to a page that says game is trying to connect to Internet or I need to make sure I'm connected to Internet! I wouldn't be on here if my Internet wasn't connected!! what is happening? anyone else having problems like this? please help!!

ok, now I can delete comments but still can't save a different room....takes me to a page that says game is having connecting problems??

still can't save anything...goes to page saying OMD isn't working...that it isn't sending data!

I've been monitoring this issue with my account as well but seems like it's fixed for me. Any luck with you?

• Index
  •  » Old Bugs
  •  » WIA Bug? -- Won't save + coding problems

Board footer