You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2016-10-01 00:23:04

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

[OMD Magazine Contest] My Halloween Report

http://i67.tinypic.com/5amlfr.png

Announcing a new Gazette event that will last all of October to celebrate Halloween! To participate in the event, go to: http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=10795

I woke up alone ... with no memory of how I came here. I was lying on top of a hill covered in yellowing grass. The sky was filled with gray clouds signaling a storm to come. Where am I?

Hello and welcome to the very first OMD Magazine game on the English version. This game was made exclusively for our English players. Together, we'll live through a scary tale and document it into an article that will be published in the next issue of the Gazette with credits to all that participate.

How will this work?

We have five stages. Each stage, we have two steps. You can participate in as many or as few of these as you want. Meaning you don't have to participate in each single step:

Riddle Stage: We'll post a riddle about a mythical beast. Your job is to guess who that is. When you think you have the answer, PM it to Darkelfqueen. That way everyone will have a chance to guess without being influenced by anyone else. You'll have 24 hours to send your guess. We'll write the exact deadline for each riddle.

Story Stage: After the 24 hours are up, we'll announce what the monster is and who got it right. At that step, we'll provide you with two sentences: A beginning and an end. Your job is to write the paragraph in between telling the story of the narrator's interaction with that beast. Did they get along? Did they fight? How was the beast defeated? You have complete freedom to tell us what happens. You'll have 4 days to provide us with that paragraph here on this thread. We'll then announce who the winner is from all the writers. The winner entry will be added to the article.

What are the rewards?

For each participation you do, you'll get different points:
- Participate in Riddle Stage and get the answer wrong: 5 points
- Participate in Riddle Stage and get the answer correctly: 10 points
- Participate in Story Stage and not get selected for the magazine: 15 points
- Participate in Story Stage and get selected for the magazine: 20 points

You can also gain 25 bonus points if you decorate one of your rooms into a scene that reflects one of the winning story bits. Meaning, let's say one of the winning paragraphs was describing the narrator's meeting with an ancient mummy and you decorated one of your rooms to show what happened in that bit, you'll gain 25 points.

At the end of the contest, you'll get one of the following rewards depending on how many points you have:
0 - 30 points: 1 gift from the previous Gazette gifts
35 - 100 points: 2 gifts from the previous Gazette gifts.
105 or more points: 2 gifts from the previous Gazette gifts plus 1 gift from the Halloween Store for $10 or less.

The top two players will also get a new forum title:

1st place: Queen of the Supernatural
2nd place: Ghost Whisperer

#2 2016-10-01 00:23:24

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Re: [OMD Magazine Contest] My Halloween Report

To participate in the event, go to: http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=10795

Board footer