You are not logged in.

Announcement

• Index
  •  » Dusty News
  •  » [Auction] Who will get to wear the Players creations?

#1 2017-04-19 12:41:41

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

[Auction] Who will get to wear the Players creations?

Hello dollz,

The contest is now over. Sarah has bought 5 beautiful creations from Stylists of great talent, and is now ready to offer them to the whole community.

It is time for the auction to start!

5 magnificent creations made by players are being put on auction today!

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/apercu_encheres_creas.png

These auction are visible to all players, from any status (players, VIPs, shopkeepers, but not “admins”), of any given versions, and will be transferred only to the highest bidder. At the end of the time elapsed, the proposed object will go to the one who made the best offer!

How does it work?

The starting price of each creation is set at 100 $$$.

The auction will proceed with bids of 10 $$$, and only $$$.

If one of the item has awaken your interest, bid on it to try to acquire it. The amout of $$$ which you have bid will be immediatly deduced from your account.

You can bid on multiple item at the same time.

You immediately get the $$$ committed you commited to a bid as soon as another player outbids you (place a bid higher than yours). A private message will warn you as soon as another player has overbid on an auction allowing you to place a bid again if that is your wish.

So watch out because the final price will be soely determined by the players.

The player with the best bid will get the item in his inventory, when the time indicated by the countdown end the player with the best bid will get the item in his inventory!

How long do the auction last?

A countdown is present on each auction indicating you the time remaining to place a bid.

Keep an eye on it!

But in what are these Creations so special?

The 5 items on sale at these Auctions were purchased by Sarah from OhMyDollz players after the “Propose your creation to Sarah” contest.

Each of these creations is a unique and valuable collector’s item that carries the tag “Rare” in the inventory. It can not be modified (re-sewn, cut, modified etc …), can not be duplicated, and is not purchaseable through the “purchase in the lofts”.

– The name of its designer will always display the name of its designer by right-clicking on it. And finally its designers onl keeps one copy.  In other words, only two people on the OhMyDollz community will have the honor of wearing these stunning creations!

Will these stunning characters and outfits have a be a prominent place in your Lofts?

All you have to do in order to gain acess to the auctions is to click on the promotion button:
http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/boutons_ench_on.png

Good luck to all!

#2 2017-04-19 15:02:50

andybel
Members

Re: [Auction] Who will get to wear the Players creations?

Let me connect the dots, the amount/figures next to each outfit corresponds to the actual price of that outfit, doesn't it? And I must have that amount on my doll's account to buy that dress or can I just bid for the sake of bidding? (or even better, pay it in installments! lol)

~**...Keep your eyes on the stars, they will show you something everytime...**~

#3 2017-04-19 16:14:29

littlemandy
Members

andybel wrote:

Let me connect the dots, the amount/figures next to each outfit corresponds to the actual price of that outfit, doesn't it? And I must have that amount on my doll's account to buy that dress or can I just bid for the sake of bidding? (or even better, pay it in installments! lol)

The figures next to the outfit does not correspond to the actual price of the outfit, but rather the current bid amount I believe.

You must have that amount on your doll's account
to try bid for the outfit. I tried to bid and it didn't work for me when I had less. Correct me if I'm wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
intr
Anyway, just my opinion but I don't find bidding worth it at all. Far too much $ for an outfit. I love Poussière d’Etoile and Coeur en Sucre's outfits but not really a fan of the rest.

As I said before, for the last one which is currently sitting at $770 (who actually bidded this high?), you can actually make it yourself by buying the parts via the shops for like 1/10 (maybe even less lol) of the current bid price and if you logged in when parts of the outfit was given for free- just join them together and there you go.

http://i.imgur.com/6lYLzZw.png

#4 2017-04-19 18:45:40

jenzg11
Members

littlemandy wrote:

intr
Anyway, just my opinion but I don't find bidding worth it at all. Far too much $ for an outfit. I love Poussière d’Etoile and Coeur en Sucre's outfits but not really a fan of the rest.

As I said before, for the last one which is currently sitting at $770 (who actually bidded this high?), you can actually make it yourself by buying the parts via the shops for like 1/10 (maybe even less lol) of the current bid price and if you logged in when parts of the outfit was given for free- just join them together and there you go.

I agree with you Mandy. Cute idea but not something I'll not be joining in on.

Last edited by jenzg11 (2017-04-23 19:44:48)

#5 2017-04-19 18:58:05

sierradane
Members

They must be working over-time trying to figure out ways for us to spend more DB's and/or RL money for feez. 

Personally, of the winners, there are some from other servers that aren't that great looking.  There were a lot of entries from our server that looked a lot better, such as the Prince outfit (the singer).    Often times, I feel all the other servers have a great disadvantage in every aspect of this game when it is compared to the French Server.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#6 2017-04-19 19:32:49

dyingneko
Members

It's only my personal opinion, but I feel like if you want an outfit like this, it's way better and cheaper to just make it on your own than spending such huge amounts of money, I don't think anyone can really win in the auction against french players that spend huge amounts of real money on this game.
Though I have to admit that some outfits are very nice and creative.

https://i.imgur.com/iBiTuAe.jpg

#7 2017-04-19 21:20:55

rukia131
Members

Ok just out of curiosity did some maths and at the moment if you didn't have the $$$ saved up to bid you'd be paying roughly 100~110 $ to get the feez for those creations -full price I mean,
not adding what you currently have-(bids still going up though) .
Don't get me wrong, they'd beautiful... but I'd rather take a trip to the mall.

Last edited by rukia131 (2017-04-19 21:21:46)

#8 2017-04-20 06:04:01

laurabow
Members

As soon as I saw the word "auction," I knew crazy amounts of $$$ would be involved.  It may be a rare outfit, but I'll admire from afar.

#9 2017-04-20 08:49:57

rheasilvia

Overall those are very beautiful and very creative outfits but at the same time I don't care for them at all. I saw some creations that I liked a lot more than what has won, I guess I have a bad taste.

I feel like each server should have their own auction. There's simply no way of winning against the sheer amount of French players. I'm always amazed at how many of them is active on the French board. Any new post gets like 15 pages of response and here if we get 2 pages it means a heated discussion ;)

Anyway, I hate auctions in general. They make me feel stressed.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

#10 2017-04-20 15:22:39

angelfire
Members
Website

I like the idea of the auctions but the highest 2000+ right now....

I didnt think it was possible to get that far without spending feez @.@

Last edited by angelfire (2017-04-20 15:23:29)

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#11 2017-04-20 21:44:48

zoey900
Members
Website

4000$+ atm...

I wonder how far the prices will go by the end of it. LOL

http://i.imgur.com/uKyqdwi.png

#12 2017-04-20 22:08:24

lilysummers
Members

I agree with Sierradane that it seems they are trying way too hard to get us to spend money, Auctions and a feez exclusive store seems to be the latest ( even if that's temporary its horrible )
This is exactly why I stopped spending money on this game, even though I have spent a small fortune in the past and still would where it not this small personal principle
I Supported this game with real money for a long time because it did not exclude non paying players from anything.
but now..vip subscriptions, vip stores, feez store, the adventure pace has been moved up, you can buy everything directly for feez with a click etc ..
its starting to become very hard to keep up and very expensive if you want to try.
I cant justify it to myself with the old, I don't mind paying so the others ( kids most likely)  can play for free excuse because they are literally excluded from things far too often now.
Its not fun with your nose pressed up against the candy store window
and since I've stopped paying I noticed how often I get to miss out on some great things that before I wouldn't think twice about buying.
The price tag to get to take part in all the fun around here is for the privileged, no longer for everyone.
This maximizing profit philosophy with total disregard towards fair exchange with your costumer base or its happiness  is a worrying trend in online gaming these days.
pricing on virtual goods is astronomical and beyond reasonable if you keep an eye on your finance.

#13 2017-04-21 03:01:17

andybel
Members

littlemandy wrote:

andybel wrote:

The figures next to the outfit does not correspond to the actual price of the outfit, but rather the current bid amount I believe.

You must have that amount on your doll's account
to try bid for the outfit. I tried to bid and it didn't work for me when I had less. Correct me if I'm wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
intr

Thank you, Mandy. I agree. Prices are too high.

#14 2017-04-21 15:27:28

cutekiderika
Members

So, members from all server are to fight for who will bid the highest until the time is up. I'm just curious as to which player from which server has that crazy amount of money, I'm so jealous. I could buy TONS of things with that amount of $$$ and recreate the first item (musical b&w doll)
Well, that is my opinion. It's their account and it is up to them if they want to spend it on that.
P.S: If anything was worth to buy, I think it would be one of the outfits and not the dolls. I'm worried as a free player.
intr

#15 2017-04-22 07:19:37

laurabow
Members

Does anybody else feel bad for the dress that's at $1400, while the others are much higher?  Money principles aside, it's not as favored as the others, even though it's probably my favorite of the bunch due to the color scheme.

#16 2017-04-22 08:16:08

cutekiderika
Members

laurabow wrote:

Does anybody else feel bad for the dress that's at $1400, while the others are much higher?  Money principles aside, it's not as favored as the others, even though it's probably my favorite of the bunch due to the color scheme.

I 100% agree with you, plus its also the dress that has the best graphic quality, imo, compared to the rest.

#17 2017-04-22 23:39:20

littlemandy
Members

cutekiderika wrote:

laurabow wrote:

I 100% agree with you, plus its also the dress that has the best graphic quality, imo, compared to the rest.

Whilst I do feel bad for the dress that is at $1400, I kind of understand WHY it's at that price.

1. The majority of the pieces the outfit was made from was for FREE as seen here.
2. The rest of the pieces used to make the outfit was from stores -such as Lineda45' store.
This means that this outfit is arguably the one that is easiest to make for less than $100 (also probably the only one that can be exactly replicated) and the 'least creative' in the sense that it only combined free log-in gifts and a few pieces from the stores.
quoi
At first I was surprised this one got 3rd... I thought many other submissions were much more creative and deserving... considering the fact that this outfit wasn't all that creative...

http://i.imgur.com/6lYLzZw.png

#18 2017-04-23 12:38:51

gothgirlmiho
Members

Considering they called for outfits, and got dressed background characters...

#19 2017-04-27 19:23:36

andybel
Members

Let me pose a silly question. Now that the auction is over, Who won the outfits? What happens now? quoi

• Index
  •  » Dusty News
  •  » [Auction] Who will get to wear the Players creations?

Board footer