You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-08-11 12:16:39

euphraxia
Members

How'd she do this?

Hi Dollz, I was recently admiring a French Doll.  She had used the scarves from Oh My Boutique to make braids on her Doll. (There are some very imaginative outfits!)  Anyway, it's driving me crazy trying to figure out how she got those scarves behind her Dolls head!  Any ideas? 0.o

#2 2013-08-13 15:37:58

aprettylittleliar
Members

Re: How'd she do this?

Its very simply to put any clothing item behind your dolls head, however your doll will have to wear a wig to make it possible.
1. First take off any wig your doll may be wearing (so she has a bald head). Then pick the item and place it on top of your doll or in this case on top of her head so she is wearing the item
2. Next make sure you have the item selected so you can see the pink box around the item.
3. If you have the item selected you will notice a long vertical rectangle scroll box just right of the item (on the top there is a plus sign and a subtraction sign on the bottom of the box).
4. Then make sure the scroll is at the bottom of the box, get it as close to the subtraction sign as possible.
5. Next take the wig you chose and place it on your dolls head. Now the item should look as if it is behind your doll.

“Never trust a pretty girl with an ugly secret.”

#3 2013-08-13 18:33:40

sierradane
Members

What's the French doll's name?  They seem to be imaginative with layering lots and lots of items that we wouldn't think of using to make something else.  (which has to cost loads of money to do so)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#4 2013-08-14 18:36:24

saphie1
Members

I dont remember her name.  And yes, looking at the outfits and some of the scenery, ka-ching.  There are some really beautiful Dollz.  I saw a mermaids tail made out of hundreds of necklaces.  Anyway, Thanks for the suggestion,  If I see it again I'll catch her name.

#5 2013-08-16 05:23:01

xemoxrockerx
Members
Website

@aprettylittleliar: I don't think that would work. It'd just go behind w/e hair you're using but not the head.

I think the doll you're reffering to probably used a skin. Like the ones in the halloween store or quest prizes (An example would be the blue mermaid skin I'm using on my doll right now. Yes there are quite a few normal human skin.)
The skin acts like a normal item so it can go over and under clothes, necklaces, scarves, etc, etc.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DUQ5qc0D02A/VFrBeTyyrxI/AAAAAAAACG8/_w5ujDpgwR4/s1600/Emorocker1-sig-01.png
|Older Art. Updated: 10/17/14| Instagram : p2ionics |
| Twitter : psionic_nerd | Tumblr Writing Blog : under-latest-nostalgia |
Thanks for the ava/sig shadowchild03!

#6 2013-08-18 12:38:24

euphraxia
Members

No skin either, another reason for the confusion.

#7 2013-08-18 21:23:35

icefoxes
Members

I did some playing around I found out how!!! If you hold Alt and click a bunch of items, you can move them all at the same time with out changing how they are layered on top of each other, and I know that if you hold Alt, click an item on your doll, drag it far to the right, then release it, it will still act like you are wearing it even tough technically it is too far from your doll. Then you click on the item, drag the box on the vertical bar all the way to the bottom, select it while holding Alt again, then drag it where you want it under your doll. WARNING: Item being worn under your doll may be hidden by items if you make your doll stand in front of furniture. However, if you play with the layering you can fix this.

Before they gave the site a new look I took a look at the 'How to Play' page or whatever it was called. It explained how to use Alt to move items.  I use a mac, so I have to use Alt, but it may be some other button for other computers. And one more important thing, the selected items will be highlighted in gold.

Last edited by icefoxes (2013-08-18 21:27:34)

#8 2013-08-18 22:10:19

goldenlightt
Members

Wow, Icefoxes, that's really useful! Thanks for sharing that.

https://goo.gl/6cBZiz
Thank you Zoey900 for the avatar and signature!

#9 2013-08-24 15:01:33

euphraxia
Members

Thank you all good good

#10 2014-05-13 15:17:12

euphraxia
Members

new I was looking at some more of the dollz on the French site with items behind their dollz that you can't normally put behind them.  So I started looking through their forum and I found it.  Here's what you do.  Put the item on your doll where you want it.  Then move the item with the arrows on your keyboard.  Then with the arrows on your loft, move your doll.  Then click the item and move it back to your doll with the arrows on your keyboard.  Make sure its in the behind position.

Board footer