You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-04-08 05:36:14

swiftwind20
Members

Advice For The Broken Hearted, Please

So there's a guy in my life, and we were friends, but then we got together last Sept. We were doing fine until he suddenly decided to end it a week before Valentine's Day. Thing is, I fell in love with him and I'm pretty sure he felt the same way about me. At least some of the things he said and did told me he felt that way, other than the fact that he directly said he loved me. But then he was wanting space or he'd run, and short of moving out of the state, I gave him all the space I could, until I finally got the courage to ask what was going on, and he just says that I wasn't what he wanted. Well you can imagine, I was pretty devastated, to the point I turned self destructive. But I finally got the courage to call and tell him that I wanted him back. So we sat down and talked and he explained why he had wanted to break up with me, and somehow we managed to get back together. I was so happy. But it only lasted for a little over a week before he wanted to break up again. This was the first week a March. He said it was because he had to much on his plate and didn't really have time for a girlfriend and he didn't want to end up ignoring me. And I want to believe him. But it seems as if he's moved onto another person, so I'm not sure if what he told me was the truth. He certainly doesn't respond to my texts anymore and I'm afraid to call and he be 'busy'. The problem is that I'm still in love with him, and being away from him is tearing me apart. I cry every night and I've started to turn self destructive again. Even though it's only been a month since we broke up the second time, nothing seems to work in trying to get over him. I've cried, gone out with friends, done things alone, and talked to people about how I feel, all to distract myself, but nothing seems to work. It just feels like a chore. I gather no enjoyment from anything. I don't feel happy anymore. I don't even want to eat (that's the self destruction) to the point that I've gotten dangerously thin. Everyone insists that I'll get over him, but truth be told, I don't want to. I keep dreaming that he's going to call me to come back over and ask me to be his again. Some days the feeling is so strong, that I expect the phone to ring any second. Is there any chance that this could happen? Or am I just being a silly fool with a silly little dream? And if I am, how long until the pain goes away? Because when he left, not only did I lose the man I love and my heart, but I lost my best friend too.  He is everything to me. He's my missing piece. So if anyone has any advice, please post it, because I feel like I'm going to go mad soon.

Follow your dreams. For as you dream, so shall you become.
~ James Allen

#2 2014-04-08 15:02:54

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: Advice For The Broken Hearted, Please

I can't give you good advice but I'll attempt. I can give you a hug. Sort of...
*Virtual electronic suffocating hugs of luf*

After reading that, I think you want to know how he feels about you. You're sitting there unknown to his real feelings about you and you're left with making situations up in your head. You need to call him.
If he says he's busy, ask him for just five minutes. tell him what you've been doing, how you've been, what your going through all that, and then ask him if he genuinely cares the same for you.
If it goes to voicemail, then do the same thing. If he cares at all, he'll call back.
You could even just read what you wrote up there. I think it has a lot of emotion put into it and would work :)
I think you'll be better off hearing what he has to say rather than you thinking you know what he has to say.

Last edited by angelfire (2014-04-08 15:40:46)

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2014-04-08 15:38:07

bloodyemos
Members
Website

As someone who has experienced the self destruction you are doing and has gone through something similar (of my doing) and will be doing so again come June (his mothers doing sadly), the key thing is not let yourself get that low. No matter how hard it is, how much it hurts, eat and go out with other friends. Trust me, over time it'll start to work.

Swift, this has only been 2 months for you and I know the pain doesn't lessen easy. "Time heals all things." is quite true. It does. It'll take time before you finally come to terms with everything and decide it is best to move on.

I do agree with Angel. Try talking to him one more time. Explain to him what is going on. Try to get him to tell you how he really feels. Let him know that the "game" he is playing is hurting you mentally and physically.

I do plead with you to eat though. Anorexia is a demon I still face and it's been over a year since I started. Don't end up like me. Toss that demon aside as early as possible. The quicker, the better.

http://i.imgur.com/cArCc6e.png
Soldier to Be Following Enlisted, My Heart
Tumblr: The-Steampunk-Paradox|Snapchat: KatInsanity1102

#4 2014-04-08 16:53:49

xemoxrockerx
Members
Website

oh swifty D:

Okay, first of all, no matter what, you gotta keep going. eat, leave the house, don't stay at home moping.

Second, I agree with angel/bloody, you need to find out how he feels now. Don't let him avoid it, at the very least you'll find closure instead of imagining things.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DUQ5qc0D02A/VFrBeTyyrxI/AAAAAAAACG8/_w5ujDpgwR4/s1600/Emorocker1-sig-01.png
|Older Art. Updated: 10/17/14| Instagram : p2ionics |
| Twitter : psionic_nerd | Tumblr Writing Blog : under-latest-nostalgia |
Thanks for the ava/sig shadowchild03!

#5 2014-04-08 18:29:57

picalilll
Members
Website

Eat and don't sit at home crying.... that will just make things worst.

My cousin was dumped and she didn't eat for weeks... she got over it eventually.. he was essentially using her. Just don't think it's your fault or you've done something wrong. You have to look at it from both sides.... I know it sounds stupid - but you do.

You can't feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can't steal you, no
Like you stole me

Board footer