You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-04-10 13:47:04

xemoxrockerx
Members
Website

Important! Big Internet Bug!

So, I found this out from the tumblr staff but it seems that there's been a new bug discovered on OpenSSL (?) Basically, the https:// thing that supposedly keeps your passwords and emails and things safe from hackers was found to have a bug that can be exploited. So just a warning to you guys if you have anything important at all on the net like email passwords, PayPal maybe try changing your passwords now!
The bug has been dubbed "Heartbleed" if you would like more info on it, that's the name to look up :)

(This was tumblr's post, it explains it better than I do)
Urgent security update

Bad news. A major vulnerability, known as “Heartbleed,” has been disclosed for the technology that powers encryption across the majority of the internet. That includes Tumblr.

We have no evidence of any breach and, like most networks, our team took immediate action to fix the issue.

But this still means that the little lock icon (HTTPS) we all trusted to keep our passwords, personal emails, and credit cards safe, was actually making all that private information accessible to anyone who knew about the exploit.

This might be a good day to call in sick and take some time to change your passwords everywhere—especially your high-security services like email, file storage, and banking, which may have been compromised by this bug.

You’ll be hearing more in the news over the coming days. Take care.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DUQ5qc0D02A/VFrBeTyyrxI/AAAAAAAACG8/_w5ujDpgwR4/s1600/Emorocker1-sig-01.png
|Older Art. Updated: 10/17/14| Instagram : p2ionics |
| Twitter : psionic_nerd | Tumblr Writing Blog : under-latest-nostalgia |
Thanks for the ava/sig shadowchild03!

#2 2014-04-10 14:20:04

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: Important! Big Internet Bug!

Thanks xEmo!

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2014-04-10 17:08:32

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Nope. Unlike common belief you should NOT change your passwords. Several websites haven't fixed the issue yet and if you change your password now then you're giving them. the hachers, the new password.

The right thing to do is to LOG OUT of any important websites and services and wait till you make sure they updates their services then log in and change passwords. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD RIGHT AWAY! Might be risky.

#4 2014-04-15 14:33:42

malu
Members

Oh wow.. This is baaaad..

Oh, thanks Darky! :D

So this is means buying feez is unsafe too?

Last edited by malu (2014-04-15 14:34:17)

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#5 2014-04-15 14:54:06

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Most websites have changed their privacy codes and so on like Facebook, Amazon, tumblr and others.

Not sure about OMD. I'm not even sure they were using the thing that had the bug. If I find something out, I'll let you know. Xemo any idea?

#6 2014-04-16 16:40:07

xemoxrockerx
Members
Website

Only thing i found out is that there's this website > filippo.io/Heartbleed/ < you type in the url and it checks whether the privacy codes have been updated. I'm not sure how accurate it is but quite a few sites gave me the same link.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DUQ5qc0D02A/VFrBeTyyrxI/AAAAAAAACG8/_w5ujDpgwR4/s1600/Emorocker1-sig-01.png
|Older Art. Updated: 10/17/14| Instagram : p2ionics |
| Twitter : psionic_nerd | Tumblr Writing Blog : under-latest-nostalgia |
Thanks for the ava/sig shadowchild03!

Board footer