You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-07-11 12:11:02

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

DreamSpark for Students!

This is something that I just found out and thought I had to share. Turns out Microsoft has a website called Dreamspark where students can get development tools and ebooks and training for free!

Those include VisualStudio (for those who are going to Computer Science, this is EPIC), XNA Framework (for developing XBox Games - Saw its tutorials and it seems so easy to learn) and Kodu (or was it Kudo? -- I always forget) which I've heard is an easy alternative for Flash.

For Computer Science students, they have training for a lot of amazing stuff! Databases and Cloud are included They're partnering with PluralSight which has tons of amazing tutorials. Including for apps, flash and others.

I've managed to subscribe to it. All you need is either sign up using an EDU account or go through a verification process to prove you're a student. I don't see any expiration dates so far or anything.

If you can't guess already, I'm so excited. I've been trying to find a way to subscribe to pluralsight for a while now :D

#2 2014-07-11 20:15:25

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: DreamSpark for Students!

That's exciting! I'm going to go check it out!

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2014-07-13 20:26:26

xemoxrockerx
Members
Website

Re: DreamSpark for Students!

*Squeals*
This is really col darky :D
--
While I was looking this up, I also looked up my school in relation and I found out that some schools have a sort of subscription-alliance thing? Basically if your school has it, there's a program wherein you will be eligible to download Dreamspark Premium which is more professional at the low low price of free :D
So yeah, my school has it and it's called "Microsoft Student Partners" and I didn't join this year bc it might've been a lot to handle but I'm thinking of joining next year.
But yeah, random sidenote because your school might have it too :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DUQ5qc0D02A/VFrBeTyyrxI/AAAAAAAACG8/_w5ujDpgwR4/s1600/Emorocker1-sig-01.png
|Older Art. Updated: 10/17/14| Instagram : p2ionics |
| Twitter : psionic_nerd | Tumblr Writing Blog : under-latest-nostalgia |
Thanks for the ava/sig shadowchild03!

Board footer