You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-09-10 15:17:06

snortmort
Members

Malware Messages Popping Up on my Pages

I haven't been online since beginning of August because my laptop's been dead, so I hadn't realized this issue until just now. Whenever I or anybody else attempts to access my page, we receive a popup saying there is malware on the site. I went through Internet Explorer and it works that way and I cleared out most of my WIA, but it didn't seem to help

Is there any way the team can look into what's going on with it? Apparently my other pages have the same problem - super weird and disconcerting!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#2 2014-09-10 15:25:51

sierradane
Members

Re: Malware Messages Popping Up on my Pages

I can view your "bride" doll account on Chrome without any warnings.

Enter in your wallpaper/background area with the URL of your avatar so that your avatar tiles on the background.  The line that's causing the warning is from what had been entered in that space  (see below paragraph)

From looking at the "source" or "guts" of your page from MIE, there is one line that lists the wallcapture.com which is showing up as the background you've entered.  But by viewing your page on MIE, I can clearly see you have NO background since it's white.  Maybe enter a URL for a background, even though it that may be blank right now, might get rid of it?  Or... did you try "deleting your page customization" ?

I know that when I access your page using MIE, I don't get that message.  On Chrome, it used to list the supposed webpage that was causing it.  Now the message just gives a warning about THIS site and that some players may have dangerous things in their WIA.

When you log your character in, you don't receive any warning?  And do you use Chrome or MIE or something else?

Wallcapture.com is one of the things it had said.  It won't let me view your page at all on Chrome anymore. 

Here's what it says in case it didn't show up on your end of things:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for wallcapture.com/wp-content

What is the current listing status for wallcapture.com/wp-content?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 3 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 191 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-09-08, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2014-09-08.
Malicious software includes 1796 scripting exploit(s), 203 exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS33387 (DATASHACK).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, wallcapture.com/wp-content did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 169 domain(s), including shinobi-world77.yoo7.com/, firhanhatakeedogawa.co.vu/, tinhte.vn/.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Last edited by sierradane (2014-09-10 15:53:25)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#3 2014-09-12 09:17:37

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Its still doing it, do you want me to ask admin to see if she can wipe your wia? 

My virus protection popped up on someone else's page, one of the images had malware attached to it.  I would screen shot anything you want to keep, and re-upload them on a hosting site.  I don't know if its possible for your images on hosting sites to get hacked, everything else seems to be lately..  I don't really know much about that sort of thing, so other than that I don't know what would be causing it.

#4 2014-09-26 20:32:34

snortmort
Members

My main was fixed by admin, thank-you, and I discovered that the source of the issue was not my WIA, but rather the photo site that some of my backgrounds were sourced from. All my pages should be up and running now - thank-you to those who alerted me to the problem and helped me out!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#5 2014-09-27 00:37:57

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

Yay!! and your welcome!! I am glad you are up and running now!

Board footer