You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-10-14 14:12:19

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

[Stores] week Dr Who: Amethyst

Hi dollz!

We continue this week, "Whovienne" with superb Améthyst creations! Again they are for all tastes, we are spoiled!

look for yourself: http://us.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/us/amethyst-1.png
http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/MeP-DEMO_DW1.jpghttp://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/MeP-DEMO_DW2.jpghttp://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/MeP-DEMO_DW0.jpg

Have a good week with Dr. Who on Ohmydollz!

#2 2014-10-14 16:48:52

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: [Stores] week Dr Who: Amethyst

Are you telling me, that I can now dress my dolls AND my guy dollz as...the DOCTOR??
OMG!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WHAT'S GOING ON!!!

*EDIT*
Sonic Screwdriver, Tardis, K-9, Tardis, Dalicks, Tardis, The skin lady whose name I don't remember, Tardis, Nebula thing, TARDIS, the "Bad Wolf" graffiti, DID I MENTION THE TARDIS!!

Last edited by angelfire (2014-10-14 16:54:29)

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2014-10-14 17:04:11

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

I find it weird to have male clothes/accessories in a 'girl store'. I'll have to keep reminding myself when I dress the male models up that Amethyst has some stuff for them.

Anyway, I've never seen the show so it'd be great if a fan could tell me what is what - like what's with the celery? The only thing I know is that Dr. Who travels through time using the Tardis. My brother told me about the crying angel thing, but I don't know it's significance.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#4 2014-10-14 19:28:36

darkjewels
Members

lady0filia wrote:

I find it weird to have male clothes/accessories in a 'girl store'. I'll have to keep reminding myself when I dress the male models up that Amethyst has some stuff for them.

indeed. i think it's funy that the stuf from the 1st 2 pictures are not in dollz men instead...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#5 2014-10-15 00:07:55

elenagilbert98
Members

Can one buy the 10th Doctor that is pictured w/ glasses, blue striped suit, coat, & sonic screwdriver?

#6 2014-10-15 00:38:26

angelfire
Members
Website

I haven't watched past Rose leaving. So I don't know much either. I kinda laughed at the lettuce ^^

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#7 2014-10-15 01:15:20

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

elenagilbert98 wrote:

Can one buy the 10th Doctor that is pictured w/ glasses, blue striped suit, coat, & sonic screwdriver?

Yes, you are able to buy the clothes for him.

#8 2014-10-15 06:02:03

jadaviafairy14
Members

Dr Who.....awesome.

Adding the weeping angels.....I just got rid of my nightmares like maybe 4 weeks ago...thanks a lot.

#9 2014-10-15 07:47:28

elenagilbert98
Members

I would like to have the actual 10th Doctor, not just 10's clothes.  Can one buy a guy that looks like 10 in that last photo on the 1st post in this thread?  I definitely need a 10th Doctor for my rosetyler98 account.  : )

#10 2014-10-18 03:34:20

sierradane
Members

darkjewels wrote:

lady0filia wrote:

indeed. i think it's funy that the stuf from the 1st 2 pictures are not in dollz men instead...

If I'm not mistaken, the men's clothing in this store is a bit cheaper than the ones in the Menz store which I am liking.

I hope that with all of the "Dr. Who" stuff coming out, that's not an indication of a "Dr Who" Halloween Quest.

Last edited by sierradane (2014-10-20 19:15:50)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#11 2014-10-19 22:13:01

orangemaid
Members

Hmm, given that this week is almost over I should have asked on Monday...

Are these going to be permanent in store items? Or only available for the week?

My only other thought is that these would have made a wonderful magic cupbord collection. At least the pure doctor cosplay items.

Anyway, I've never seen the show so it'd be great if a fan could tell me what is what - like what's with the celery? The only thing I know is that Dr. Who travels through time using the Tardis. My brother told me about the crying angel thing, but I don't know it's significance.

Going back to classic Doctor Who (Doctor 1 - 7) and the newer doctors (9-current) there is a fair amount of difference. Mainly just as a product of when they were made. The 8th doctor was an American TV movie type thing that ignored a lot of classic canon. I think there was a separate 8th doctor for the British that was done as a radio drama, but I don't recall for certain.

The first doctor was introduced as a sort of hermit/fugitive, hiding on earth with his granddaughter. While not televised source material mentions that he intended to find a sort of utopia, and eliminate any future threats so he could live in peace. This went against the prinicples of non-interference the Timelord abide by. However his TARDIS doesn't work correctly, so he can't control where he goes (the new series states this is because it needs 6 people to fly) Amongst many other things, the chameleon circuit which should make the ship change shape to fit in doesn't work, hence always looking like a Police Call Box.

The First Doctor really looks down on humans as a primitive species with little worth. His early 'companions' are literally kidnapped. As the series progresses through different Doctors he comes to value humans and other lesser species more. (I suspect in somecases this was just making the character easier to write, rather than a planned evolution).

To help the show last longer, the concept of regeneration was introduced, so there could be a new main character. These are the subsequent Doctors, and is attributed to their alien biology.  This complete change of body usually accompanies a change in personality, so they change their clothes,  have different perspectives in their outlook, and in the case of the 6th Doctor, can become rather unstable.

Classic Doctor who stated that Timelords had a limit of 13 lives, and one of The Doctor's later opponents named The Master, who was also a Timelord, gained much infamy because he stole extra lives.

Classic Doctor who ran over 20 years, the story evolved and changed. There were recurring villains, companions of various sorts, the Doctor butting political heads with the other Timelords of Galifrey and so on.

Then it went off air, there was supplementary material in other media, and then The ninth Doctor returned to TV.  In the interim, a massive war occurred raging throughout time and space between the Galifreyan Timelords and the Daleks, (who extrapolated timetravel from their many encounters with the Doctor.)   To stop the war The Doctor managed to lock both sides away. ( A mini-series special indicates that the Doctor discovered the Timelord leadership was becoming quite amoral with plans to exert their dominance over the universe, which was pretty much against everything the Doctor had always fought for)

So the Doctor believes he is the last of his kind, with both sides defeated, he doesn't want anyone to get hurt because of him, so he needs to relearn the whole Companion thing, and thus restart the series!

The current series spends more time building up seasonal story arcs though the Classic did have some long story arcs (beyond the serial format of the day.) most of the time the classic series were unconnected.

As for the specific questions -

The Fifth Doctor (Davidson) stated that celery was for good health. It was his primary eccentricity. Occaisionally he would use it as a smelling salt. Just think of it as an odd flower for a nosegay.

The Weeping Angels - originally a one-shot 'villain'. I believe the Doctor said their species was 'Time Locked' in that they can only move when no living species is looking at them. This includes others of their own species. Which the Doctor states is why they are called the Lonely Assassins. They are also incredibly fast when not observed, covering several meters in the time you blink. They 'feed' by stealing your future time (which by happenstance sends you back in time, the amount of time thrown back dependent on the Angel). The need for temporal energy is why they went after the TARDIS.

The Angels don't weep so much as cover their own eyes, to keep themselves from becoming trapped.

The follow up episode was kind of a let down. It fleshed the species out more, but instead of sending people back in time with a touch, the Angels tore them apart. I believe the first story worked so well because of how it was told, the second was merely a horror-movie chase sequence.

To anyone interested in Doctor Who for the first time - please do not watch for pairings! Or at least not pairing with the Doctors.  The nature of the series with Changing Doctors and changing companions means no pairs will really last.  (And I find the age gap a bit iffy, when I remember First Doctor had a granddaughter.)

Board footer