You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-12-31 21:42:52

sierradane
Members

What are your NEW YEARS Plans or customs?

I live in the US as most know.  My husband & I, more than likely will not do anything other than to go to bed at the regular time.

But...

What I will do before going to bed, which is something I do every New Year's Eve:

While standing outside my front door, I'll place a quarter, dime, nickle and penny on the porch then step over the coins to go in for the night.  Then in the morning, I'll step over the coins again and pick them up.  That is supposed to bring you good fortune in the coming year.

And of course, I'll eat some black eyed peas tomorrow, even if only a spoonful and that's for good luck.

Other customs or supersitions is to eat cabbage on New year's Day to bring riches in the coming year; place a coin under your plate when you eat one of your meals on that day... for good fortune and good luck.

I heard on a show or the news that in some parts of the world, on New year's eve, some people spend it with their family members that have passed on... by sleeping in the cemetery.

What are your customs or plans for this holiday?

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#2 2015-01-01 03:02:09

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Re: What are your NEW YEARS Plans or customs?

Happy new year everyone!!!

I'm actually writing my new year resolutions right now.

#3 2015-01-01 05:08:43

angelfire
Members
Website

No customs or traditions. Although I've recently taken up writing resolutions/goals.

-Become active on YouTube
-Graduate HS
-Be proud of the grade I get at the end of the year
-Make Mom proud of me for whatever reason
-Be a role model for my siblings
-Be consistent with how many times I draw
-Start a journal OR blog
-Get a job (start a business?)
-Be happy with wherever we move
-Sew one of my designs
-Go into a college that I have chosen
-Actually try in school
-And as always: No regrets

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#4 2015-01-01 06:07:22

laurabow
Members

No traditions here.  I actually never heard of those before.

At one point, I thought it'd be fun to load up my Sims 2 game and throw a New Year's Eve party*, pausing my game so it hits midnight at the same time as the clock in real life, but I don't think I will.  Too tired.  Besides, my sims can celebrate New Year's Eve any day of the year.

*Functionality that came with Happy Holiday Stuff, Holiday Edition, or Holiday Party Pack.

#5 2015-01-01 12:41:34

rheasilvia

In Poland it is said that you shouldn't clean your house on the last day of the year to not sweep any good luck out of your home. Well, any custom that tells me to not clean is a good one, isn't it? :P

I've also heard about writing down your problems and worries on a piece of paper and then burning it to get rid of them. There is also a thing about opening all the doors and windows and also setting all the clocks again just after midnight to welcome the New Year and its good luck. And if you want to have good luck with girls/boys then you should wear a completely new set of underwear. Well, that's all the customs that I know (and never really practice).

And I don't make any New Year's resolutions. I'm super-bad at keeping them so I don't even try, no point.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

Board footer