You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-03-27 19:34:25

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Lots of Change

I'm writing this for two purposes:
1. I'm so sorry for missing votes for the last two days (three?). A lot of things are happening in my life right now. They don't affect me directly, but I'm somewhat juggling their effects. Two of my friends and colleagues at work have moved from our team and as a result, their work is now on my shoulders. That includes a TON of meetings that sometimes span evenings. My time was severely affected by that.

Add to that studying (I have three courses -- Online courses, but GOD LOTS of studying) and Tutoring. And yeah...juggling a lot.

Next Steps:
1. I will be coming back to a better schedule next week (after this weekend) so voting should be back to normal (maybe done a bit earlier than usual)
2. I'll be trying my hardest to make up votes this weekend. I tutor in the weekends so it's usually hard, but I'll try my best.

2. I'm so sorry if I seemed distant, but believe me I've been so overwhelmed lately. It's a good stress as it's really pushing my limits and I'm learning a lot about time management and how ... weird the world is. :)

Next Steps:
I will plan myself ten minute breaks throughout the day that I'll be using for fun and keeping my sanity in check :) You should be seeing me on the board more often.

A few things I want to do this Summer hopefully on here:
- Bring back Mini-LI (and possibly a cover contest ;)
- Bring back Camp Olympuss
- Bring back the programming tutorials

Sooooo....wish me luck and stay tuned.

#2 2015-03-27 21:51:24

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: Lots of Change

Good luck big sis! It's sounds like a lot but it also looks like you're handling it pretty well!

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2015-03-29 00:12:38

laurabow
Members

darkelfqueen wrote:

Two of my friends and colleagues at work have moved from our team and as a result, their work is now on my shoulders.

Ah, yes, a very common situation in the working world.  A person, or people, leave and their work gets ... re-allocated to another individual.  Good luck keeping everything held together - including yourself - but we know you can do it!

#4 2015-05-16 13:43:59

amaryllis-love
Members

I have been juggling sorta the same things as you are/were juggling, Darky. Its my second year in Uni and things have been taking a toll on my sanity! Just last week I had to single-handedly organize an entire faculty (which basically includes batches of students from about 5 to 10 degree programs) for an event, and starting next week,  I'm having my midterms. I have gotten very little sleep, since I had to improvise on a lot of things due to lack of support from other members on the student committee, and I am pretty sure I won't have enough time to study for at least one of the subjects which sits as a prerequisite for a subject I will be studying next year. On top of that there's a lot of issues with my admission as well--they made a mistake with  a small part of the transaction. So it's been tough. But I'm trying to keep a good head about it so just like you I'm trying to take regular breaks!

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/Malulala/and-ariel-art-beautiful-black-Favim_zpsd3b4a655.jpg

Snapchat: lurkingpanda
Instagram: lil.miss.loco

#5 2015-05-16 17:33:19

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Yeah! I'm gonna share what I ended up doing! I had a scare when I ended up fainting while working with a customer, but things have gone better after some tips from my mentor.

#6 2015-06-15 17:49:25

subway1
Members

Darky,
It's been a while!
I hope you are happy and healthy, despite having extra work and a busy schedule, and I hope you have had a great year so far! I've missed you girls so much!!! I've been super busy too, with exams (or finals ?) and schoolwork and birthdays and ADUSGFUHEHGYRU. There's just so much going on at the moment, I see where you're coming from!!
So I'm now on Summer vacation (yaaay!) and so I will be able to go on more often!!
Over all, Good luck and I hope you are as happy as you can be!
xx, Sabrina :)

The Mauraders were alive that night, all four of them, you know, but it wasn't the same; only three were true and one was gone, and the one that was gone shouldn't have been. But they were together, again, and in that moment, they knew, they would never say goodbye.

Board footer