Cost: 250 DB

1.Sunscreen
2.Aegean Sea
3.backwash
4.la nacre
5. Atlas
6. 2nd & 31st
7. Kida

(so far my doll aubreydane has done this quest)

sidenote: I find it ironic that the quest that features Greek Mythology (Greece....) comes out on the day that the country Greece defaults on their loans and is officially broke.

Last edited by sierradane (2015-07-01 15:40:09)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#2 2015-07-01 15:42:50

queyd
Members

Re: Atlantis quest

Oh, I was too slow with the guide. xD

I find that ironic too. :/ But anyway, the items are good imo, I like them a lot.

#3 2015-07-01 16:01:48

aluralegend
Members

Thanks for the answers Sierra! I looked at the items and love this quest. I needed a room like that also. Really hard to go swimming with my options..
gai

#4 2015-07-01 17:07:13

april
Members

Am I wrong, or is the crescent moon symbols used throughout this quest more Islam symbols such as on their flag than Atlantis symbols like triangles (pyramids),  and circles.
I'm not trying to insult anyone's beliefs, just curious and want to know. And Why if it is. Because if this is more Greek, you'd think they would use "Poseidon's" trident more than a crescent moon.  However the trident is kind of circular  like a "U" with another line coming up from the middle, so maybe they left out that line and they meant a trident. Either way I would like to know
Thanks for any insightful comments you all might have

To love another person is to see the face of G-d.  -Victor Hugo

#5 2015-07-01 17:59:06

april613
Members

Oops sorry my main doll account April forgot about Selene (or Artimis) the Greek moon goddess had that as her symbol, but I didn't find any Atlantis connection still. 
It's all Greek to me.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

#6 2015-07-01 18:53:26

orangemaid
Members

Thanks for the guide!

I normally find that quest rewards are something of a mismatch, but this time even the items in the sixth set complement the blues and whites in all the others. Not that I'm likely to put them together with how little I actually decorate.

(What is that called? Hue? Shade? Tone? Value? Where a pastel Buttercup, and a jeweltone Topaz, are both yellow but don't match?)

And April, I wouldn't worry about motifs. Or historical accurracy.- or fictional source accuracy either! I've come to accept part of the charm of this game is how they twist source materials anew or mash a couple of separate sources together.

...And now I need to refresh my knowledge on Selene. Seriously, until DiC brought Sailor Moon to America, I don't think I'd ever heard of her before, and I've always attributed the moon to Artemis, then again I mistakenly attributed Apollo to the sun and that's apparently Helios

Either way, a moon motif makes sense for an ocean culture, since the moon is stronlgy tied tot he tides.

#7 2015-07-02 00:08:27

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Whenever I see a crescent moon I think of Sailor Moon myself. I'm a big fan of Luna the cat.

I don't think Islamic countries solely own the crescent moon as their's and their's alone, it's a symbol of the night sky and so much more. It is said that unicorns represent the moon.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#8 2015-07-02 08:50:51

rheasilvia

lady0filia wrote:

Whenever I see a crescent moon I think of Sailor Moon myself. I'm a big fan of Luna the cat.

Haha, me too! That's what I always think first when I see a crescent moon!

Anyway, a crescent moon symbol has been used by many religions and cultures since ancient times. Now we mostly associate it with Islam but it was also present in Greek, Roman, Egyptian, African, Wicca and also Christian beliefs. I think the most important thing is that no matter the culture the symbol most often relates to the element of water and feminine powers. And as April said, Poseidon's trident would probably work better with the Atlantis theme, but I have the feeling that the creators of this quest wanted to make it more feminine since this game's player base is mostly girls. Well, that's how I see it, but it's also quite possible that whoever made this quest wasn't thinking much and they just like the moon ;P

Whatever the case it is a lovely quest - the room is very nice and there are many beautiful gifts that match nicely. I really like it!

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

#9 2015-07-02 11:11:53

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

rheasilvia wrote:

Anyway, a crescent moon symbol has been used by many religions and cultures since ancient times. Now we mostly associate it with Islam but it was also present in Greek, Roman, Egyptian, African, Wicca and also Christian beliefs. I think the most important thing is that no matter the culture the symbol most often relates to the element of water and feminine powers. And as April said, Poseidon's trident would probably work better with the Atlantis theme, but I have the feeling that the creators of this quest wanted to make it more feminine since this game's player base is mostly girls. Well, that's how I see it, but it's also quite possible that whoever made this quest wasn't thinking much and they just like the moon ;P

Agreed! I think that many of the ancient cultures were dependent on the lunar calendar, too, so it is highly likely that the symbol is common.

All in all, though, this is the first quest in a while I fell in love with!

#10 2015-07-02 16:39:34

jenzg11
Members

aomd_bravo
Thank you SierraDane for the quest info.

#11 2015-07-02 21:58:05

snortmort
Members

I think this quest has the nicest room I've ever seen Feerik put out. I actually don't want to cover over it and turn it into something else, unlike most of the other rooms I get! It's beautiful!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

Board footer