You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-03-19 18:33:58

sierradane
Members

Guess for next Quest? Ideas?

I was discussing the possibilities of what might be the next Quest that would be coming up with Jenzg11 and I did some research on current movies.  As we all know, sometimes Quests are based on "what's hot" in movies or TV or music 'at that time,' so that's why I chose movies to make MY guess.  Feel free to add what YOUR guess might be.  And let's not forget... Easter IS coming up =)

Current movies:

300: Rise of an Empire
Rate R

Cast:
Sullivan Stapleton, Eva Green, Lena Headey, Rodgrigo Santoro, David Wenham

Synopsis:
Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) assembles his troops to fend off an invading Persian army led by the immortal Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) and the vindictive Persian navy commander Artemisia (Eva Green) in this sequel to 300 based on the graphic novel Xerses by Frank Miller. In the wake of the Persians' victory over King Leonidas and his 300 Spartans, the God King Xerxes (Santoro) appears poised to conquer Greece. As the ruthless Artemisia (Eva Green) assembles a massive fleet of ships and sets sail for conquest, Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) strives to rally his countrymen to fight for freedom, and he manages to gain the upper hand over the invaders by confronting them at sea. Meanwhile, Leonidas' former advisor and wife Queen Gorgo (Lena Headey) is reluctant to sacrifice any more Spartans in a fight that appears to be unwinnable. When the Greeks enjoy an early victory over Artemisia and her soldiers, however, it appears that Themistokles' unconventional tactics are more effective than the Persian Empire's formidable brawn. But later, after Artemisia's attempt to seduce Themistokles to her side proves unsuccessful, the spurned naval commander deals a devastating blow to her Greek opponents. In the aftermath of that skirmish, Themistokles is presumed dead and Athens falls. The Persian Empire seems on the verge of victory, though when Xerxes and Artemisia learn that Themistokles lives, they realize the fight won't be over until he takes his final breath.

``````````````````````````

Mr.  Peabody & Sherman
rated PG

cast:
Ty Burrell, Max Charles, Stephen Colbert, Allison Janney, Ariel Winter

Synopsis:
Rocky and Bullwinkle Show time-travelers Mr. Peabody and his adopted human sidekick, Sherman (voiced by Ty Burrell and Max Charles, respectively), strike out on their own for a big-screen CGI adventure in this feature directed by Rob Minkoff (The Haunted Mansion). Stephen Colbert and Allison Janney also contribute to the voice cast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Non-Stop
Rated PG-13

Cast:
Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore, Nate Parker, Scoot McNairy, Michelle Dockery

Synopsis:
Liam Neeson reunites with Unknown director Jaume Collet-Serra) for this airborne thriller about an Air Marshal racing to stop the villain who has framed him as a hijacker during a non-stop flight from New York to London. From the moment we first meet Air Marshal Bill Marks (Neeson), it's apparent his nerves are frayed. After furtively knocking back a stiff drink in the airport parking lot, he enters the crowded terminal to board a plane bound for London

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Son of God
Rated PG-13

Cast:
Diogo Morgado, Greg Hicks, Adrian Schiller, Sebastian Knapp, Simn Kunz

Synopsis:
This major motion picture event -- an experience created to be shared among families and communities across the U.S. -- brings the story of Jesus’ life to audiences through compelling cinematic storytelling that is both powerful and inspirational. Told with the scope and scale of an action epic, the film features powerful performances, exotic locales, dazzling visual effects and a rich orchestral score from Oscar®-winner Hans Zimmer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pompeii
Rated PG-13

Cast:
Carrie-Anne Moss, Emily Browning, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Jessica Lucas, Jared Harris

Synopsis:
Paul W.S. Anderson directs this period disaster film centered on the story of a Pompeii gladiator who races to save his true love as Mount Vesuvius prepares to erupt in A.D. 79. After rising out of slavery to become a gladiator, Milo (Kit Harrington) falls for radiant merchant's daughter Cassia (Emily Browning), who is being coerced into marrying a nefarious Roman Senator. Meanwhile, as the lava starts to flow, Milo must escape the arena and rescue Cassia before they are both turned to ash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Days to Kill
Rated PG-13

Cast:
Kevin Costner, Amber Heard, Hailee Steinfeld, Connie Nielsen, Tomas Lemarquis

Synopsis:
A terminally ill Secret Service agent is coaxed out of retirement for one last job in exchange for an experimental drug that could save his life, and give him more time with his estranged family. For decades Ethan Runner (Kevin Costner) has kept his dangerous career a carefully guarded secret -- not even his wife and daughter know what he really does for a living. Shortly after receiving a grim medical diagnosis, Ethan decides to give up his dangerous career for one last shot at being a decent husband and father. Meanwhile, Ethan has been tasked with watching his daughter while his wife goes out of town for a few days. But when the agency offers Ethan a life-saving cure in exchange for capturing a notorious terrorist, he reluctantly accepts. Now, with his daughter's safety in his hands for the first time in a decade and the powerful drug's debilitating side effects taking hold, the hunt begins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Endless Love
Rated PG-13

Cast:
Alex Pettyfer, Gabriella Wilde, Robert Patrick, Bruce Greenwood, Rhys Wakefield

Synopsis:
Following their high-school graduation, Jade Butterfield (Gabriella Wilde), a sheltered but privileged teen, becomes enthralled with David Elliot (Alex Pettyfer), a working-class youth with a troubled past. Though Jade and David quickly fall in love, Jade's father (Bruce Greenwood) strongly disapproves of the relationship, while David's father (Robert Patrick) advises caution. However, their parents' disapproval only makes the love-struck teens more determined to pursue the intense affair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Winter's Tale
Not Rated

Cast:
Laurence Harvey, Jane Asher, Diana Churchill, Moira Redmond, Jim Dale.

Synopsis:
This feature is a filmed stage production of the tragedy by William Shakespeare. Laurence Harvey stars as Leontes, the jealous king who eventually repents his wrongdoings. Moira Redmond is Queen Hermione who is victimized by the indiscretions of her monarch husband. Jane Asher is the village peasant girl Perdita and Diana Churchill plays Paulina. The role of Autocylus is played admirably by Jim Dale, who also provided the music for this production. The performance comes from a television show produced at the Intertel Wembley studios. Along with Romeo and Juliet, 1968 was a good year for the immortal bard, whose timeless plays were being received by a younger, receptive audience through shrewd production and prudent casting with an eye towards capturing a more youthful audience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you all think?

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#2 2014-03-19 19:36:07

jenzg11
Members

Re: Guess for next Quest? Ideas?

My guess:

Pompeii/Winter's Tale
Bringing back or replay of the Heaven or cloud rooms- with gift vouchers.
Leaning more toward Pompeii... better designs.

#3 2014-03-19 19:59:36

30stmxfan
Members

Rise of an Empire or Pompeii would be nice quests to have. I can't remember the last time we had an Ancient Greece/Romain/etc quest on here. I'd love to have olive leaf crowns and togas haha or gladiator items!

discord: corgibutt#2664

#4 2014-03-19 21:13:39

moonglow
Members

You know we have a lot of Egypt stuff, and even an Egypt store, but shouldn't there be a room too?  Another doll I have uses the garage as her Egypt room.

Your idea of Son of G-d and, I add, the upcoming Noah movie with Russell Crowe, old biblical costumes and old movies like the ten commandments might be interesting.

Another thread earlier mentioned murder mystery, or any mystery quest--Agatha Christy like, or Sherlock Holmes like --Old English settings.

#5 2014-03-19 21:36:21

bloodyemos
Members
Website

How about replay's? I've been dying for another one of those. Got an account with almost 1000 db waiting for those.

http://i.imgur.com/cArCc6e.png
Soldier to Be Following Enlisted, My Heart
Tumblr: The-Steampunk-Paradox|Snapchat: KatInsanity1102

#6 2014-03-20 10:16:00

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

I would love for them to do a quest for endless love. I really enjoyed that movie!

#7 2014-03-20 15:05:53

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

How about The Muppets new movie? I'd love to have something that looks like Kermit and Miss Piggy, hee-hee. As long as they weren't too creepy.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#8 2014-03-24 17:57:26

sierradane
Members

lady0filia wrote:

How about The Muppets new movie? I'd love to have something that looks like Kermit and Miss Piggy, hee-hee. As long as they weren't too creepy.

Creepy like this:

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/33735.png

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#9 2014-03-25 14:47:25

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Yeah, that's...definitely creepy. Brr~ sad

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#10 2014-04-02 15:02:56

faechild86
Members

No one mentioned Divergent that just came out. (PG-13) It's part of a book trilogy. Personally, I think if it's a movie based one, this will be it.

In a world divided by factions based on virtues, Tris learns she's Divergent and won't fit in. When she discovers a plot to destroy Divergents, Tris and the mysterious Four must find out what makes Divergents dangerous before it's too late. (via IMDB)

The books a VERY popular worldwide, so we can assume that the movies will be too. Don't forget, they go by what's popular in FRANCE, not the US. There's occasionally some wild differences in popularity between the two.

I'm also wondering if Easter will be a hunt, since we've not had one of those in quite awhile!

http://i.imgur.com/eRugvHD.png

Board footer