You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-04-11 09:21:54

iklovech
Members

I don't know anymore.

Me(22) and my little sister(15) both of us got belly button rings yesterday. We didn't tell our father but our mother knew. Afterwards we told him and he started throwing a tantrum like a baby. I can understand why he is upset, its just the way he is acting. He said the most horrible things to my mother, one of those things is that my mother is a **** bad mother. He said that we know how he feels about things like that and we can get things like this when he isn't there anymore. He is like my grandfather who still wants to control his children's lives. We at least stand up for ourselves. I told my father I do some things for myself because it makes me happy and I can't always feel bad about it just because he doesn't like it. I'm allowed to make myself happy in whatever way I feel possible. He comes with the story yes what if I meet a really nice guy who is intelligent and everyone loves him and he see's me with all these piercings. What is going on this guy's head. I told him I don't care, the guy can jump of a mountain for all I care. I know there is a guy out there who would like and love me for who I am. Then he keeps saying we don't respect him. We do respect him but in our own ways. We can't always do what he wants us to do. Now he wants to go to the schools and put a stop to all girls wearing belly button rings. Girls should not be allowed to have belly button rings.

#2 2014-04-11 10:57:51

harajukukiki
Members

Re: I don't know anymore.

Ignore him. It's just a belly button piercing and he's overreacting; it's not like you got 50 piercings on your face. I have a nose ring and although it didn't really bother my dad when I got them, he still overreacts to other things I do. I get mad about him for a while, then I think "F*** it" and I ignore whatever he has to say.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33otxz9.png

#3 2014-04-11 16:01:43

angelfire
Members
Website

Happens to me all the time. Dads just don't want their precious babies to grow up.
If it makes you happy, then it's what you want. But I guess you should have at least told him. He might be feeling unimportant to you and that's why he's controlling.

Like Hara said, It's just a piercing. He'll get over it eventually.

Don't worry so much about it. I don't know your dad but from what he's doing, it's clear to me that he loves you too much to let you go.

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#4 2014-04-11 19:52:23

30stmxfan
Members

You say your 22 though? Your adult so I don't understand how he thinks he has all this control over your life. He probably just still sees you as his little baby (all parents do this...No matter what there age) Parents don't always understand there kids and many don't want them to grow up. He probably also has a bad view of belly rings - that people with them are, starts with an S and ends in a T lol. My mom has the same kind of mentality.  I love how he brought up the future husband/man thing because everything in life must lead to marriage lol. Seriously your dad sounds like my mom. Long lost twins?

Just do what makes you happy in life. It's your life.

discord: corgibutt#2664

#5 2014-04-11 22:33:21

spiderwick9
Members

Yeah, I get what your feeling. My family has been rather topsy-turvy lately, so my dad likes to turn everything into a life lesson, even if it means over reacting about jokes and stuff.
But the thing is, you're an adult, and your dad really did just react like a child. Belly button piercings aren't that big of a deal, especialy if your family doesn't mind.
And if you have a different way of showing respect than what he can recognize,  it's his fault for not seeing that there is more than one way to show respect. I'm a happy, and grateful person, but I just show it in a strange way, so my family thinks I'm a depressed girl. Really, all I can say is, pay those moments no mind. Even if not now, your dad will come to see this.

Last edited by spiderwick9 (2014-04-11 22:33:36)

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Kn2ynQkiWbg/Vwrll2jSJ8I/AAAAAAAACOM/jbC-otDqTLAPoCRfnzFIuYUHtk3Ovrkig/s1600/Crappy_Keeley_Signature.jpg

#6 2014-04-11 23:13:25

iklovech
Members

I'm starting to hate Facebook. My dad is in his 50's and he complaints about it on Facebook so that it seems that he is the victim and we're the bad guys. After he said that when he is no longer there then we can get piercings and tattoos. I told him that wants us to wait until we're 80 to have our own lives. That's not how it works. Now he goes and complaints on Facebook that we want him gone so we can get piercings and tattoos. That's not what I meant. I don't want someone to control my life forever and have to wait until their not there anymore before I can have a life.

#7 2014-04-12 18:01:47

darkjewels
Members

he is so lucky i'm not his daughter... i would already have turned his public image into a melodramatic crying-baby.
is it a crime to NOT want your parent dead to just get a simple tattoo/piercing now?

i'd have commented under his complaints:

if you wouldn't overreact like a BABY everytime we do ANYTHING we like, and worse: MISTUNDERSTAND and lie about what we reply, we would inform you what we are going to do BEFORE putting a new tattoo/piercing more often or even everytime.

but then, he is not my father, i'm not his daughter and i'm sometimes a bit more agressive than i'd need to...

Last edited by darkjewels (2014-04-12 18:02:49)

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#8 2014-04-13 18:47:54

30stmxfan
Members

Do you have the funds to move out or stay with a friend? They don't sound very positive and your dad sounds very negative and as dark said, 'a cry baby.' Also while your at it, quiet your dad on your news feed to block out that type of negativity. I don't have facebook but I've heard you could do that

@dark
I would have done the same thing haha

discord: corgibutt#2664

#9 2014-04-13 23:51:38

iklovech
Members

I sadly don't have the money to move out because I don't have a job. Most my friends still live with their parents or married.

Board footer