You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2014-07-07 03:05:30

snortmort
Members

Re: WHAT TEAM DO YOU GO FOR AT THE WORLD CUP?

lol Rhea - Robben does pull off some magnificent swan dives, but I'd say he's one of the Dutch's best players - he's the one who puts in the most action for the team.  There were a few CR players who played up minor injuries to try and get penalties against the Dutch team, too - all the soccer teams seem to do it - they're so wussy sometimes lol!
I must say though, I thought the NL team played better than Costa Rica - Costa Rica seemed to play only defense and barely got it over to the NL side at all. I was so glad that the Dutch won in that shootout - not a nice way to win, but I really do think they played the better game.
I'll be sure to catch the game on Wednesday between them and Argentina! I think it would be pretty epic to see a final showdown between Germany and the Netherlands!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#27 2014-07-07 14:47:12

rheasilvia

You're absolutely right, Snortmort, Robben is a great player and that's actually one of the reasons why I hate the fact that he tries to cheat so much. And I agree that pretty much every team fakes fouls and it really annoys me. But it's especially infuriating to me when an exceptionally good player does that. I admit I just expect better from such professionals.
And the NL team is definitely more skillful than Costa Rica and deserved the win. I just think that Costa Rica should be acknowledged for their quite clever tactics that allowed them to get so far and also wear and scare the NL team so much. Besides, I was really fed up with all the comments made by sports reporters and people in general. All of them were so sure that Costa Rica would fail miserably and were making jokes about them. So rude!

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

#28 2014-07-07 19:29:26

snortmort
Members

Well, Costa Rica certainly put up a good defense, and their goalie was sooooooo good! We were all very impressed by him!

#29 2014-07-07 21:29:09

darkjewels
Members

rheasilvia wrote:

Yeah, I'm really diappointed with FIFA. The referee in tha match was not a very good one in my opinion. He should have been more strict from the beginning, he was very lenient towars both of the teams and allowed them to get very brutal. He didn't immediately stop the game when Neymar got injuried (which is not a bad thing considering the fact that Neymar fakes quite often), but even when he did he still didn't punish Zuniga accordingly. A red card would be very proper in that situation. Even now FIFA still can punish him, just like they did with Suarez, but it doesn't seem they're planning to do it :/

lol indeed xP in the episode of The Simpsons about the soccer cup he was specialy mocked because of that.
but seriously, something should be done about the referee. i've never seen a referee do such a poor job before. both teams could just begin to kill each other and he'd still wouldn't bat an eye :/
but i've heard people are overreacting to Zuniga and even wanting to harm his family. darn, he'd only need to be suspended for as long or longer than suarez was(because the damage inflicted to the individual, not because it was neymar) and his family had nothing to do with that.
and i am yet to hear what people think of that referee...

rheasilvia wrote:

And the NL team is definitely more skillful than Costa Rica and deserved the win. I just think that Costa Rica should be acknowledged for their quite clever tactics that allowed them to get so far and also wear and scare the NL team so much. Besides, I was really fed up with all the comments made by sports reporters and people in general. All of them were so sure that Costa Rica would fail miserably and were making jokes about them. So rude!

i just HATE when such things happen. where did the fairplay go?
i mean, in the end of the match between BR and CO some of the players from BR even hugged some of the players from CO and switched shirts with them.

EDIT:
since i can't double post, here's the prediction of today's match result:
DE: 10
BR: -10

Last edited by darkjewels (2014-07-08 22:50:06)

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#30 2014-07-08 23:33:19

bianca96
Members

rheasilvia wrote:

And I also want to let you all know that I've started hating on Robben a lot. He missed his vocation, he should be an actor.

Robben is a great player, but you're right, have you watched Mexico-Netherlands? Ohhhh, I think Mexico deserved it, Robben was always acting and looking for a penalty. Anyway, Netherlands won. But that attitude was so poor!!! Where is the "fair play"?
(Watching Brazil- Germany. Germany is winning 5-0. I can't believe it.)
!!EDIT. 7-0. No words, dollz :/
Waiting for Argentina-Netherlands tomorrow!!!!

Last edited by bianca96 (2014-07-08 23:41:10)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lwwuVf9NYeM/Uv6QyrE6BtI/AAAAAAAABi0/uERC5YYGyzs/s1600/bianca1-sig-01.png

#31 2014-07-09 06:28:18

darkjewels
Members

actualy, it was 1-7 :p well, it wasn't 0-8 but there were 8 gols in that match

---

#32 2014-07-09 14:26:20

rheasilvia

OMG, I just can't! The match between Germany and Brazil was priceless! It was so surreal and simply painful to watch. I had such conflicting feelings, I was both feeling bad for Brazil and laughing my butt off. Reading all the puns and jokes on Twitter wasn't helping in keeping my sanity either XD
I'm curious as to what will happen today.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

#33 2014-07-10 05:52:21

darkjewels
Members

looks like argentina won. i hope the orange guys(forgot the team's name) don't give BR a merciful shoot. :p
at the 1st 2 points of BR/GE match i was like: nah, i'll watch anime and hope BR can get back on
by the 3rd gol, i was like: WAT? already?
by the 4th, i went to the TV and my family and i were like: do the 5th! now the 6th!
7th? make it 8! make it 8! C'MON MAKE THE 8TH GOL! MAKE THAT aomd_nrv 8TH GOL!
then BR made the 8th gol 10 seconds before the end :p
7x1
and there was a TON of mockery from national pages in BR too XD

---

#34 2014-07-10 14:25:47

snortmort
Members

Even though a shoot-out is a brutal way to go down, I'm not too sad about the result yesterday. Sure, Netherlands is my background and I would have loved to see them advance, partially because Netherlands vs Germany would have be EPIC, but I'm glad they went down to a team like Argentina - they both seemed quite evenly matched in the game, and you didn't have all the ridiculous players falling all over the field and whining about non-injuries like in the NL vs Costa Rica game last week. It was a good game to watch!

#35 2014-07-10 17:13:33

angelfire
Members
Website

Yeah normally I don't make fun of teams because I'm like it was probably a bad day for them but what happened to Brazil?? This wasn't a bad day...THIS WAS HORRIBLE! I didn't watch the game but I mean, did Brazil even run after the ball? Were they too tired to continue or something? 7 points? In the last run of the season?
What?
I'm sitting here surprised that Germany didn't get more goals

Netherland vs. Argentina wasn't so bad but I'm 2-4? Amm...what's with all these high number of scores?? People aren't playing their best in the last run! It should be like 1-0 or even 2-0. These hourish long games need sound like the teams want the win! This sounds like one wants to win while the other is just satisfied...
I'm not watching the 3rd place game. Brazil and Netherlands both disappointed me.
They didn't necessarily have to win...but sound like they tried?

Now I gotta wait three days and most possibly I won't be able to watch that match. Crossing fingers though that we'll be able to.

*EDIT*
Oh wait never mind...That was after the match ended between Netherland and Argentina. Never mind. Hope restored to Netherlands...still disappointed with Brazil

Last edited by angelfire (2014-07-10 17:17:32)

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#36 2014-07-10 22:56:50

bianca96
Members

YES!!!!!!!!! Bravo! My heart is full of hapiness!!!! We won a difficult match...I'm so proud... those guys deserved it. My family and I were so nervous, but of course we had a lot of hope in our team. The goalkeeper, Romero, was the hero of Argentina. He saved two penalties and when they asked about his ability at penalties, he said "penalties are just luck". 100% honesty. We never wanted a draw, and we were always thinking of Argentina (opposite to Brazil, they were always cheering for our rivals). And here we are, the final at the Maracaná on Sunday, Brazil & Netherlands will fight for the third place on Saturday... I'm sooo and happy, I never have  seen Argentina advance to this part of the World Cup! Yesterday our country was dyed in light-blue and white (our flag colours) and we celebrate the victory!!! aomd_bave aomd_bave I'll try to post some pics! Hope you understand me, I'm not really good at English :) Hugs!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lwwuVf9NYeM/Uv6QyrE6BtI/AAAAAAAABi0/uERC5YYGyzs/s1600/bianca1-sig-01.png

#37 2014-07-10 22:59:57

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Congrats Bianca!!! Show us lots of pics!!!!!

#38 2014-07-12 00:48:37

ilovejasmine
Members
Website

The FINAL game : ARGENTINA VS GERMANY !

The last game between BRAZIL and GERMANY, REALLY Had me mad IDK the FIFA decided to put brazil out there after they were done playing and lost neymar !
Argentina and netherlands took a very long time to play & they had rested more than brazil did . For me this was done on PURPOSE to remove brazil from the cup ! #DISSAPOINTED 

NOW: The game between ARGENTINA VS NETHERLANDS Had my heart beating faster than ever ! Wooooo ARGENTINA WON , Great cather , great team , wonderful performance ! :)

VOTE : Who will win the world cup? ARGENTINAAAAAA :) 100%

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcIpYAts3lR7OqFpgwbYIY7cT2UAfsVDu4CGkiRc5kYN61lxj-

#39 2014-07-12 01:02:51

ilovejohanny
Members

ARGENTINA has to win.

#40 2014-07-14 08:43:22

ilovejasmine
Members
Website

CONGRATS TO ALL THE GERMANS :) Played good, both teams did GREAT ! & Well argentina missed allot but i still won with them :)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcIpYAts3lR7OqFpgwbYIY7cT2UAfsVDu4CGkiRc5kYN61lxj-

Board footer