You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-08-03 22:32:47

darkjewels
Members

Item Hunting numbers & tips (for impatient people)

Maybe it's a bit too late to post this, but it'll come handy on future hunts(hopefully). At least for impatient/organized/curious people. This shows the easiest/fastest way to complete a quest, feel free to ignore it if you enjoy the challenge.

IF YOU ARE TOO LAZY TO READ: It'll take you, in total, between 10 and 20 minutes or between 250 and 400 clicks to complete an item hunt. And the fastest way to do so is by following the sequence bellow(0~8).

Items appear on the site every 4~7 pages clicked, meaning that, if you are very lucky, you'll find all the 50 items with 250clicks(200+50) and if you are very unlucky, it'll take you 400clicks(350+50). It took me about 14minutes(I started hunting for the Marocco window-thing at 15:07 o'clock and finished at 15:21 o'clock on my main account). How long the hunting will take you will depend mostly on how fast or slow your internet is, as well as how responsive the server is.

If you always make the same path of pages, it'll feel like it's taking shorter than if you click on random pages. You can choose whatever NON-board pages you like and whatever sequence you like, as long as you always follow the same sequence. Here's the path I did(because those pages load very fast):

0) Zoom out untill you can see the full page without scrooling (press Ctrl+-)
1) Click on OMD logo(or News)
2) Level
3) Flirts
4) Stores(here's where the simbols may start to show up)*
5) Click on EITHER Magic Cupboards OR on Magic Chests*
6) Shows*
7) Mailbox(if you didn't find any symbols in the previous 3 pages, it WILL be here)
8) Once you find a symbol, start over the click sequence*
9) Once the word EXCHANGE appears in purple (can easily be seen even zoomed out), press Ctrl+0 to set the zoom back to normal.

*if you found the symbol on Stores, Magic Cs or on Shows, DON'T proceed to the next area! Instead, go back to the News page by clicking the OMD logo.

This way, you can always tell how many pages you clicked since the lastest symbol, and always know where they may appear. So you just quickly browse News+Level+Flirt+Store and start to search for the symbol on the left-hand side of the screen.

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#2 2014-08-04 17:19:37

30stmxfan
Members

Re: Item Hunting numbers & tips (for impatient people)

I used to do that for hunts, now I just click the search for dolls button. Every three pages I get an item.

discord: corgibutt#2664

#3 2014-08-05 17:32:53

darkjewels
Members

hm... that sounds like a faster way than mine. if the doll's page is fast to load.
the major problem with my method is that whenever i try to access any lofts while the zoom is at 30%, it freezes the site(firefox) and i can't load any more pages from OMD...

---

#4 2014-08-05 17:57:30

30stmxfan
Members

I don't actually load up a dolls loft though. I just press the search button until an item appears. I don't enter any name in the search bar, I just leave it blank.  Since I find loading up the store page takes longer than the search page

discord: corgibutt#2664

#5 2014-08-06 04:07:17

darkjewels
Members

hm... i see. now that you mention it, the only (possible) advantage of my method is that i don't wonder how many more clicks before the next item if i lose the count... thanks fot the information. i'll try this on the next hunt as well.
good

---

Board footer