You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-09-05 14:51:03

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Fav Beauty Products?

I've been looking for new foundation..
Problem: Fair complexion, everything always seems to be a shade to dark, so im having to blend like crazy

Currently using  Makeup Forever HD, which I like, but could really use a lighter shade & they don't make it..

So I tried their Matt Velvet, which does come in a lighter shade.. but makes your skin feel like its been plastered..

MAC makes a white foundation, you can mix in to lighten foundation, has anyone ever tried that?

Also, favorite waterproof mascara?

#2 2014-09-05 16:53:49

rheasilvia

Re: Fav Beauty Products?

Oh, I know your pain so well!
Here in Poland most of the time the palest shades are too dark or have pink/yellow undertones that don't match my skin. Pretty much the only foundation that I can buy nearby and that looks good on me is Bourjois' Healthy Mix Foundation, but it isn't perfect (not much coverage and sometimes causes breakouts).

Anyway, recently I've been mostly using asian cosmetics that I buy either on ebay or in online stores. Korean or Japanese cosmetic brands create pretty much only light foundations. Apart from regular foundations they also have lots of BB creams and CC creams. I've only tried their BB creams (it's like an all-in-one product that is a mix of foundation, facial cream, primer and sunblock) but I checked out quite a lot of different brands and right now I'm swapping between three BB creams:
- INNISFREE Eco Natural Green Tea BB Cream (when my skin is super dry),
- HOLIKA HOLIKA Peach Girl BB Cream (when my skin is well moisturised),
- MISSHA Signature Real Complete BB Cream (my everyday choice).

Well, it all depends what your skin is like and what you're looking for in the foundation but the shades are all really light :)

You can also try using mineral foundations as they usually come in many shades as well. They tend to be on the dry side though.

And I have no opinion on waterproof mascaras as I use only "normal" ones.

Last edited by rheasilvia (2014-09-05 16:55:07)

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

#3 2014-09-05 17:26:12

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Ugh its a pain right! I actually like my skin color but finding makeup is a chore.  I'm actually part native american, part irish.. go figure I would end up with pale skin! :P

I will have to look into bb creams then!  I got a sample bottle of cc cream from clinique & completely forgot about it!!  I bought some of their waterproof mascara as well so we'll see how that goes.

Last time I was in England I got drenched.. and lines of mascara running down my face!! lol.. yeah that was embarrassing... :P

#4 2014-09-07 04:44:43

laurabow
Members

Makeup is not a big thing with me, so I'm not sure if what I have is a foundation or something else, but here's what I use:

Clinique Superbalanced Makeup, #33 Cream

Oil-free and easy to put on, I use it to cover up any redness.  Sold at the makeup counters in Macy's and Herberger's (may be in other stores, too).  Several years ago, someone at Macy's sat with me and helped me find the shade that best matched my skin.  I don't go out in the sun a lot, so I'm definitely lighter-skinned all year long.

Board footer