You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-12-09 18:31:53

faechild86
Members

Champion Talent bug

While I know it's temporary, and will eventually go away, it IS still in the Talent drop down box, and chosen on all my accounts that have it. However, NONE of them are receiving the extra dollar, OR gift certificate. I use Google Chrome, but this seems more like a programming glitch than my browser.

http://i.imgur.com/eRugvHD.png

#2 2014-12-09 18:49:11

sierradane
Members

Re: Champion Talent bug

I just "worked" Tallydane and noticed that she didn't receive the extra DB or the gift certificate.  She didn't have any gift certificates before, and it says she has 11 certificates (with 2 "goodness" points). 

Oh dear... I hope that this game doesn't start to have loads of bugs.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#3 2014-12-10 00:43:46

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

Hmmm.... well isn't this lovely a site full of bugs. Where is the exterminator when you need one.

I will send in a bug report.

#4 2014-12-10 01:01:22

sierradane
Members

I was reading the bugs forum at the French site, and one of the threads about this issue was closed.  It seems that we had 15 days of the extra DB and gift certificates.  Someone there had commented that the Champion Talent ended because of a new quest.  Of course.... all of that might not be true.  One can hope. 

You're doing a great job Fairykisses, almost a "one woman show" at times.

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#5 2014-12-10 03:21:17

darkjewels
Members

yesterday, the quest begun and i am 99% sure i DID recieve the talent's bonus.
today, just like you both, i didn't.
i wonder what's going on in this site...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#6 2014-12-10 15:10:57

sierradane
Members

Whether it was intentional (to not last at least 30 days) or a bug, from what I can tell... it lasted about 14 or maybe 15 days.

Here's the thread at the French forum about this:http://www.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=95885

Sarah wrote:

!dropoff Window A temporary talent champion (+1 $$$ 1 voucher) which will be available until the end of the quest.

Last edited by sierradane (2014-12-10 15:12:33)

#7 2014-12-10 15:18:02

rukia131
Members

Well I finished the quest on the last day ( on 30th ) And I didn't receive the talent reward yesterday which means I only got it for 8 days so it isn't a 15-days long thing.

It is 100% a bug since we didn't get the same amount of gifts in the end... if it is not a bug then it is just extremely unfair.

#8 2014-12-10 19:12:02

faechild86
Members

I would like to point out that the Champion Talent IS still listed. With the same bug. Even if they do choose to not have each account run 15 days, for those of us who also have the $1 talent (be it Diva or the other one that gives an extra $1 per day) I do hope they'll give the extra $2 and counting per account that the glitch has taken.

#9 2014-12-10 20:07:11

fairykisses

Okay this is the message that I got from our GM: "For the talent, I have been told that it already lasted 1 week longer than supposed, so there's no bug here‏"

I don't think you will be reimbursed for the 2$ that were missing. But you can send in a ticket if you would like.

I will also let them know it is still listed under the drop down menu and needs to be removed.

#10 2014-12-10 20:37:51

rukia131
Members

... How could it have lasted one more week than it should have if I only had it for 8 days?

#11 2014-12-10 21:46:30

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

I emphatically agree with this...

rukia131 wrote:
Well I finished the quest on the last day ( on 30th ) And I didn't receive the talent reward yesterday which means I only got it for 8 days so it isn't a 15-days long thing.

It is 100% a bug since we didn't get the same amount of gifts in the end... if it is not a bug then it is just extremely unfair.

I almost never do quests on the first day for three reasons:
1) To give Team Feerik time to work out the inevitable bugs,
2) I want to look carefully at the quest cost, gifts, and "buy" items before deciding how much (if any) of the quest I want to do, and
3) My real life schedule severely limits my online time, so I do what I can when I can... which is usually not Day 1.

Another reason players might do a quest later is that they don't have enough money until the very last day.

Whatever the reason, the "bonus" should be the SAME for EVERYONE who completed the quest... whether on Day 1 or Day 8 (VIP players).  It is egregiously unfair that players who finished early got another 7-8 days of salary and gift certificates... especially when there were NO such conditions or restrictions posted within the News.

Our News post for the MMO Quest simply says:

fairykisses wrote:
A temporary theme champion (+1 $$$ 1 voucher) are added to these great rewards;)

IF there was additional information included (or added) on the French forum...

sierradane wrote:
Here's the thread at the French forum about this:http://www.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=95885

Sarah wrote:
!dropoff Window A temporary talent champion (+1 $$$ 1 voucher) which will be available until the end of the quest.

...it was never provided here, even though one person specifically asked for clarification of the vague "temporary" wording.

I do hope the admin will look at the provided links and posts, as well as the issue of fairness, when considering whether or not to remedy this problem for those who were negatively impacted.

I have two accounts, n0regrets and lady-karma, who completed this quest on the last day... and consequently did not receive the full 15 days of "bonus".

#12 2014-12-11 01:42:20

angelfire
Members
Website

My main didn't receive a full 15 either (she got 14 :P)
My other account got 11. But I d remember last year when the talent "expired" it disappeared from the drop down menu.

The option is still there but there isn't anything being given

*EDIT*
Just saw Fairy's post. If they are going ot put it as "temporary" then I should think they provide people with a date for when it ends...

Last edited by angelfire (2014-12-11 01:43:50)

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#13 2014-12-11 03:00:02

fairykisses

I agree with you all that it is not fair. It should be the same for everyone. With that being said I will forward this to the GM. When I posted my last post that was the information that I was given.

As for the translation errors I do try my best when posting it. As many of you know I don't speak or understand French, and most of it doesn't make sense to me. I apologize.  intr

#14 2014-12-11 05:56:00

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

fairykisses wrote:
As for the translation errors I do try my best when posting it. As many of you know I don't speak or understand French, and most of it doesn't make sense to me. I apologize. intr

Oh, no no no... as I see it, you have nothing to apologize for!  The News could have just as easily been posted by Team Feerik... in which case sarah's name would be the one quoted, not yours.

This seems much more a programming error than a translation error.  In the past, a quest bonus has been for a set number of days, which means everyone received the same benefit... rather than expiring on a certain date, which resulted in different people getting different rewards, depending on when they finished :/

This problem was compounded because that information was never provided... but that was not necessarily a translation issue, either.

1) Internet translation is notoriously unpredictable... and occasionally downright comical!
2) The translation you provided might be an accurate reflection of the News as it was originally posted... I have noticed that posts edited by moderators and admin do not notate the modification (although they used to).

I have to second the kudos given above (post #4):

sierradane wrote:
You're doing a great job Fairykisses, almost a "one woman show" at times.

Fluent in French or not... we appreciate all that you do to keep us up-to-date on OMD events!  A round of applause for you:
aomd_bravo

#15 2014-12-11 17:31:07

faechild86
Members

Day three of still in drop down, but not giving. At this point, I'm making a list of my dollz that had the talent, but didn't receive anything for the amount of time the bug has been active. I'm not asking for the gift certificates, but I AM asking for the extra $1 per day since ALL of my dolls have a permanent talent that gives that. Making a note of the $$ they have today to see if it gets added the next day or to when Fairykisses forwards this. If it doesn't, I will be making a ticket for all the accounts and submitting it. I would suggest others do the same.

#16 2014-12-16 20:33:28

haelina
Members

I don't know girls it keeps giving me both money and certificates even now? I don't know what they are thinking but if it's temporary i demand to know how many days! It just causes a ton of confusion right now cos I know my roomie doesn't get hers but I do and it's unpleasant!

#17 2014-12-16 20:33:57

purpleiris
Members

I also experience the same bug. The "Champion" talent does not give me extra dollar, and no  gift certificates, I had them before.

#18 2014-12-20 06:16:18

b3autifullm3
Members

I am also experiencing the same bug. The "Champion" talent does not give me extra dollar, and no  gift certificates, I had them for a little while and then they just stopped but I still see it in the drop down.

Naturally Me

#19 2014-12-20 20:10:22

aluralegend
Members

This talent was only supposed to last till the end of the quest. So if you did it on the first day, you would get 7 days of it or 8 for vip. BUT they said they extended it by a week so 14 or 15 days.. One of my dolls did it on first day got 14, others on second to last got 9. So we actually got more because they were kind enough to give us another week. So the only problem I see here is that the drop down is still up. So basically, not a pressing issue at all!

#20 2014-12-20 21:57:47

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

aluralegend wrote:
One of my dolls did it on first day got 14, others on second to last got 9. So we actually got more because they were kind enough to give us another week. So the only problem I see here is that the drop down is still up. So basically, not a pressing issue at all!

Actually, the problems are multiple... starting with (click on PINK text to see the corresponding post):

1) There was no end date provided, just a vague mention of "a temporary theme champion"... despite the fact that at least one player specifically asked for clarification.
2) And the biggest issue, in my opinion... everyone who completed the quest and received the bonus should have received the same bonus.  They did not! Many players only got 7 days bonus salary/gift certificates, while others got 15 days... and some, like you and others here have stated, got varied amounts somewhere in between. Additionally, any VIPs who did the quest on Day 8, actually got one day less than even the smallest bonus!
3) One player has reported that she is still receiving the bonus, but her roommate is not... which means there is something "buggy" going on, at least for some players.
4) When the Champion talent unexpectedly expired, players who had additional $1 bonus talents available to choose from now began "losing" money... because the Champion talent is still the "default" talent, but was not giving the bonus $1 they would otherwise have earned.
5) As already pointed out, the Champion talent is still displayed... thus still contributing to the above situations.
6) There has been no reply from the adminregarding this issue... although fairykisses did report it to the GM.

The reason people are still replying to this thread is because it is still a problem nrv

#21 2014-12-21 02:33:22

aluralegend
Members

I am sorry if I offended you, n0regrets! pleur
I didn't mean that this isn't important or that it shouldn't be fixed! I just meant that we probably should be a little more patient. Though it has already been awhile, I know, but there has been a lot of issues with bugs lately.

I saw this as end of the talent. But I do think since this was on the french forum it needed to be cleared up for us too. Not really fair that we do not get the same information.

Sarah wrote:

I also do not like having the talent end on a certain date as this is not fair for anyone who doesn't do the quest till the last day. I never said any of this was fair because it is definitely not. All things should have a set amount of time so it is even for everyone. But it's not really for us to decide... intr

And I also do hope that anyone who had another $7 talent gets reimbursed for it as the talent not disappearing from the drop down is not the fault of the players and we shouldn't have to suffer for it.

Sorry if I offended anyone. All I meant when I said this was not a "pressing issue" was that Feerik apparently has a lot on their plates right now and I have seen other bug reports that involve others spending quite a bit of real money and not getting anything in return. Plus, poor fairy is doing her best!!

I am sure Feerik is trying their best to try to fix everything for us.
good

#22 2014-12-21 07:09:36

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

aluralegend wrote:
I didn't mean that this isn't important or that it shouldn't be fixed! I just meant that we probably should be a little more patient. Though it has already been awhile, I know, but there has been a lot of issues with bugs lately.

Oh, dear... dry those crying eyes (or at least your emoticon's crying eyes pleur)!
Here, let's turn that frown upside-down... ouf

I will rarely post information or opinions on the Board without providing back-up facts and links... this does not mean I am offended, merely organized. Or maybe thorough... take your pick :P

I do feel that this is an issue, pressing or not... and the included quotes and links are simply meant to explain why.  Additionally, they provide a concise documentable (and, hopefully, irrefutable) summary of the issue... either for the admin to reference, or for players who might not be familiar with the entirety of the situation (and don't have the time or interest to research it).

There have been a LOT of bugs lately... and I don't think anyone expects overnight solutions, especially given the holidays.  However, when a bug persists for almost two weeks with no resolution or reply from the admin, I don't think it is unreasonable for players to wonder what is going on... and when, or if, it will be fixed.  A simple update letting players know that this issue has not been forgotten, and will be fixed, will inspire both confidence and patience!

I agree... fairykisses does a wonderful job of trying to make sure bugs are reported in a timely fashion, and providing updates as available.

#23 2014-12-21 14:26:58

fairykisses

I have reminded the GM about this issue, but sadly I don't think anything will be fixed with this.  For I keep getting told " as for the talent, this is not a bug. It was meant to last one week and since it lasted a week longer, everyone eventually got what they should have‏

I know it's not fair that some got more and i forwarded it, but they wont "fix" anything now for this talent anymore‏"

I have asked the GM to speak on this issues so that way you all can ask questions for yourself or at lease get the answers you are looking for.

#24 2014-12-21 23:44:57

laurabow
Members

At this point, if the time to earn the extra money and gift certificate is over, I get that, but at least remove it from my Talents page, then.
aomd_noel

#25 2015-01-16 18:02:13

faechild86
Members

I would like to point out that as of today, the Champion talent is still available in our dropdown menu for talents to choose from, making this a still-active bug. Because the way I see it, if we can still choose it, we should be able to still use it, even though the time is expired.

Board footer