You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-01-26 10:00:45

sarah
Administrator

The new Miss OhMyDollz!

The three winners of this week's OhMyDollz contest are:

Miss OhMyDollz: moriyo who wins 60 $$$, the wonderful crown and sash!

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/cachedefile/us/136649.png

In second position we have: jadefarnill who wins 30 $$$

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/cachedefile/us/12574.png

And in third position: medly who wins 15 $$$

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/cachedefile/us/317630.png

Bravo girllz!!

You can admire them in the Top Ranking

See you in two weeks'time to elect the new Miss OhMyDollz!

#2 2015-01-26 16:42:38

30stmxfan
Members

Re: The new Miss OhMyDollz!

Is this the most recent contest? Wasn't there supposed to be two characters....?

discord: corgibutt#2664

#3 2015-01-26 18:36:43

moonglow
Members

Actually it said King OR Queen or of course both, but not more than that, and it was also stated by a mod that 2 queens were okay.  I'm really disappointed a "King" didn't place in top 3.  It was also suppose to be fantasy, futuristic, not ordinary royalty, and they must wear some sort of crown.

#4 2015-01-26 19:04:33

medly
Members

I tried to make a toy Queen, I had fun with this fashion show, thank you to have voted for me :) Congratulation to the others, but why am I 3rd?? I thought I had the same vote numbers than the 2nd XD

Last edited by medly (2015-01-26 19:07:20)

#5 2015-01-27 00:09:41

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Mine was in fourth place yesterday, then today she's suddenly in 13th place. Aww~ But, congratulations to the winners.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#6 2015-01-27 03:22:11

sierradane
Members

Amazing

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#7 2015-01-27 03:24:37

andybel
Members

Honestly, I think it was a little bit unfair to set one of the players in 3rd position when they were having the same number of votes. Which was the criterion they based on to place one in the 3rd position and the other in the 2nd position? And, in my opinion the1st and the 3rd were really original "extravagant" queens. The 2nd one was a little bit of the common type.

~**...Keep your eyes on the stars, they will show you something everytime...**~

#8 2015-01-27 04:05:42

30stmxfan
Members

The second one was meant to be a female Loki cosplay as a queen

discord: corgibutt#2664

#9 2015-01-27 11:21:44

boudidou
Members

Congrats to the winner.

If you are interested this week's theme is about futuristic couples (same sex mariage authorized)

Both members of the couple have to wear a heart somehow.
Futuristic clothes are compulsory.

You can't do a Doctor Who cosplay with his 21st century clothes but you can represent him with a futuristic outfit

Forbidden items as usual.

#10 2015-01-27 17:45:22

jadefarnill
Members

Thank you to those who voted for me! I only really entered this fashion show because I had an outfit at hand that I thought fit the theme. With it being a female Loki Cosplay I didn't think I would get very far because not everyone would understand the reference, but thank you!
I am actually really curious as to how the 2nd and 3rd got determined? I'm grateful that I was lucky enough to be placed 2nd but I do think Medly's outfit was much more original than mine, it would be very interesting to find out. Congratulations to the winner also, well deserved!

#11 2015-01-27 19:33:30

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

andybel wrote:
Which was the criterion they based on to place one in the 3rd position and the other in the 2nd position?

jadefarnill wrote:
I'm grateful that I was lucky enough to be placed 2nd but I do think Medly's outfit was much more original than mine, it would be very interesting to find out.

In the event of a tie, I think (emphasis on think) that the final placement is "random".

The results of the Fashion Shows are "auto-generated" and posted within seconds of the end of each show... on all servers at the same time.  Due to the many time zones involved with the international sites, it is possible this occurs during times when no one at Feerik would actually be "working" and could apply a "personal" determination to the entries themselves.  Also, since the results are posted simultaneously (or thereabouts; I've never actually compared time stamps :P) across the various servers... it seems logical that this a programmed function of the game, with no direct human involvement.

Additionally, when the Fashion Show "rankings" were displayed in "real time" (during the actual shows themselves)... I observed many occasions where "tied" players reversed/flip-flopped/switched/exchanged (however you want to say it :P) positions between one screen refresh and the next.  Each time a new page loaded, the rankings for tied players changed (or not) randomly... and it is almost certain that no one is monitoring the shows in "real time" and revising their "entry evaluation" from one minute to the next.  These real time rankings were removed in an effort to reduce cheating... one of the many positive changes Team Feerik has implemented to try and make the Fashion Show better!  It's still not perfect, but I do believe that it IS better ^.^

Unfortunately, this "random" ranking will negatively affect the player who "randomly" receives the lower placement... which is a relatively minor issue with second and third places.  However, I can think of at least two shows where there was a tie with first and second place... and one show where ALL THREE PLACES were tied (I think it was the Ice Queen show; but the Feerik Blog showing "final vote totals" has recently been updated, and I cannot see the third place winner's votes o.O At the very least, first & second were tied in this show).

I know these will be unpopular observations.  If, indeed, the final rankings are random... that confirmation must come from Team Feerik, as always!

new Note: Text in pink is not a "color choice"... it indicates a "direct link" which will take you to the appropriate thread for additional information.  Although I thought this was a well-known fact... it appears that most of the links I embed go "unclicked", and I have had at least one player sarcastically refer to my "highlighting" a quote in "pink".  Currently, changing text color is against the Board rules... although it was not always so!  So... pink = link *click*

Edit: Oooh... typos!!! Changed "where" to "were" and added apostrophe to "winner's" *ugh*

Last edited by n0regrets (2015-01-29 18:04:58)

Board footer