You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-08-07 16:54:35

angelfire
Members
Website

[No bug] Flash Sale message

I want to take part in the flash sale but I also want a fair chance at the room.

For me, on all my dolls this is what I see:
http://i.imgur.com/QYKSD9N.png?1

I just want to make sure that if it's just the message at the top that's different. WIll I still have the 1 in 8 chance at the room?

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#2 2015-08-07 17:21:34

sarah
Administrator

Re: [No bug] Flash Sale message

The text was not updated yet. Everything should be fine now good
Thank you.

#3 2015-08-07 17:39:28

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

Sorry for any redundancy, but since this post (BUGS) got a reply and my post (NEWS) did not... I am going to ask my question here, as well.  It seems to me that the missing pop-up message might be considered a bug... and, like angelfire, my concern is also getting a fair chance at the room.  If this event is (was) bugged, then I did not =(

n0regrets wrote:

sarah wrote:

But that's not all! With this sale, you also have 1 chance of 8 to win the floating palace!

Happy Anniversary, OMD... what a great way to celebrate!
quoi Just wondering if anyone has gotten the room yet?  In the past, when they have run similar promotions, there is a pop-up box which appears after your purchase stating whether or not you won the room... there is no pop-up this time.  I checked my room tabs to see if the Floating Palace appeared unannounced anywhere... but none of my dollz who bought the set had it.

I don't want to buy any more of the Flash Sales if this event is bugged... as I definitely factor the chance of winning the room into the value of the offer.

Good Luck to all who take a chance... it is a beautiful collection ^.^

#4 2015-08-08 01:58:50

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

n0regrets wrote:

Sorry for any redundancy, but since this post (BUGS) got a reply and my post (NEWS) did not... I am going to ask my question here, as well.  It seems to me that the missing pop-up message might be considered a bug... and, like angelfire, my concern is also getting a fair chance at the room.  If this event is (was) bugged, then I did not =(

n0regrets wrote:

sarah wrote:

But that's not all! With this sale, you also have 1 chance of 8 to win the floating palace!

Happy Anniversary, OMD... what a great way to celebrate!
quoi Just wondering if anyone has gotten the room yet?  In the past, when they have run similar promotions, there is a pop-up box which appears after your purchase stating whether or not you won the room... there is no pop-up this time.  I checked my room tabs to see if the Floating Palace appeared unannounced anywhere... but none of my dollz who bought the set had it.

I don't want to buy any more of the Flash Sales if this event is bugged... as I definitely factor the chance of winning the room into the value of the offer.

Good Luck to all who take a chance... it is a beautiful collection ^.^

Now there is currently a pop-up that says "Item bought
Oh... you didn't win the Floating Palace." So I would say that this issue has been fixed.

#5 2015-08-08 11:38:35

angelfire
Members
Website

Thank you for the quick replies :3

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#6 2015-08-08 22:24:06

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

fairykisses wrote:

Now there is currently a pop-up that says "Item bought
Oh... you didn't win the Floating Palace." So I would say that this issue has been fixed.

I was out-of-town, so this is the first chance I have gotten to follow-up on this issue.  Since it definitely appears that both the better odds text and pop-up room message (indicating that you actually did receive a chance at the room) were added after my purchases and posts... I will definitely be submitting a ticket for this.

While the Flash set itself was nice... I honestly have no need of a Bengal tiger or Indian elephant on a Medieval Princess account.  My interest in this offer was primarily the room itself, with the other items being a nice (but not necessary) bonus... but I was willing to take a chance on the chance.  I have had good luck with these promos in the past... but it looks like my bad luck that that I got no chance =(

Below, you can see screen shots of the second doll I bought this set on... since I didn't discover the potential problem until I made a purchase with my first doll!  You can see both the "chance of 1:13 to win the Fairy Palace room!" message on the "BUY" screen... as well as the "Item bought" confirmation following the transaction... no pop-up about winning/not winning the Floating Palace.  I also made a purchase on an international doll, to see if this bug was isolated to the US server... with the same results.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/23kadz9.jpg

Board footer