You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-04-13 16:30:35

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

Delete messages

Is it allowed for someone to ask to delete your post on their topic? Here is an example of what I mean;

A: ~~~~Message about the topic~~~~
B: Can you delete that post?

It's not in the rules (unless I missed it), and it might be added, depending on the result of diva's opinions on this. So, what do YOU think?

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/624/624213oc2yp402oj.gif

#2 2011-04-13 17:25:03

asami
Members
Website

Re: Delete messages

itīs not against the rules, but i donīt know what that should be good for quoi

Friendship is...
if s/he congratulates you as good swimmer,
after you capsized at sailing =3
My actual contest searching for participants

#3 2011-04-13 17:50:37

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

Me too. Why would you want someone to delete your post? What's wrong with it? Even though it seems pointless - in my opinion, anyway - some people still do it; therefore there must be a reason for it. Maybe, if someone who has asked someone to delete their post in the past will awnswer on this topic why they do it.

#4 2011-04-14 12:28:53

Ancien joueur xcherri101
Guests

E.g:

On my post you were talking about nicknames and things..
So I asked for you to keep the discussion on-topic if you were to post, so please could you delete your post as it isn't topic related; Wanting to join my club or questions about it. Once her question has been answered, you can delete your posts as it has no used to the club and can start to become spam. ^-^

#5 2011-04-14 14:07:48

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

But then it would look like another player has double posted because I have deleted my post... quoi

#6 2011-04-14 14:29:14

Ancien joueur xcherri101
Guests

But they're post isn't topic relevant either, so they'd have to delete their post too, and edit a topic relevant one perhaps ^w^

#7 2011-04-14 14:37:31

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

I would go with not doing it. It's not necessary. If a topic needs to be closed or deleted then a mod will deal with it. If you think a thread needs deleting, either PM a mod or report it and we'll take a look.

It could also be considered abuse if you keep doing it to one person for no reason.

#8 2011-04-14 15:00:17

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

Thanks anyamalfoy, I understand much better now!

#9 2011-04-14 15:10:39

Ancien joueur xcherri101
Guests

anyamalfoy wrote:

It could also be considered abuse if you keep doing it to one person for no reason.

But what would happen if you wanted to keep your topic clean and free of off topic idle chat? That wouldn't count as no reason, would it?

#10 2011-04-14 17:38:07

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

xcherri101 wrote:

anyamalfoy wrote:

But what would happen if you wanted to keep your topic clean and free of off topic idle chat? That wouldn't count as no reason, would it?

Ah, yes. I didn't think about that... o3o

#11 2011-04-14 20:41:07

asami
Members
Website

xcherri101 wrote:

tell them to stop, not more you can do. you canīt tell other members to delete their post. but if they donīt stop with off-topic-posts, you can report them to mods.

Friendship is...
if s/he congratulates you as good swimmer,
after you capsized at sailing =3
My actual contest searching for participants

#12 2011-04-14 21:40:46

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

asami wrote:

xcherri101 wrote:

tell them to stop, not more you can do. you canīt tell other members to delete their post. but if they donīt stop with off-topic-posts, you can report them to mods.

Good idea asami, thank you! gai

Last edited by angel923 (2011-04-14 21:41:38)

#13 2015-09-10 12:10:48

jordyn
Members

hello ,i am a new person could someone tell me how to get to my room on here psl Jordyn :aomd_paqjjavascript:insert_text(' ', '');avascript:insert_text(':aomd_paqjavascript:insert_text('good ', '');ues: ', '');ues:

#14 2015-09-10 16:10:49

sierradane
Members

Ancien joueur xcherri101 wrote:

But they're post isn't topic relevant either, so they'd have to delete their post too, and edit a topic relevant one perhaps ^w^

I'm just curious about a couple things:

Are you talking about the message board? or public messages on a dollz' page?

And... how come you are posting as a "guest" instead of an actual "dollz" name?

If you are talking about a dollz comment page when a person might PM you to ask, "Can you please delete my comment" perhaps the reason for that would be that they had accidentally posted something they hadn't planned on posting.  When Daily Voting and leaving comments, a lot will have their message "copied" and will "paste" the same message to everyone.  (i.e. Wed night votes from me to you).   Occasionally, people will have the wrong message "copied" and that's what will be left on a doll's page.  (e.g. when I had "copied" a cute romantic saying to "paste" on my RL husband's Facebook page, then accidentally "pasted" the same thing on a doll's page)

But probably, since you are posting as a "guest" you might be referring to the forums...

Just my thoughts on two scenarios....

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#15 2015-09-10 19:57:30

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

jordyn wrote:

hello ,i am a new person could someone tell me how to get to my room on here psl Jordyn

Just click on OH MY DOLLZ link at the top of
this page.

Also please make sure to read all the rules before posting on the boards. The rules can be found here-->http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewforum.php?id=28

@ Sierradane the reason why they are coming in as a guest is because those accounts were probably deleted. And those messages were back in 2011.

Board footer