You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2015-09-12 04:12:45

frenchmeese
Members

My accounts no longer exist?

Maybe this isn't a bug question, so redirect me if it's in the wrong category...

I logged in to my account frenchmeese today for the first time in ages (ages is probably like a year? could be three years, could be 5 months, I don't remember). That was fine. I also had other accounts (I'm not sure what current rules are for that, but at the time it was acceptable). Those accounts no longer exist. I tried logging in but it kept telling me the username/password was wrong. After a bunch of tries, I logged back into frenchmeese and looked up the other accounts and none of them exist anymore! What happened? I didn't delete them, that's for sure. And why was frenchmeese (which I coincidentally tried to log into first) the one "spared"?

Thank you so much for anyone who has some sort of insight! <3

#2 2015-09-12 04:37:10

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

Re: My accounts no longer exist?

Feerik has gotten rid of all old accounts that have not signed in within a year or have not bought any feez.

#3 2015-09-12 15:20:26

sierradane
Members

re-read your post....noticed you said your main (that I've put at the bottom of this reply) is still there.  Try logging your other dolls into another browser

frenchmeese wrote:

Maybe this isn't a bug question, so redirect me if it's in the wrong category...

I logged in to my account frenchmeese today for the first time in ages (ages is probably like a year? could be three years, could be 5 months, I don't remember). That was fine. I also had other accounts (I'm not sure what current rules are for that, but at the time it was acceptable). Those accounts no longer exist. I tried logging in but it kept telling me the username/password was wrong. After a bunch of tries, I logged back into frenchmeese and looked up the other accounts and none of them exist anymore! What happened? I didn't delete them, that's for sure. And why was frenchmeese (which I coincidentally tried to log into first) the one "spared"?

Thank you so much for anyone who has some sort of insight! <3

Your doll is still there:
http://us.ohmydollz.com/?p=fiche&pseudo=frenchmeese

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/70205.png

Try logging into your doll from another browser than the one you logged into.  I've been having password problems when trying to log my dolls in using Chrome.  And I get the same message of "username/password" wrong

I can log mine in successfully using either Mozilla or Edge (which is what Microsoft Internet Explorer is now called if you've downloaded Windows 10)

Last edited by sierradane (2015-09-12 15:25:59)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#4 2015-09-17 23:54:20

blacksatomi
Members

I'm having the same issue, except it is my main account blacksatomi that won't log in. was happening yesterday too, so I've missed out on 2 days now. I logged in fine two days ago. It's happened before earlier in the month with a few of my other accounts. But all my other accounts log in fine right now except for my main one.

A little frustrating when I'm trying to save up DB for the next quest and have missed two days worth of working, which adds up.sad

I can log on fine on here though???

Last edited by blacksatomi (2015-09-17 23:55:00)

#5 2015-09-18 00:02:55

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

blacksatomi wrote:

I'm having the same issue, except it is my main account blacksatomi that won't log in. was happening yesterday too, so I've missed out on 2 days now. I logged in fine two days ago. It's happened before earlier in the month with a few of my other accounts. But all my other accounts log in fine right now except for my main one.

A little frustrating when I'm trying to save up DB for the next quest and have missed two days worth of working, which adds up.sad

Have you tired using a different browser?

#6 2015-09-18 00:18:48

blacksatomi
Members

Yes I have, still doesn't work.

#7 2015-09-18 01:36:27

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

frenchmeese wrote:
I logged back into frenchmeese and looked up the other accounts and none of them exist anymore! What happened? I didn't delete them, that's for sure. And why was frenchmeese (which I coincidentally tried to log into first) the one "spared"?

As she previously stated, and clearly used to log in with, frenchmeese does still exist... the problem is not a browser issue.  I remember your accounts, and the cute story about how the international meeses (plural of moose :P) came to be!  The "missing" dollz she is referring to are the other meeses (greekmeese, italianmeese, russianmeese, etc)... and they are, indeed, gone.

I believe the answer probably lies in the recent "clean-up" of inactive accounts that occurred on the US server.  Accounts which had not been logged into for over one year, and who had never purchases Feez, were deleted.  My guess is that frenchmeese had, at some point, bought Feez... or, being your main account, was logged into within that one year inactivity period.

I can appreciate how upsetting it must be to lose dollz that you invested so much time and effort in =(

blacksatomi wrote:

A little frustrating when I'm trying to save up DB for the next quest and have missed two days worth of working, which adds up. sad

fairykisses wrote:
Have you tired using a different browser?

blacksatomi wrote:
Yes I have, still doesn't work.

I'm going to go out on a limb here with a possible answer... though I don't think it will be the correct answer.  A couple of months ago, I had a panic attack when trying to log into some, but not all, of my accounts... with a little research, I discovered that Feerik had "upgraded" the password parameters virtually overnight!  Accounts that I had previously been able to log into without regard to "actual" case/space sensitivity now had to be entered exactly as they were originally set up!

The reason I don't think this will rectify your problem is that you can log into the Board (which always required case sensitivity) and your passwords were working after the new increased encryption was implemented.

Nevertheless, it is info that I discovered and found helpful in resolving my own password situation... so I am happy to share it in the hopes, however unlikely, that it may help you with yours ^.^

Good Luck!

**pink links are to the original French Forum posts... I did not provide full translations here, but the info is available there**

#8 2015-10-25 04:33:22

frenchmeese
Members

n0regrets wrote:

frenchmeese wrote:
I logged back into frenchmeese and looked up the other accounts and none of them exist anymore! What happened? I didn't delete them, that's for sure. And why was frenchmeese (which I coincidentally tried to log into first) the one "spared"?

As she previously stated, and clearly used to log in with, frenchmeese does still exist... the problem is not a browser issue.  I remember your accounts, and the cute story about how the international meeses (plural of moose :P) came to be!  The "missing" dollz she is referring to are the other meeses (greekmeese, italianmeese, russianmeese, etc)... and they are, indeed, gone.

I believe the answer probably lies in the recent "clean-up" of inactive accounts that occurred on the US server.  Accounts which had not been logged into for over one year, and who had never purchases Feez, were deleted.  My guess is that frenchmeese had, at some point, bought Feez... or, being your main account, was logged into within that one year inactivity period.

I can appreciate how upsetting it must be to lose dollz that you invested so much time and effort in =(

oh my gosh dude that's so cool that you remember my accounts haha :D

okay thanks everyone. it IS sad that the accounts are lost :(
but oh well i guess it sort of makes sense.
sort of... XD

#9 2015-10-29 05:08:55

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

frenchmeese wrote:
oh my gosh dude that's so cool that you remember my accounts haha :D

star Since I am logged in for another topic, I couldn't resist saying:

oh my gosh dude... I'm so glad that I made you smile :D  Obviously, your little story made me smile once upon a time... which is why I remember it!  I hope you have many happy memories of the time you and your meese friends shared here... which doesn't bring those lost dollz back, but may bring (another) smile to your face :)

Board footer