You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2016-08-09 18:07:18

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

The Big Board Contest - August 2016 - School Chic

All of the Big Board contests end on August 31, 2016

School Chic

While we might be heading back to school, nothing stop us from being chic! What are you going to wear on your first day back to school? Dress your doll and share your style!

Rules
- This is similar to the OMD Fashion Contest
- One Entry per participant
- You may use an alt but you have to post the screenshot here using your main account.
- Please post your screenshot here once done and let us know where to find it in your accounts/rooms. If you can't, let us know and we'll help you with that :)
- Please make sure to follow the rules when it comes to themes and ideas displayed.

Prizes
Winner -- 1 item from OMD Basics Store $15 or less.
2nd place -- 1 item from  OMD Basics Store $10 or less.
3rd place -- 1 item from OMD Basics Store $5 or less.

#2 2016-08-18 01:27:06

janghyunae
Members
Website

Re: The Big Board Contest - August 2016 - School Chic

Outfit is ready on my main!

Account: janghyunae
Room: Living Room (Villa)

Q: Are we allowed to give a small explanation about the outfit (and the room?)

Edited because of Darkie's reply below.

So small explanation: my school outfit does depict "my" reality and not your "expected" outfit for school. Firstly, you can see it's a very simple outfit. In my school, particularly my course, we work in laboratories, we work with chemicals, and all that stuff so basic safety norms are advised. Starting from the top: simple updo to keep your hair out of your face while you're working but still looking put together (none of that CSI with long hair down your face), simple make up and a pair of glasses because we work many hours with small details and our eyes tend to be extremely tired - these glasses weren't solely a fashion statement, they were thought of. Simple shirt that is flowy to allow movement and button up for a quick disposal in case of it coming in contact with chemicals or burning or others: remember this will be under a lab coat but it should also be comfy. Added a little petter pan collar for some dazzle. Jacket is more formal because, on the spot, we may be surprised with guests such as museum presidents or even higher and formal meetings so it's always good to have a nice jacket, and it makes the outfit look so much more polished right away! Plus, working all those hours, we enter the lab during the morning with a nice sunshine and leave at the end of the night when it's chilly. Simply pants, usually the stretchy type and comfy but strong shoes: boots like the ones used are advised because they offer more security in case of any chemical being dropped, any falling object, etc etc. Big simply bag to carry all our necessities from your everyday needs (keys, wallet, etc), you lady things (make up, also notice ours is really simply cuz aint nobody got time for that!), and about 70% of it's capacity being filled with documents and articles you need to read for your interventions. A cup of coffee or other drinks because we run on those and spending many hours with direct artificial light does make you sweat a bit. Lastly, a board on the other hand to take notes while you're doing your intervention (because we do reports afterwards and they must be like 100% perfect) and a scalpel because that's our main working tool! I'm just missing a lab coat but I could only find nurse coats and we don't wear those because we don't like the drawings xD

Last edited by janghyunae (2016-08-18 15:36:55)

https://66.media.tumblr.com/a5f13aaef200ed7ad4c61b87beb00d85/tumblr_oe4nqs8n0D1r4l9i8o1_1280.jpg

#3 2016-08-18 14:59:40

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Sure thing! Go ahead. :)

#4 2016-08-28 03:57:02

angelfire
Members
Website

Ready!!

Doll: Angelfire
Room: Terrace

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#5 2016-08-28 21:19:27

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Took the screenshots, girls :D
Janghyunae:
http://i64.tinypic.com/ivwndw.png

Angelfire:
http://i64.tinypic.com/161ayox.png

#6 2016-08-29 00:55:31

icefoxes
Members

Here's mine. ouo Doll is in my loft.

I always have my hair down with a bow in it, and I love to wear dresses but I don't like showing too much skin so I usually have a sweater too. And then there's flats because I love how dainty they feel. I still have to get a new backpack for this year (the old one is falling apart) but I want to get a messenger bag. The glasses are simple and black, like mine. And then there's the telltale sign of an artist; the ridiculous amount of things they carry with them. Among those things is a camera because I want to take a photography course for college credit in October.

http://i.imgur.com/5POiSBb.png

Last edited by icefoxes (2016-08-29 00:55:48)

Board footer