You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2016-10-23 23:29:41

fessle
Members

Floor Issue...

Hello Everyone...

I'll explain what just happened. I am super bummed out because it took me a whole week to save up the money to buy this & I REALLY don't know what just happened!

So...I just bought "The Bathroom". My doll is in currently residing in that room and I saved my progress IN THAT ROOM. I wanted to buy a floor for my bathroom (that's what I had been saving up for). Today I finally had enough money, so I bought the floor, was so excited to have it, refreshed my bathroom and ??? IT WASN'T THERE!!!

I decided to be a sleuth & look in my regular loft room to see if it had maybe gone there. Lo and behold...there it was! But I DID NOT purchase this floor while I was in my loft room. I was 100% definitely in my bathroom. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen to me? Also, there's no way I can switch that floor to the bathroom where I wanted it to be, is there?

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Regards ~ fessle (erin)

P.S. - Sorry this is so darn long...

#2 2016-10-23 23:41:02

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Re: Floor Issue...

Oh god this sure is a bummer. I've never run into this issue myself before, but if anyone else did, please reply here.

What I would suggest is maybe we can start a new bug thread? Maybe we could wait for a couple hours to see if anyone has any solutions and if no one does, we open the bug and the mod team will report it?

#3 2016-10-23 23:44:58

30stmxfan
Members

I believe you have to buy flooring intended for the bathroom and not loft.
For example, when looking at flooring from aquaville is states:

Caution! The tiles and tapestry from this store are only compatible with the bathrooms.

And the store basics states (on the floor/wall tab):

Caution! The tiles and tapestry from this store are not compatible with the following rooms:
Quest rooms, Garden, Bathroom, Kitchen, Street, Beach, Terrace, Boat, Poolhouse.

That's why it's best to try on the items before just in case. Now if that item was intended for the bathroom and it glitched, that's a bug. You could then submit a ticket for that (:

discord: corgibutt#2664

#4 2016-10-23 23:50:02

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Any idea where you bought it from, fessle? Maybe you could let us know the page and the item?

#5 2016-10-24 01:16:15

fessle
Members

Hi!

Yes, definitely!

I bought the floor from the "Stylist Center", "Floors", Page 2, Second Row, Pink Wood Tiling.

I did "Preview" it first, and it came up just perfect! I actually tried quite a few different colors before deciding on that one and they all showed up perfectly in the "Preview".

Thanks so much to all of you who are helping me! You have no idea how much I appreciate it!

~ fessle (erin)

#6 2016-10-24 01:23:40

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Sooo I have some bad news :(

At the top of the store (right below the page number, next and previous numbers), I found this written:

Caution! The tiles and tapestry from this store are not compatible with the following rooms:
Quest rooms, Garden, Bathroom, Kitchen, Street, Beach, Terrace, Boat, Poolhouse.

So this means it won't work in the bathroom. I did try and it shows up in the preview but won't actually apply :(

I wonder why we can still preview it as this is kinda confusing.

So sorry, fessle :(

#7 2016-10-24 01:59:47

fessle
Members

Alas...you are right.

I should have read the fine print.

I just liked the way they looked together so much!  Oh, well.  At least it is a lesson learned!

Thanks again so much for your help!

~ fessle (erin)

#8 2016-10-24 02:18:48

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Well, if it helps any, you can find the one below in the OMD Basics Store (first page of flooring). It's not quite the same buuut :)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/113864.png

I remember there was pink wooden floor somewhere else. Will try to find it :)

#9 2016-10-24 06:49:51

laurabow
Members

darkelfqueen wrote:

I remember there was pink wooden floor somewhere else. Will try to find it :)

I found a pink floor in Aquavilla (Bathrooms only!) >pg. 3 > row 3 > right-hand side.
http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/thumb/17900.png

It also reminds me: "Room not compatible."  (I'm in a quest room.)  They really need to implement that feature for more rooms, as it would've helped fessle quite a lot!

Board footer