You are not logged in.

Announcement

• Index
  •  » Fashion Show
  •  » Special Color show : Fluorescent and neon color on OhMyDollz!

#1 2012-07-16 12:28:36

sarah
Administrator

Special Color show : Fluorescent and neon color on OhMyDollz!

Hi Dollz!

Fluorescent and neon colors are super trendy this sumer! That's why, this week's theme is Fluorescent and Neon!

Everybody can participate, you just have to create an original and trendy outfit with fluorescent and neon colors!applau

Try to be original and you might be elected Miss, this week.

http://blog.feerik.com//images/visueldefile.jpg

This week to make up her outfit, you must have:

- An item from the Summer Store
http://us.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/us/estival-2.png

- An item from the Dollz Story Store http://www.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/fr/dollzstory-2.png

Remember:

- To validate your registration, you must be wearing at least 8 Items.

To see the list of forbidden items go on the board!

Enjoy the show on OhMyDollz!

#2 2012-07-16 13:41:53

Ancien joueur girlydu68gaga
Guests

Re: Special Color show : Fluorescent and neon color on OhMyDollz!

Je vais peut être participer sur la version anglaise car sur la version française, je suis ruiné.

I will be participating on the English version because the French version, I am ruined.

#3 2012-07-16 14:55:23

sierradane
Members

I seriously doubt if it will work, so why bother trying.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#4 2012-07-17 11:58:58

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

What part of Fluorescent or Neon do people not understand. I see so many black and white outfits. nrv

#5 2012-07-17 17:19:20

sierradane
Members

fairykisses wrote:

What part of Fluorescent or Neon do people not understand. I see so many black and white outfits. nrv

I haven 't checked the Fashion Show because I figured it was bugged again.  But I'd have to agree with you with the black & white outfits.  Anyone without a neon and fluorescent outfit should be kicked out of the Fashion Show.  I think not following the theme ought to be more of a reason to be kicked out than having some item on a forbidden list and/or a hidden item.

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#6 2012-07-17 20:31:03

sayhen
Members

I really like the theme, gonna do my best :)

I do agree that players not following the theme shouldn't be allowed in the fashion show. Must say that last week there where a lot dolls not dressed as a princess either (although you can interpretation the theme pretty broad).

#7 2012-07-17 22:00:00

historygeek
Members

fairykisses wrote:

I think that's the reason why I don't even bother to do the fashion show. On another dress up site (that isn't around anymore), I also stopped entering the challenges (fashion shows) because so many people didn't participate properly.

And this is a really cool idea for a fashion show...

#8 2012-07-18 00:49:17

dyingneko
Members

fairykisses wrote:

even if they would understand they wouldn't try to stick to the rules..just as always D:
themes are cool but only as long as ppl actually try to fit into theme without ignoring it..

https://i.imgur.com/iBiTuAe.jpg

#9 2012-07-18 18:24:23

sierradane
Members

I still say: Kick them out of the Fashion Show if they are NOT following the theme or rules.  The more I read about the Fashion Show & dolls not following the theme or dolls wearing "forbidden" items, the more it makes it like a spur under my saddle.  It really irks me.  And yes, I was kicked out of the Fashion Show once which was my own fault.  But the reason was I had accidentally left a needed item hidden because I threw my outfit together too quickly.  And although it was MY own fault, the only way it was "noticed" was to actually view my doll's outfit, taking the things off.  The part of it that iritates me is that there are so many dolls who blatantly use forbidden items that are shown, I turn them in and they continue to stay in the Fashion Show.

And now this:  not following the Theme of the Fashion Show.

Until any doll is kicked out for not following the Theme, especially with one so obvious (NEON.... FUORESCENT!!!) people are going to continue to do as they please without any repurcusions.

Of the top 15 dolls (which all have zero votes it says) there are 8 dolls who are not following the theme of the show & one that has a forbidden item that is hidden (the little black flower)

Last edited by sierradane (2012-07-18 18:43:21)

#10 2012-07-18 21:31:14

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

sierradane wrote:

I still say: Kick them out of the Fashion Show if they are NOT following the theme or rules.  The more I read about the Fashion Show & dolls not following the theme or dolls wearing "forbidden" items, the more it makes it like a spur under my saddle.  It really irks me.  And yes, I was kicked out of the Fashion Show once which was my own fault.  But the reason was I had accidentally left a needed item hidden because I threw my outfit together too quickly.  And although it was MY own fault, the only way it was "noticed" was to actually view my doll's outfit, taking the things off.  The part of it that iritates me is that there are so many dolls who blatantly use forbidden items that are shown, I turn them in and they continue to stay in the Fashion Show.

And now this:  not following the Theme of the Fashion Show.

Until any doll is kicked out for not following the Theme, especially with one so obvious (NEON.... FUORESCENT!!!) people are going to continue to do as they please without any repurcusions.

Of the top 15 dolls (which all have zero votes it says) there are 8 dolls who are not following the theme of the show & one that has a forbidden item that is hidden (the little black flower)

I don't think what some of you realize is, its a very tedious process to do disqualifications.  Its also very easy to miss forbidden items (even when they are in plain sight) when you look at doll after doll after doll..  I know i've said this once as well, but i'll say it again anyway: Once someone has been disqualified they can still rejoin the fashion show (over and over again, i've seen it happen)  So just because you turn someone in, and then still see them in the fashion show later.. doesn't necessarily mean that a mod didn't disqualify them before when you asked..  :)

Anyway, back to this particular show..  there seems to be a bunch of cute outfits so far, lets hope it actually works this week!!

#11 2012-07-19 05:08:35

aprettylittleliar
Members

Why are we all freaking out!?!

I dont participate in the fashion becasue I think that they are stupid and lame. Not only are the bugs super annoying but I hate the list of forbidden item, we pay good money to buy those things and then were not alowed to wear them, what the heck! Plus the themes are starting to get lame (some of them are cool like this this one). I wish they would have shows where we would wear what ever we want. NO themes! I think that the shows would be more fun.

Think about this.... why do you think most of the dolls dont follow the theme... they probably cant afford to buy the clothes needed. Im sorry but not all of us can buy feez or have time to earn free ones (like myself and some of the others)  So PLEASE STOP complaning about dolls being off theme and worry about your self, I mean the chances of them winning are pretty slime anyways.

“Never trust a pretty girl with an ugly secret.”

#12 2012-07-19 16:59:31

evadiva
Members

I actually DO know what doing the disqualifications is like... I don't expect the whole show to be cleaned up but at least the top 15 or even top 10. I've frequently seen people off theme in the rankings the whole week, the same people, who weren't disqualified or who certainly weren't disqualified later in the show when they had plenty of votes. At this stage the forbidden items are a minor issue, although I have to say it is annoying, when you always follow the theme, to be eliminated for a forbidden object. I would consider voting the forbidden objects list out so the mods can just concentrate on the off theme dollz in the rankings ^^
Honestly the forbidden objects list doesn't really have much sense if it hardly ever changes, unless things from the the most recent mission or things that are used way too much go on it.

@aprettylittleliar: I don't buy feez, I've never bought them & I don't earn free ones, you don't need feez to buy clothes. Quite a few of the people who don't follow the theme have plenty of stuff, they just couldn't be bothered. And actually they do end up in the top 3 every so often because they often vote themselves up there, so the chances are not as slim as you may think, otherwise people wouldn't be complaining :)
There used to be no theme or let's say there was no reason to follow the theme because rules weren't imposed, the result was lots of dollz with the same outfits week in, week out, it was totally boring.

#13 2012-07-19 18:15:52

sierradane
Members

I agree with you evadiva, I think the "forbidden" items should be eliminated.  I wasn't for it then and I'm not now.

#14 2012-07-19 23:57:40

aprettylittleliar
Members

Evadive- People should still not be complaining about dolls who are not on theme. I mean hello people you are the ones voting for them! The only reason dolls off theme ever end up in the top 3 is because you guys vote for them! So if you dont like the dolls who are off theme winning, then you guys need to wise up and stop voting for them and letting them win the fashion shows.

#15 2012-07-20 05:01:01

mischiefmker
Members
Website

aprettylittleliar wrote:

People should still not be complaining about dolls who are not on theme. I mean hello people you are the ones voting for them! The only reason dolls off theme ever end up in the top 3 is because you guys vote for them! So if you dont like the dolls who are off theme winning, then you guys need to wise up and stop voting for them and letting them win the fashion shows.

You obviously didn't read what Evadiva actually said..."because they often vote themselves up there"... I pay attention to the theme and only vote for the dolls that are on theme... I have 2 alt accounts, but I won't vote on either of them because I don't want to accidently go against any TOS.  This is the same reason why both of my alt accounts state that they are "created by Mischiefmker" but say nowhere to go and vote for my main doll instead of them. 

This is the first fashion show I have entered, and I worked hard on a very colorful unique outfit, so to see 3 dolls still in the top 15 that are pretty much only black and white (ok the top on one of them is dark green, but that's still not theme), another that only has a bright blue wig on for color, and 4 who are dressed in pastel colors (one of whom when I went to their loft only had 7 obects on their doll instead of the required 8, 2 of which were hidden)... Then there's a big problem there.  I mean that's 8 out of 15, more than half.  I'm sure that the other Dollz on here who even try just a bit on the fashion show are just as disgusted about this as I am...

Last edited by mischiefmker (2012-07-20 05:02:16)

#16 2012-07-20 11:27:41

evadiva
Members

aprettylittleliar wrote:

Evadive- People should still not be complaining about dolls who are not on theme. I mean hello people you are the ones voting for them! The only reason dolls off theme ever end up in the top 3 is because you guys vote for them! So if you dont like the dolls who are off theme winning, then you guys need to wise up and stop voting for them and letting them win the fashion shows.

Well that would make no sense what so ever. In fact I'm sorry but none of your post has any serious or should I say logic reasoning to it. You're saying that myself, Sierradane & the other people who don't like the off-theme dolls vote for them??! What a ridiculous thing to say.
As mischiefmaker pointed out, I said that the off-theme dolls vote for themselves along with their friends & really I would have thought that's stating the obvious, I mean come on, everybody knows that. Get real, why on earth would we vote for dollz we don't like?
That's like me saying I don't like pink & you tell me to 'wise up' & stop wearing pink... if I don't like pink I obviously don't wear it.  mdr
In this week's FS there are about 10 dollz I vote for & I either wait for the switch to refresh or I log out & back in again to refresh, like any other normal person.
I'm sorry for those of you who don't like the fact of there being a theme, but that's what the omd FS is, it's a themed fashion show, just like in the other versions & it would be nice to see more people following the rules without having to browbeat them.

#17 2012-07-20 19:04:08

aprettylittleliar
Members

Evadiva: Im not saying you personaly voted for the off theme dolls or that everyone does but other people do! Thats why they are winning. The dolls that usally win, receive around 100 votes, so that means there are people voting for them! DUH! Plus if people who are off theme are winning the fashion shows, the mods should be watching more carefully and be disqualifying them instead of letting them win. So please stop complainging about them winning (and no I dont just mean you either, everyone)!!

#18 2012-07-20 21:59:43

sierradane
Members

I know that to keep track of all the dolls in the Fashion show is a lot of work, as far as making sure they are "going by theme" or not wearing "forbidden items."  And I know that if that individual is disqualified, they can re-enter wearing the same exact items. 

But...

Why even have a "Forbidden item" list?  Why have a theme?  Why have the ability to disqualify someone if it's not put into effect? 

And...

Lets look at the Fashion Show system this way:
The rules of the FS say that whoever comes in First Place cannot come in First Place again.  What's to keep them from doing just that?  Is there something in the system that will detect that a person has won before if they are close to winning first place the second time? 

I think that having a Themed Fashion Show is a good idea... most of the time... I mean, there are some corny themes some weeks but even those can be fun. 

It is very frustrating to see over half of the top 15 not following the theme & IF whoever comes in first, second or third actually didn't follow the theme AND they had a forbidden item and/or hidden (whether a required item or not) then something needs to be looked into as far as how the Fashion Show is run.

#19 2012-07-20 22:24:18

aprettylittleliar
Members

I agree with you sierrradane. Im just saying the mods should better judge the fshion show, whoever comes in first should be checked for forbiden items, hidden items, and the mods should make sure they are on theme (to the best of thier ability). The fashion show needs to be judged better, dolls who are not following the rules should not be allowed to win, no matter how many votes they got!

#20 2012-07-21 05:31:48

historygeek
Members

If the mods have too much work patrolling the boards and people's pages for inappropriate material, then why doesn't Feerik just have special mods who patrol the fashion and loft shows?
These special mods could have rights only to disqualitfy individuals from the fashion/loft shows.  They wouldn't need to be able to speak multiple langauges and it wouldn't matter what time they are online.

#21 2012-07-21 09:12:27

mischiefmker
Members
Website

I would completely agree with having specific mods for the fashion show etc., but I do have a few questions about being able to report and the forbidden items list that I would really like to be either answered or looked at...

The first being that I thought you used to be able to see the dolls name under them when you were looking at the 3 selections.  I mean for any dolls not in the top 15 the only way that you can get their name to report them is by voting for them, and I'm not willing to do that even if they are in violation for either theme or items.

The second is that I was looking at the list of forbidden items which states at the top that only the items shown there are forbidden not other colors that aren't shown, but there's another sticky post by another mod that says that all colors of anything on the forbidden items post are disallowed.  I'm just trying to figure out which to go by since I have seen several dolls using the blue version of the black "dot" from the amethyst store (which I would personally call a flower).  Disambiquity like this is where problems can arise.

#22 2012-07-21 12:23:36

evadiva
Members

I think the idea of FS mods is great! And it wouldn't be necessary to send a personal message to each doll with the reason for their disqualification if you make a post on the board with the list of dolls disqualified & the reason. Yes, I know some will find that embarrassing - I've ended up on it for a forbidden item in another version & one can just be mature about it & get over it. I do believe it encourages people to be less inclined to disobey the rules.
IF they abolish the list of forbidden objects (it just isn't working out) then the reason for disqualification will only be OT (off-theme) & that would make things quicker :)

This is a forum where we are allowed to express our opinion whether it be displeasure or not. The people who vote OT dolls are not the ones here complaining, "you" who are complaining implies those of us who are writing in this discussion. But well, that's just a case of watching your wording ;)
This is the 4th time it's been said in this discussion but I see I have to say it again, there has always been a problem with people clubbing together with their friends to vote their dolls - it's very easy that way to get to a 100 votes, they just sit there & create accounts to vote... Feerik are forever trying to come up with an idea to combat this problem which is well known to them too.

I think if more people took a stand then these people breaking the rules would possibly feel singled out? So I say stand up for our rights to a cleaner FS! We need more people to stand up to them as there is an attitude among quite a few which tends to support the OTs & staying quiet is certainly not going to resolve it!

Well, on that note I'm heading off on holidays, see you next week! gai

Last edited by evadiva (2012-07-21 12:29:13)

#23 2012-07-21 14:51:57

sierradane
Members

The option of not having the name of the doll showing in the Fashion show is something that I both like and dislike.  The part I DO like is that when a person is voting in the Fashion Show, you are more focused on the actual look of the outfit on the doll than the doll's name.  I agree that when we see a doll with a forbidden item, NOT having the name does hinder one in reporting that doll since you'd have to vote for them to find out who it is.  So that's the part of it that I wouldn't like.

In a recent Fashion Show where the theme was Summer, I actually changed my hairstyle via the make-up section for my "look."  I personally do not like having different hairstyles which is why my doll will always have the same style.  My hair is that long in RL & I'd never cut it.  But because I never change it, when I DO enter the Fashion Show, I am recognized by my hairstyle.  Maybe I'm just guessing here, but I feel the reason I don't get a lot of votes is that people don't want to vote for me for the same reasons why sometimes I get hate messages.  Anyway.... something has to be done about the Fashion Show.

edit 7/25/12:

If I am not mistaken, the latest three winners are from this THEMED fashion show.  And if that is that case, then personally I don't think any should have won because really... they weren't on theme.  I"ll probably have a few messages if anyone reads this "telling me off" but I still think that if a doll is not following the theme, they should be kicked out.  And I still think the "forbidden items" should be forgotten about it since that is never followed either.

Last edited by sierradane (2012-07-25 11:26:32)

• Index
  •  » Fashion Show
  •  » Special Color show : Fluorescent and neon color on OhMyDollz!

Board footer