Announcement

Si vous ne voyez pas le nouveau design, pensez à vider vos caches ou faire F5 sur votre clavier.

Pour vous connecter au forum, utilisez votre pseudo et votre mot de passe du site. Inutile de vous réinscrire.
Veuillez prendre connaissance des règles du forum avant toute chose : Fonctionnement et règlement du forum

#1 08-04-2014 16:11:10

sarah
Administrator

[Fashion Show] New Theme: Finally Spring!

Hi Girls!

For the next fashion show we want you to wear an outfit that celebrates one of our dearest seasons: Spring!

I often wear black and I'm not sure if I even possess a skirt. My friend is a fashion blogger and she set me up for a challenge: I have to wear skirts and the most joyful spring outfits i can think of and at the end of the week, she picks one of my outfits and puts it on her blog.

Do the same and we'll see which outfit is the one that makes us think about Spring the most!

The theme for the next Fashion Show is: Finally Spring!

From Tuesday at 10:00 AM (CET) you can register for the show.

There's time until Monday April 14th at 10:00 AM to make up your outfit, make the most of it!

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/Dollz/Defile_de_mode/theme_defilemode.png

You can get more information on the board by clicking on "Details about the Show" on the upper right side of the Fashion Show contest registration page.

You can also ask questions on the topic about the show.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

To register this week, you have to:

- Use AT LEAST 2 elements from the Summer store http://www.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/us/estival-2.png
- create a realistic outfit
- use sandals or sunglasses or a hat

You mustn't use :

- Characters beside your doll
- Slacks
- Monochrome, black, gray or dark colors
- Fantasy elements (wings, elf-ears, etc)
- Animals
- Ready-made Outfits (including those from the Chests and the Cupboards)
- Decoration or clothes that hide parts of your doll to change the posture
- Gifts you received from your friends

Design the best outfit on #OhMyDollz!

I remind you that if you can not follow the requirements of the subject, it is better to wait for the next contest instead to be banned for non-compliance with the theme.

Make sure your outfit is consistent and complies with the theme before you register.

Also check that there are no objects attached to your doll that you do not want to show. If the object is not attached to your doll, it will not be visible during the show!

The Fashion Show contest rules are available on the contest enrollment page, on the top right corner.

#2 08-04-2014 23:50:30

icefoxes
Members

Re: [Fashion Show] New Theme: Finally Spring!

Does monochrome include white?

#3 09-04-2014 00:29:33

angelfire
Members
Website

Monochrome means using only one color and it's shades. I think you should be able to use white so long as it's not only white.
A mod would have to check up on that though.

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#4 09-04-2014 05:35:23

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

I suspect the biggest infraction is going to be this...

Sarah wrote:
You mustn't use :
Ready-made Outfits (including those from the Chests and the Cupboards)

... players using dresses like the ones below, without altering the "ready-made" item by adding layers, decorations, or accessories to it.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/37128.png http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/62553.png

And, of course, you can always count on an odd fairy or two :P

Good luck to all that enter!  This is a lovely theme... lots of room for individual expression ^.^

#5 09-04-2014 17:04:12

30stmxfan
Members

Oh so dresses are considered ready made outfits?

discord: corgibutt#2664

#6 10-04-2014 00:16:20

avivah
Members

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a skirt and a dress are 2 different things.  Skirt from the waist down is acceptable.  But a whole dress that looks like a top and bottom shouldn't count should it?  It would be so much easier if it did. 

And I agree I bet we see magical things with swirls and fairy-like etc, when it says realistic, and I bet a pet when it says no animals, and a boyfriend doll.  And they will because these things don't get disqualified because we do see them. 

I'm glad its for fun first, but it should also be fair. 

I always enjoy people's creativity.

Friends are like sisters you choose for yourself.  Bonnie Jensen.

#7 10-04-2014 02:59:12

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

30stmxfan wrote:
Oh so dresses are considered ready made outfits?

Everything I have read on the French Forum suggests that a "complete" (ready-made? possible translation issue) outfit (one that you didn't "create" yourself by combining, say, a skirt, blouse, scarf, and belt that will be different than another ensemble using the same wardrobe elements that someone else put together) must be "customized" or "altered" or "embellished" in some way.  Otherwise, everyone who uses that green flowered dress, unaltered, will look the same... something the themes, pre-requisites, and forbidden items were introduced to avoid.  That's only my understanding... and based only on the French Fashion Show topics... which are, of course, subject to translation.

If there is no clarification forthcoming on Forum topics (be it Fashion Show or something else), I always refer to the French site and adhere to their decisions... better safe than sorry, in my opinion *shrug* Any clarification regarding what is, or is not, "ready-made" on this site must come from our mods... and would be welcome!   

avivah:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a skirt and a dress are 2 different things.  Skirt from the waist down is acceptable.  But a whole dress that looks like a top and bottom shouldn't count should it?

The word "skirt" could be meant literally, but it could just as easily include dresses... which consist of a bodice and skirt.  The forbidden items does state "slacks", but does not specify "dresses"... leaving me to believe that a "complete" dress that is somehow altered is fine.  There is a topic on the French Forum where Fashion Show outfits are posted for both player comment, as well as moderator approval.  Again, when in doubt, I will check those posts (which I will do shortly) to see if particular items comply with the theme.  I suspect I will see both dresses and skirts among the approved entries.

It has been said before, the French Forum and French mods often do things differently on their site.  I am not a mod... I always request moderator clarification on any questionable topics... and I use the French site only as a reference tool (which may not always apply here).  In the event of a question, it is always best to rely on information provided by a moderator... not a player, no matter how well-intentioned.

#8 10-04-2014 04:32:44

rarity
the undying
Website

You're exactly right, I will be judging the entries by what you have said.

Think to yourself, would you wear this to go to the park or meet with friends?

Here are two examples of what I will disqualify
http://oi62.tinypic.com/b8jrd3.jpg

Also, I'd like to apologise for being rather slack in monitoring the shows. I'm cracking down on myself, and hopefully it'll encourage more people to check the rules before they enter.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zegnro.jpg
          * The wind is howling...

TUMBLR: reynir|            INSTA fierce.scarlet

#9 15-04-2014 17:41:39

silverstarshine
Members

Wow, I see several leggings/slacks, so we know people don't read the rules, so they won't read this either.  They're still not getting disqualified, and others are still voting for them.  End the madness.  This is supposed to be fun!!

Well it is still fun, just roll-your-eyes frustrating.  Most look really great!

Unshared joy is an unlighted candle. -Spanish Proverb

#10 15-04-2014 17:59:06

gingerjane
Members

Yep just spotted a full out fairy with wings,  fantasy swirls, and costumes instead of reality.  Very pretty, but soooo wrong. 

Rarity, I like what you said about going to park or meeting friends as a way to dress.  That is a great way to think about it.  Thanks for your hard work as a moderator

#11 20-04-2014 01:33:19

Ancien joueur cutetiffany
Guests

:aomd_bravo:

Board footer