Announcement

Si vous ne voyez pas le nouveau design, pensez à vider vos caches ou faire F5 sur votre clavier.

Pour vous connecter au forum, utilisez votre pseudo et votre mot de passe du site. Inutile de vous réinscrire.
Veuillez prendre connaissance des règles du forum avant toute chose : Fonctionnement et règlement du forum

#1 25-08-2014 10:01:08

sarah
Administrator

The new Miss OhMyDollz! "Eat Me"

The three winners of this week's OhMyDollz contest are:

Miss OhMyDollz: bizzy-bee who wins 100 instead of 60 $$$, the wonderful crown and sash!

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/cachedefile/us/72831.png

In second position we have: lady-karma who wins 60 instead of 30 $$$

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/cachedefile/us/76970.png

And in third position: diamondgirlly who wins 30 instead of 15 $$$

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/cachedefile/us/276695.png

Bravo girllz!!

You can admire them in the Top Ranking

See you in two weeks'time to elect the new Miss OhMyDollz!

#2 25-08-2014 18:46:40

gingerjane
Members

Re: The new Miss OhMyDollz! "Eat Me"

I know I voted for Lady Karma (and there was one named Tidbit or something) that are great cupcake created dresses. Congrats to her!

I don't see any kind of food on the 1st place, Nope nothing to eat here. Am I missing something on a theme named EAT ME. ?

#3 25-08-2014 20:37:51

30stmxfan
Members

gingerjane wrote:

I don't see any kind of food on the 1st place, Nope nothing to eat here. Am I missing something on a theme named EAT ME. ?

I think she was going for a cake? :quoi:

Hard to tell but if you check her page, it says she took inspiration from Sarah's cake. So I'm guessing that's it.

discord: corgibutt#2664

#4 25-08-2014 20:40:31

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

The rules said: "Represent an original outfit inspired by pastries!" I don't think you needed to put food on it, it just needed to look like a sweet treat. 1st place's entry reminds me of a pretty pink and while chocolate cake. 2nd place looks like a cupcake with a frosting rose as decoration.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#5 25-08-2014 22:06:01

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

As bizzy-bee is my doll, I am happy to address your concerns... and thank both 30stmxfan and lady0filia for their efforts also!

gingerjane wrote:

The "title" of this Fashion Show is, indeed, EAT ME... but the actual "theme" is to represent a "pastry", something that was overlooked by many.  The French shows are heavily attended, leading to many pages of questions... often duplicates.  As a result, the first entry after the theme announcement is a list of "frequently asked questions"... with any clarifications or expansions necessary to avoid confusion, as well as unintentional non-compliance issues/disqualifications.  My personal recommendation to anyone entering the Fashion Shows is to consider reviewing this very helpful information!

A link to the EAT ME FAQs was included in the original theme announcement.  For the sake of brevity, I am going to include only the English translation here... the original French can be viewed by clicking here.

aka-shaa wrote:
Details of the parade and answers to your questions

Do I have to create an outfit "pastry" (or more) to full size?

► No, you are not required to create an outfit "pastry" (or more) like a giant cupcake or a huge meringue.
You can simply create an outfit you "inspiring" this theme, staying sober and chic, while subtly evoking a pastry in some details.

Can we make an outfit lollipop or candy, or use items?

► sweets are not "banned", you can use them in detail on your outfit but beware, an outfit made ​​entirely of candy will be considered HS: The theme is not "Candy" but "pastry".

I don't often enter the Fashion Show but, when I do, I make every effort to make sure my outfit is in compliance with all requirements... whether posted here, or there.  Better safe than sorry!

In actuality, the "base" of my outfit consists of two chocolate dresses... making at least the shoulder details "chocolate".  It also includes a candy lollipop as an accessory.  For those who are interested in seeing the actual cake I modeled my entry after (I am not going to take up additional space here)... please visit bizzy-bee's page ^.^
http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/23783.pnghttp://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/51416.pnghttp://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/37109.png

30stmxfan wrote:
I think she was going for a cake? quoi

Hard to tell but if you check her page, it says she took inspiration from Sarah's cake. So I'm guessing that's it.

As stated, my inspiration was a cake... and I posted a picture on bizzy-bee's page to clearly illustrate what my outfit represented. If you look at the French site, several of the Top 10 finalists which were hand-picked by Sarah and Team Feerik, also do not use actual "food" in their entries.

lady0filia wrote:
The rules said: "Represent an original outfit inspired by pastries!" I don't think you needed to put food on it, it just needed to look like a sweet treat. 1st place's entry reminds me of a pretty pink and while chocolate cake. 2nd place looks like a cupcake with a frosting rose as decoration.

As stated, the rules do not require the use of actual "food" in creating your outfit... and, in fact, lady-karma's outfit uses no "food" but clearly represents a cupcake.

:mdr: I do hope that answers your question... and would like to extend my thanks to those who participated, whether entering or voting. I was quite surprised, and pleased, by the unexpected birthday "bonus" awarded for this special show! Thank you, again :star:

For myself, I am looking forward to seeing the entry selected as "Sarah's Choice" as quoted from the original theme post:

cocobelle wrote:

Special Fashion Show = Special Finale

-Exceptionally the gains of this weeks fashion show will be increased.
-Sarah will choose her favourite outfit and this player will get the same reward as the first place!

The French selection has already been named... and I'm sure ours will follow soon enough!  Good luck to all... it may be you ^.^

#6 26-08-2014 01:27:11

mimi078
Members

Didn't wanna be up here, but... *steps onto soap box*

No doubt the fashion show has problems, and finger pointing doesn't fix anything, but......

If you're going to finger point, let's finger point (and vote) fairly. :aomd_bisous:

If we're talking about non-compliance (first place is clearly original and on-theme), then you forgot to mention third place!  Third place was a "ready-made" dress, with absolutely no alteration or customization (and something that I myself would classify more as ice cream or candy than pastry).  While the sentence defining "ready-made" apparently got cut off in our Eat Me post, it is present on the French forum, and is normally included in our posts as well:

Les interdits pour ce thème sont :
les tenues toutes faites, incluant celle des armoires (voir plus bas *)
* ATTENTION : seront considérés comme tenues toute faites les tenues présentant une robe non-accessoirisée.

Forbidden in this theme are:
ready-made outfits, including the cabinets (see below *)
* ATTENTION: will be considered held throughout the outfits made ​​with a non-accessorized dress.

I can only see one visible Basics prerequisite (the pink necklace), leaving the other Basics item and Inspiration item who knows where, but not clearly visible.  This could just be a matter of items disappearing from the Miss OhMyDollz news pictures, but as a player I can only speculate where those items are.  And speculation is just that, speculation.  Not fact.

Regardless, the validity of an entry is for the moderators to decide, not the players.  If absolutely necessary, complaints might be better addressed to a moderator or the player in question, rather than posting potentially incorrect information on a public forum.  It just creates controversy and adds negative energy to the OMD community.

Congratulations to all of the winners.

*steps off soap box*

"I don't know what your generation's fascination is with
documenting your every thought... but I can assure you,
             they're not all diamonds." - Easy A

#7 26-08-2014 03:21:37

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Can we please try not to point fingers or nitpick here.  I think this is one of those times where different people have interpreted the theme in their own way. 

I really wish the pictures would start showing up better!  I don't know if there's some glitch in the system or whoever saves the pictures just does a really bad job!! :P  A good portion of lady-karma's outfit is missing, which is a shame because it was really cute!!

I will say this, I don't pay any attention to what gets said on the French version.  I cannot speak for the other mods, but I only work with the information that has been given to us and that is the extent of it.  I do not think our players here on the U.S site should have to go to the French forums to see whats allowed or not.  If were not sure, then lets discuss it here! :)  They have a different team of moderators, who also might have their own way of interpreting the fashion shows, I do not know, I have no idea if things are explained more to them.  I feel this is a different online community here from the French version and treat it as such.  :)

#8 28-08-2014 03:49:08

andybel
Members

In my opinion, it's not a matter of whether she interpreted the theme in her own way. Many people from the Spanish site have been banned because of their ready made outfits. And there is one rule stating that you shouldn't wear costumes given as gifts in quests and special occassions such as Easter or Independence day. Personally speaking, I think that the doll in third position has made some important mistakes in relation to the rules.

~**...Keep your eyes on the stars, they will show you something everytime...**~

#9 30-08-2014 06:01:59

laurabow
Members

cocobelle wrote:

I really wish the pictures would start showing up better!  I don't know if there's some glitch in the system or whoever saves the pictures just does a really bad job!! :P  A good portion of lady-karma's outfit is missing, which is a shame because it was really cute!!

*goes to lady-karma's page*

Wow, you're correct ~ The bottom half of the cupcake is missing!

#10 31-08-2014 00:13:06

darkjewels
Members

andybel wrote:

And there is one rule stating that you shouldn't wear costumes given as gifts in quests and special occassions such as Easter or Independence day.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think quest/flirt rewards ARE allowed(since we had to spend money to obtain them and such). i think this rule reffers to stuff we get for free (such as item hunts, gazete and advent calendar)

can a mod confirm this for us?

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#11 31-08-2014 06:22:27

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

darkjewels wrote:
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think quest/flirt rewards ARE allowed(since we had to spend money to obtain them and such). i think this rule reffers to stuff we get for free (such as item hunts, gazete and advent calendar)

Moderators should always be the last word in what items meet the pre-requisites, as well as what items are banned... but I do agree with you that both quest & flirt rewards are allowed.  However, it is my understanding that the other items you named are also allowed... based on the actual "wording" of the Forbidden Items list, as well as my observation of approved entries on *hesitates* the parent site.

There were only two shows that I can recall where all categories of "gifts" were banned... which resulted in this Gift Archive (for lack of a better title) being constructed.

The Young vs. Old show was one of these shows... and Forbidden Items were defined as such:

Sarah wrote:
Are FORBIDDEN:

- Gifts from your friends  from Feerik or la Gazette or National Day gifts

After seven years of events, most players have hundreds of pages of inventory and thousands of items... remembering every item's origin would be a monumental task, especially since all quest and flirt (and most special event) gifts are simply called "collectors item".  For whatever reason, this very broad gift restriction was removed after only a few (two?) shows.

Currently, the Forbidden Items are simply listed as:

cocobelle wrote:
Forbidden:

- Gifts between friends

There is no mention of any other category... only those labeled as "'Gifts for my friends" under My Things.  Furthermore, using one of those special event "collectors items" does not trigger a "pop-up" information box detailing missing and/or banned items at registration (using a "gift between friends" does; or did, but that's another issue :/)... and, as I said earlier, the special events items are used (and approved) elsewhere.

As always, that is only my understanding... and confirmation from a mod is always best ^.^

#12 01-09-2014 22:25:30

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

I would stick to whatever is listed to be forbidden.
Items from quests are allowed, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Also, please don't hesitate to write what you want (as long as you follow the rules, of course ;)  I don't want to be that kind of moderator to make people feel that way.  I was just letting everyone know how I do/look at things in my previous post. :)

Board footer