Announcement

Si vous ne voyez pas le nouveau design, pensez à vider vos caches ou faire F5 sur votre clavier.

Pour vous connecter au forum, utilisez votre pseudo et votre mot de passe du site. Inutile de vous réinscrire.
Veuillez prendre connaissance des règles du forum avant toute chose : Fonctionnement et règlement du forum

#1 23-02-2015 14:17:06

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

[Fashion show] New theme: Gothic VS Kawaii

Tomorrow night, I was invited to a big costume party with friends. It is a kind of battle where I should choose a style to defend: Gothic and Kawaii!
Fan of Japan, manga, cute little characters with their big eyes, I would not mind dressing in Kawaii style, it would be great fun and colorful!
But I love the dark world of Gothic, elegant outfits and mysterious. I have the soul of a romantic!
I really do not know what style to choose; and you, what is your favorite? »

>> For this theme, show originality and challenge Gothic or Kawaii!

10 am on Tuesday, you can register your Doll in the "Gothic VS Kawaii"
You have until Monday, March 2 to 10 hours to register for this theme, enjoy it to the end!

http://www.ohmydollz.com/design/defileloft/defile_mode_fr.png

To register for this show you will need to meet the following requirements for each theme:

- 1 item Cosplay store http://www.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/fr/cosplay-1.png
- Represent a single character (male or female) in your favorite style make-up, hairstyle, clothing, accessories and shoes!

The Gothic style
     This style is characterized above all by the use of black and dark colors, symbolizing the brand of the passage of time. Gothic outfits evoke a kind of eternal melancholy romanticism, Victorian or fantastic imagination. The Gothic love lace, satin, leather, sails, and accessorize their outfit by mystical or frightening details (like chains or cross).

Required for Gothic:
    - Black or dark colors (light colors permitted in small touches)
    - Precision: hair color is free

The KAWAII style
    Kawaii means cute or adorable Japanese. This style is characterized by very childish clothing and accessories: lace, ruffles, pastel colors (especially pink), layering of colorful patterns, childlike expressions of the face (eyes and rosy cheeks) and an accumulation of accessories (watches, barrettes, nodes, stuffed animals ...) to perfect the character!

Required for Kawaii:
    - Light colors, pastels or tart (dark colors allowed in small touches)

Banned for two themes:
- Fantastic elements
- Weapons
- The foot elements and around the dollz
- All the outfits made including those quests, shops and cabinets *
- The gifts for friends or Gazette

* WARNING: will be considered 'ready made' non-customized outfits, even for the quests already dressed mannequins. You must customize your dress / fashion model with maximum components (50%)

#2 23-02-2015 23:33:54

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

Re: [Fashion show] New theme: Gothic VS Kawaii

fairykisses wrote:

Banned for two themes:
- Fantastic elements
- Weapons
- The foot elements and around the dollz
- All the outfits made including those quests, shops and cabinets *
- The gifts for friends or Gazette

* WARNING: will be considered 'ready made' non-customized outfits, even for the quests already dressed mannequins. You must customize your dress / fashion model with maximum components (50%)

I am pleased to see that this is one of those rare shows which gives a clear definition of what is considered "ready made"... a ban that is in effect for every Fashion Show.  Variable translation and inconsistent word choices make this issue even more confusing.  Past theme announcements have used "ready-made outfits", "held-made (including cabinets)", and "all made outfits, including the cabinets"... just to name a few.  While this is not the first time this particular explanation has been provided... it is far more common to see the following quote (which means the same thing, but in different words):

* ATTENTION: will be considered held throughout the outfits made with a non-accessorized dress.

"Non-accessorized" does not refer to the jewelry you wear, the shoes you choose, the bag you carry, or the accents you add to your hair... it means that you must "accessorize" the "ready-made" item, significantly altering/modifying/customizing/changing the original appearance!  This serves three purposes:

1.  Eliminates repetitiveness (multiple players wearing the same dress/outfit).
     2.  Decreases copying (intentional and unintentional, in the case of identical dresses).
     3.  Allows for unlimited expression of creativity.

In the simplest terms, a "ready-made" item/outfit is one that you can buy "off-the-rack" and wear "as is" without adding any extra pieces.  It is a "complete" look by itself (ready-to-wear + as-made = ready-made)... a moderator has previously verified that my understanding of this pre-requisite is correct.

I have considered creating an example of a "ready-made" dress with some possible "customized" options for a while now.  I am not sure if this will be welcome... but it is my hope that a visual example might help further clarify this Fashion Show pre-requisite.

Ready-made dress (not allowed):
http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/76110.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/2nk01f7.jpg

All three examples use the same dress, but the two "new" outfits are completely different from the "ready-made" one... and both are different from each other.  The object is to create a unique outfit that expresses yourself, without looking like everyone else... even when using the same item ^.^

While forbidden items and off-theme entries may be the more obvious violations... I think that the persistent use of "ready-made" outfits is a more widespread problem in the Fashion Shows.   I do hope that the guidelines fairykisses included with this theme will result in less non-compliant entries!

Last edited by n0regrets (24-02-2015 06:17:39)

#3 24-02-2015 00:25:44

icefoxes
Members

Thanks for for clarifying that n0regrets. ^.^ Wasn't 100% sure what they meant by that before.

I feel like more people will go for kawaii. Maybe I'll make a gothic outfit to even out the imbalance I'm predicting. XD This theme sounds very fun!

#4 24-02-2015 03:44:54

angelfire
Members
Website

AHH!! YASS!! I can actually do something for this and NOT buy things :3
Gothic theme by the way!

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#5 26-02-2015 03:01:45

dragonmcbaine
Members

fairykisses wrote:

Does anybody know what this means?

"Well, personally, I kind of want to slay the dragon."
                          -ANGEL (FROM ANGELTHESERIES)"

#6 26-02-2015 05:06:53

fairykisses

dragonmcbaine wrote:

fairykisses wrote:

Does anybody know what this means?

I believe it means that you can have any hair color. It's free choice.

#7 27-02-2015 00:09:37

aluralegend
Members

I remember seeing somewhere that you are allowed up to three dolls per show. Is that correct? Cause I really want to inter two dolls so I can do both themes... if not, that will be though decision.

#8 27-02-2015 13:33:16

kitcat22
Members

i really wish i could join......

Last edited by kitcat22 (27-02-2015 13:33:43)

#9 28-02-2015 04:44:03

darkjewels
Members

aluralegend wrote:

I remember seeing somewhere that you are allowed up to three dolls per show. Is that correct? Cause I really want to inter two dolls so I can do both themes... if not, that will be though decision.

if this is true, then i'll try to take my time tomorrow to put both my dollz in this
if not, then i may only put my main in this...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#10 28-02-2015 21:43:52

angelfire
Members
Website

I know for sure two alts are allowed...I don't know about three.

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#11 01-03-2015 00:54:30

fairykisses

aluralegend wrote:

We are going to allow you all to use 2 accounts for this fashion show. Until "Us moderators" figure out the correct amount. :)

But please keep in mind DO NOT vote for yourself :norm:

#12 01-03-2015 02:01:59

aluralegend
Members

Awesome!! Thank you very much for clarifying!! :fete:

I'd better get to work!!! (hasn't even started) :ouf:

#13 05-03-2015 17:12:22

avivah
Members

"- Represent a single character (male or female) in your favorite style make-up, hairstyle, clothing, accessories and shoes!"

That is a rule for this show this time, and yet there was one I saw that had 3 dolls, and the outfits are off-theme. 

I have a feeling a Goth will win, but I hope in the top 3 there are both styles represented.

Friends are like sisters you choose for yourself.  Bonnie Jensen.

#14 05-03-2015 18:27:56

aluralegend
Members

I agree! I hope to see 2 goth and 1 kawaii winner! And I have seen sooo many off themes. Or breaking a rule (3 dolls, a weapon)

#15 17-03-2015 02:54:25

fairykisses

Board footer