You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-01-19 20:55:38

Ancien joueur rainboworange99
Guests

I dont like the new fashion show system

non I do not like the new fashion show system non . It is really annoying because now you have to wear a dress from OMD basics and it is so lame... I say change it back

Last edited by rainboworange99 (2011-01-19 20:55:54)

#2 2011-01-19 21:01:29

nikkzscreams
Fujoshi
Website

Re: I dont like the new fashion show system

I'm not that much of a big fan of it as well.
I don't like the fact that it makes my laptop lag.
We really can't do anything about it, so I suggest we should just accept it.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/169/9/7/niisan_by_plantkun-d7mz9q1.png

#3 2011-01-20 00:27:04

selinie777
Members
Website

Well, I love the Fashion Show system. It doesn't make my laptop lag... so I think it is only your computer, Nikkzscreams. And for the FS, I LOVE the song and where it loads by not changing the page. :)

http://i.imgur.com/Ju08uZ5.png

#4 2011-01-20 02:07:39

mystixgirl
Members

I don't like that we have to wear clothes from a certain store either. it's soooooooo annoying!!!!!!!non  and wouldn't that increase the risk of seeing the same dress over and over and over?

Stay beautiful, Keep it ugly.
-Gerard Way

#5 2011-01-20 07:40:38

moni314
Members

mystixgirl wrote:

I don't like that we have to wear clothes from a certain store either. it's soooooooo annoying!!!!!!!non  and wouldn't that increase the risk of seeing the same dress over and over and over?

I Find That Annoying Too ... I Won't Participate The Fashion Show This Time Only Because I Don't Have That Dress ... But I Love The New Fashion Show Look And  The New Music On IT   love  Its Soo Cool :)

#6 2011-01-20 17:59:01

historygeek
Members

I have mixed feelings about it.  I understand about setting a focus (although it is a little like another site I play on).  Maybe it will be expanded to more than just one store...maybe to colors, themes, etc.
I also agree that it is probably the way it will be (unless there are bugs).  I doubt they would have introduced it if it wasn't the 'new look'.

#7 2011-01-20 20:16:35

nikkzscreams
Fujoshi
Website

selinie777 wrote:

Well, I love the Fashion Show system. It doesn't make my laptop lag... so I think it is only your computer, Nikkzscreams. And for the FS, I LOVE the song and where it loads by not changing the page. :)

Oh yes, I know that it's because of my laptop but my laptop never lagged with the old Fashion Show.
I'm just saying that this new change to the Fashion Show makes my laptop slow.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/169/9/7/niisan_by_plantkun-d7mz9q1.png

#8 2011-01-21 00:00:24

selinie777
Members
Website

nikkzscreams wrote:

selinie777 wrote:

Oh yes, I know that it's because of my laptop but my laptop never lagged with the old Fashion Show.
I'm just saying that this new change to the Fashion Show makes my laptop slow.

I hate when something makes your computer or laptop slow. SO very annoying. I know how you feel. I sometimes just want to stab my laptop because it is so slow. :)

http://i.imgur.com/Ju08uZ5.png

#9 2011-01-22 14:41:58

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

It's a shame, because if we had a themed outfit, then chances are you need a certain shop.
But basics does have a lot of dresses, I guess.
I don't know, really...

#10 2011-01-23 14:00:01

cocoracxoxo
Members

i strongly agree that the new way, of the fashion show is soo lame you shouldn't have to buy a dress from one particular store. Therefore i won't be taking part in the fashion show anytime soon. And anyway the amount of people who enter the fashion show we'll practicaly be wearing the same thing. Its pointless!!!non non Mod Edit : Please limit the use of smiles.

#11 2011-01-23 20:15:54

Ancien joueur rainboworange99
Guests

I hate it! It is awful i like the old fashion show this one is rubbish.non non
Mod Edit : Please limit the use of smiles.

#12 2011-01-23 21:59:27

cocoracxoxo
Members

i agree rainboworange they should have left it the way it is  it's realli bad:non: non

#13 2011-01-24 18:00:54

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

Please don't say bad things about it - Hey, I know i'm not a mod, but I still don't like seeing people say bad stuff!
There's not that much we can do about it. For now, I suppose we should just leave it. Maybe they will change the theme now and then.
They have to change it sometimes, or people might get bored and quit OMD.

#14 2011-01-24 19:47:03

cocoracxoxo
Members

i can see your point of view but..oh my dollz has let me down  i miss  my diva doll i guess sad..but it is not all bad i like the way they have shown clearly of who is placing in the fashion show soo thats good but..i guess thats it!

#15 2011-01-27 15:10:50

chloe01
Members

In the new fashion show, I can't express myself pleur pleur Mod Edit: Please limit the use of smilies.

Smile will save the world!!!

#16 2011-01-31 19:13:49

Ancien joueur konokasama
Guests

I don't like it either. Yeah, fashion shows in real life do tend to have a theme, and maybe if it was just a theme then it would be all right. But if we're actually limited this much, then it stops being fun. People take part in the OMD Fashion Shows to demonstrate their individual styles, not be told what to wear. Once everyone starts having to wear the same sort of clothes, it turns from who has the best outfit into who is the most popular in general - I liked it when you couldn't actually see the name of the person you were voting for, it kept things impartial.

#17 2011-02-01 01:31:00

snortmort
Members

Yeah, I don't really understand why they're restricting what dolls can wear in the show - although I suppose that maybe it's to keep people from all wearing the same dress that everyone has, like at Christmas when we all got those silver dresses and SO many in the fashion show wore them!

I also miss NOT being able to see whose doll you voted for until you had clicked on them - that seemed more fair to me.

I do like how it's set up now, though - with the music, the continuous flow and how the top 10 dolls are displayed.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#18 2011-02-01 19:14:27

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

snortmort wrote:

Yeah, I don't really understand why they're restricting what dolls can wear in the show - although I suppose that maybe it's to keep people from all wearing the same dress that everyone has, like at Christmas when we all got those silver dresses and SO many in the fashion show wore them!

I also miss NOT being able to see whose doll you voted for until you had clicked on them - that seemed more fair to me.

I do like how it's set up now, though - with the music, the continuous flow and how the top 10 dolls are displayed.

Like on (as Mimi and Willowskye call it) The-diva-site-that-must-not-be-mentioned had those dresses for Sara's birthday, and nearly everyone was wearing them!  But if we all get them from one shop, there's there's that chance again too...

#19 2011-02-02 22:36:54

Ancien joueur hopeful101
Guests

This new "system" does'nt let the players express themselves. Fairykisses said "We've made it that way so we don't have to see the same dress over and over again" (not exact words) yet it does'nt give us any freedom.What if someone works very hard on their doll's outfit and has a shirt that ties it all together (that is new) and some other people have it! They have to change it! I think it's wonderful just not having to wear spacific things hypn

Last edited by hopeful101 (2011-02-02 22:38:42)

#20 2011-02-02 22:52:23

littlelies
Members
Website

I don't like the animation... it froze my mouse, and I had to turn off my computer just because of the lagging of the fashion show.
Other then that, it's pretty cool... Though I would prefer not having to wear something from a specific store which cost money...

She acts like Summer, and walks like rain

#21 2011-02-02 23:41:17

Ancien joueur hopeful101
Guests

Littlelies said

littlelies wrote:

I don't like the animation... it froze my mouse, and I had to turn off my computer just because of the lagging of the fashion show.
Other then that, it's pretty cool... Though I would prefer not having to wear something from a specific store which cost money...

That did that to me! It's a great idea but not the part where you have to buy what they want you to buy!I think they need to change some things hypn

#22 2011-02-02 23:43:12

littlelies
Members
Website

I think they should have an option for animation or no animation, like the music. Buying things to keep the fashion show orderly, I don't really mind.

She acts like Summer, and walks like rain

#23 2011-02-03 15:48:42

campanella
Members

Wow, I know this sounds ungrateful but, I don't like the new fashion show either.  We can't express ourselves freely, and the animation is sure as heck annoying. But ya know, with every great thing that comes by there's ALWAYS a catch.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/d2b6d67b60782d1b9b4ae8e73c19351a/tumblr_nz4skthchB1sfm9rso1_500.png

#24 2011-02-04 18:51:32

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

I'm not such a big fan of it, either.

Isn't it going to INCREASE the chances of seeing the same dress twice if we all buy it from the SAME shop?

Did anyone else think this when they found out?

#25 2011-02-04 20:22:49

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

hopeful101 wrote:

This new "system" does'nt let the players express themselves. Fairykisses said "We've made it that way so we don't have to see the same dress over and over again" (not exact words) yet it does'nt give us any freedom.What if someone works very hard on their doll's outfit and has a shirt that ties it all together (that is new) and some other people have it! They have to change it! I think it's wonderful just not having to wear spacific things hypn

Let me correct you.First off those are Feerik's words not mine. Secondly I don't really agree with the fashion show the way it is set up myself. Just like you said you are not able to show off your creative side. But what can we do about it.  Then again I guess we have two options either join or don't.

Board footer