You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 2011-04-13 03:49:07

ruealice
Members

Re: I dont like the new fashion show system

gothgirluni wrote:

I do wish people would take the time to clear the extra junk from around their doll before they register though. I avoid voting for dolls which have a pile of tops stuck to their feet, 5 hats floating behind them, etc..

Someone had a wig peeping out from near their feet last week xD

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/silver-stag/omdsigmugilistencopy.png

#52 2011-04-19 10:23:36

Ancien joueur pettel
Guests

I like the way they show the Fashion system, but I don't like how they work it! I think its stupid to have itleast 3 clothes on and stuff like that ^^

#53 2011-04-20 23:18:08

raven-couture
Members

I like how our fashion show looks and sounds, but I don't really like having themed clothing or having to have a certain amount of clothes on your doll, (8 to be exact.) Its a little frustrating! nrv  My thing is, if I have a really nice outfit andI really like it, I would want to enter it into the "Fashion Show!" I wouldn't want to ruin it by adding 2 items from 4Works or a dress from Basics! We should be able to wear what we want! That's all I'm saying!

#54 2011-04-20 23:20:35

raven-couture
Members

darkjewels wrote:

angel923 wrote:

I'm not such a big fan of it, either.

Isn't it going to INCREASE the chances of seeing the same dress twice if we all buy it from the SAME shop?

Did anyone else think this when they found out?

instead of "you must be wearing a dress from *named* store" or a certain piece of clothing, it could be "you must be wearing ANY item from *named1* or *named2* store"
so we could just buy a smal accessory and hide it behind our skirts or shoes or dresses or hair so we could express ourselves freely and have smaller chances of seeing the same outfit twice.
(should i have posted it in the suggestions topic instead?)

I agree (:

#55 2011-04-21 12:01:11

Ancien joueur xcherri101
Guests

Don't you think it's annoying seeing people wearing clothes from flirts that completely object the rules of the Fashion Show?:

-Wear Clothes from Certain Stores? Nope.
-Stick to the theme, in this case, a wedding? Nope, just a bunch of girls wearing black blush and purple lipstick while strutting around in last weeks Investigation quest.

I think it's really annoying, because sometimes they become 1st-3rd place for no reason whatsoever when all of us look gorgeous in our Prada shoes. [Exaggeration, actually from Okuan, but just as stylin'.]

#56 2011-04-21 18:35:12

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

xcherri101 wrote:

Don't you think it's annoying seeing people wearing clothes from flirts that completely object the rules of the Fashion Show?:

-Wear Clothes from Certain Stores? Nope.
-Stick to the theme, in this case, a wedding? Nope, just a bunch of girls wearing black blush and purple lipstick while strutting around in last weeks Investigation quest.

I think it's really annoying, because sometimes they become 1st-3rd place for no reason whatsoever when all of us look gorgeous in our Prada shoes. [Exaggeration, actually from Okuan, but just as stylin'.]

Join the club >.>

You spend all your money sticking to the theme; and then POOF. Someone wearing adventure clothes wins anyways, just like that.

#57 2011-04-22 01:05:29

gothgirluni
Members

angel923 wrote:

Join the club >.>

You spend all your money sticking to the theme; and then POOF. Someone wearing adventure clothes wins anyways, just like that.

There is a very simple solution to this problem. Vote. Go to the fashion show and vote a few hundred times. I have been voting for all on-theme dolls, whatever they look like, in order to push them above the repeats, quest outfits, and copies.  Don't complain about other people's choices if you are not prepared to do your bit.

GothGirlUni - Former Moderator for OhMyDollz

#58 2011-04-24 16:25:08

Ancien joueur junegemini996
Guests

I find it very annoying that we can't be ourselves. The new system was supposed to make us all be more original but most people end up wearing the same outfits so how is that original? It's mad! quoi

#59 2011-04-24 17:26:07

Ancien joueur pettel
Guests

also this means that newer ones like won't be able to join the fashion show because the theme we have on are the only clothes we have and there not the right clothes for that specific theme.

#60 2011-04-24 22:23:57

gothgirluni
Members

pettel wrote:

also this means that newer ones like won't be able to join the fashion show because the theme we have on are the only clothes we have and there not the right clothes for that specific theme.

You cannot join until you have 30 items in your loft, so your above comment is irrelevant. Of course, if they get themselves some feez, they can buy the items they need. Alternatively, they can save up $$$ for a few weeks and then buy what they need for a particular show, as well as the other 22 items required to meet the 30 minimum required.

GothGirlUni - Former Moderator for OhMyDollz

#61 2011-04-25 10:06:43

lolalawless
Members

In my opinion, the best thing (and also the most complicated thing), would be to have separate fashion shows. One themed fashion show, and one 'normal' fashion show, without any requirements. And to make it easier for the slower computers, a button to turn off the shiny animations. But I believe this is too much to ask for, right? quoi

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff392/xSWExLolalawlessx/Lolalawless-Siggiemadebynikkzscreams.png
Thank you Nikkzscreams for the avatar and the signature!!!! <3

#62 2011-04-25 10:21:36

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

pettel wrote:

It's not just the 'newer ones', us golden oldies have to save up for outfits, too! :)

#63 2011-04-25 16:13:26

lolalawless
Members

angel923 wrote:

pettel wrote:

It's not just the 'newer ones', us golden oldies have to save up for outfits, too! :)

Agreed!
But of course it's harder for the newer dollz. If you really want to participate in the FS, the best thing is to save up the whole week for it.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff392/xSWExLolalawlessx/Lolalawless-Siggiemadebynikkzscreams.png

#64 2011-04-26 01:07:02

ruealice
Members

lolalawless wrote:

And to make it easier for the slower computers, a button to turn off the shiny animations. But I believe this is too much to ask for, right? quoi

This is definitely something they need to add. The animations are pretty, but we can do without them whether its a slow connection or a fast one. Also it slows other sites down when we are multitasking.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/silver-stag/omdsigmugilistencopy.png

#65 2011-04-26 10:46:41

lolalawless
Members

ruealice wrote:

lolalawless wrote:

And to make it easier for the slower computers, a button to turn off the shiny animations. But I believe this is too much to ask for, right? quoi

This is definitely something they need to add. The animations are pretty, but we can do without them whether its a slow connection or a fast one. Also it slows other sites down when we are multitasking.

Yep. Especially if you do a 100 votes run, and want to vote seriousely, it won't work with a page that takes 1½ minutes to load, even if it's glammy and pretty...

#66 2011-05-09 19:34:32

Ancien joueur rainboworange99
Guests

I just think it is a waste of time, i wont be entering my other dollz only this one... stupid... quoi

#67 2011-05-16 17:28:44

Ancien joueur misscutie147
Guests

i DON'T like how the fashion show is themed.

i DON'T like how you must have at least 30 items in your loft.

i DON'T like how you must be wearing certain clothes from a certain store.

i DON'T like how you have to have at least 8 items on.
(what if im wearing a dress and i dont have many accessories??)

i DON'T like how you cant be very creative with your outfit.

i DO however, like how you can see top ten....

Board footer