You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-09-28 12:36:55

tresselle
Members

News [Security] Captcha on the login page

There's a new security system on the game. This post could be moved to the news section later.

Sarah wrote : http://www.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=106084

Hello Dollz,

Recently, you have heard a lot about bots on OhMyDollz. A "bot" (or "robot") is a small software programmed to perform actions on your behalf, loop (automatically).
For example on the MDGs, it can be used to create hundreds of accounts dollz advertising targeted, or offensive nicknames, to shock or claim.

This can also be used to connect with an account, frantically vote then do the same with a different account, and so on with hundreds of accounts. This way of playing by letting a machine to play in his place has to players at the expense of honest players: it is cheating. It is totally forbidden in the game.

This is the way the players were able to inflate their scores of votes on MDGs, but this is not the subject we are talking here. There were enough messages about it and interested in contact with Support which handles check their statements, case by case.
Attention no debate launched in this regard will be accepted in this regard. You can create a subject in the forum if you want to debate the issue of bots on MDGs. By cons, it is prohibited to attack or condemn, and sanctions against misconduct by players of order private.

We installed a security system the game login page in order to fight against these programs that repeat their actions automatically: a captcha. The system checks whether you are a human being who plays and not a robot!

To human players, this represents a small check box before clicking "Connect".
How to connect:
1 - Write your nickname
2 - Write your password
3 - Click the box
4 - Wait a few seconds (about 3 seconds)
5 - Click Login

This is good!

If you have not checked, it does not matter: the page you re-propose. You will not be blocked if you make mistakes do not worry (you can start to infinity);)
This captcha system exists on the vast majority of websites, and it was time for the OhMyDollz team.

We hope that this problem permanently block the bots in the game to return to a fairer game, healthy and without cheating.
Thank you for your attention !

I personally don't like this update as you spend extra time trying to look for pictures. This is more suitable for blogs & websites not games.

Last edited by tresselle (2017-09-28 12:48:11)

#2 2017-09-28 18:50:54

haelina
Members

Re: News [Security] Captcha on the login page

Well seems I'll be abandoning my alt accounts. I'm not spending extra time trying to get in my accounts especially with their time sensitive events and happy days! This is ridiculous!

#3 2017-09-28 19:09:59

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

This is just a headache ugh.......... aomd_nrv

#4 2017-09-28 19:55:46

littlemandy
Members

Have to agree that it's nothing but a massive headache to log in now. Mainly because the captcha takes quite some time to load so you have to literally have to wait till it appears to click the box.

I think the sad part is that to hear that some dolls go as far as using bots on this simple game to cheat. Not only are they being dishonest, these dolls have simply created a nuisance to everyone by making the developers add this captcha.

I don't blame FEERIK on their part though, I can understand that they had to stop this somehow- and their decision was extra security.

http://i.imgur.com/6lYLzZw.png

#5 2017-09-28 20:01:03

rheasilvia

And here I thought there wouldn't be anything that could ruin my day even more. How wrong I was... I may understand the need for this but it doesn't prevent me from hating it with a passion.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

#6 2017-09-28 20:24:46

littlemandy
Members

Well I just realised another thing. When you're logged out of the game and viewing any dolls page, you have the option to sign in at the top. However because the captcha is not added there and only on the main page, you get redirected to the main page and have to sign in AGAIN.

Also I realised like the captcha is awfully annoying. I had to click like 10 squares for the captcha and then wow, guess what? ANOTHER captcha springs up, resulting in me spending even more time clicking squares.

Nice, logging in about takes half a minute now if you don't save your passwords (probably like 10 seconds to type your username and password if you know it well and it's not too long, and 20 seconds to do 2x captchas).

http://i.imgur.com/6lYLzZw.png

#7 2017-09-28 22:45:25

jenzg11
Members

intr

I didn't quote any, but I agree with all. I have several accounts here, and I follow the rules. This extra security does make the voting for others far more time consuming. The Happy hour or day will be impossible to complete for all of them in the time allowed.

A few has made a bad thing impossible for the most that just want to play.  This game is not to compete, it's suppose to be for fun. 

I hope that this will be here for only long enough to "catch" the bots.. and then let the humans play again.

#8 2017-09-29 00:04:09

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

You know what would be nice if they could put a system in place to where you only have to confirm that you are not a robot once a month or one time only. Ugh...... one can only wish. sad

#9 2017-09-29 17:27:40

haelina
Members

seems they have fixed the capcha and it will now only appear if one tries to repeat the same action too fast. I suggested that in their forum so I guess some one read it. Or they came to it themselves. I have no clue. But I am happy I can get on my dollz properly now!

#10 2017-10-03 12:56:06

sierradane
Members

I've noticed, as I have been trying to log some of my alts in, once I've logged on in that I don't have to do that "I'm not a Robot" again. But... I still do on some that I've already logged in. I don't have to do it anymore on my main doll, which I've been logging in daily during this trying time of having our 2 year old granddaughter living with us.

I use 3 different browsers and I log my alts in (that are just to log in and work) on a browser called Opera.  I've noticed the captcha there more than on Foxfire or Chrome.  Maybe it will go away in time.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

Board footer