You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2019-05-08 22:53:25

nemurerumori
Members

Flash

Hii, I don't know of this question been answered but I couldn't found it.

Anyway, I read that flash no longer exist in 2020. So my question is: what will happen to OhMyDollz? intr

#2 2019-05-09 10:47:50

iloveangel
Members

Re: Flash

omg are you for reals its that truth ohmydollz will no longer exist omg whyyy this is my fv game sad

#3 2019-05-09 12:09:27

sierradane
Members

a href="https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/25/16026236/adobe-flash-end-of-support-2020">https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/25/1602 … pport-2020

This article tells all about it.

It may be the reason why it seems that the creators of this game have pretty much abandoned it.  They may be doing the replays of the quests just to hang on to the players until it ends. 

No idea how it will affect the game.  The article basically says there will be no more updates.  Perhaps the game will still be here, just buggy and laggy as ever.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#4 2019-05-09 21:53:58

iloveangel
Members

But could we help on this game to have new updated  rather the old ones  I mean this game it’s really fun I don’t want anything bad happened this game I don’t think the players don’t like this idea

#5 2019-05-09 23:08:47

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

That article is not OhMyDollz news, it is about Adobe ending Flash in 2020. That means any games or websites using Flash might not work anymore.

The reason why this game may have been 'abandoned' could be because the creators are working hard to reformat it into something that doesn't use Flash. They may even have to rebuild OhMyDollz from the ground up to create a whole new version, which could be why this particular OhMyDollz seems dead and buggy. This is just my guess, and I always like to think on the bright side of things. Only time will truly tell, as Feerik is keeping things to themselves sadly.

Anyway, no need to overreact just yet. If you're really worried, take lots of screenshots of your dolls and their rooms for the memories.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#6 2019-05-10 07:17:52

rosered86
Members

lady0filia wrote:

That article is not OhMyDollz news, it is about Adobe ending Flash in 2020. That means any games or websites using Flash might not work anymore.

The reason why this game may have been 'abandoned' could be because the creators are working hard to reformat it into something that doesn't use Flash. They may even have to rebuild OhMyDollz from the ground up to create a whole new version, which could be why this particular OhMyDollz seems dead and buggy. This is just my guess, and I always like to think on the bright side of things. Only time will truly tell, as Feerik is keeping things to themselves sadly.

Anyway, no need to overreact just yet. If you're really worried, take lots of screenshots of your dolls and their rooms for the memories.

That makes me feel better, plus we've gotten some new rooms and outfits here and there recently, so there maybe some hope.

#7 2019-05-10 09:49:31

iloveangel
Members

can you send me the website what it says quoi sad this is a sad news

#8 2019-05-11 12:36:16

sierradane
Members

lady0filia wrote:

I was once told, about 4 years ago, in a ticket that Feerik was short staffed and that was one reason why they took a long time to answer tickets.  It's pure speculation, but my guess is that they no longer have people working there as designers that earn real life money and that's why they rely heavily on players to create things (for free).   

I would like to look at the bright side of things too, but from what I've been reading on the French forums it doesn't seem very positive.  Another guess as to why Feerik isn't coming out to tell us what is really going on, is perhaps they want to continue the cash flow from players while they still can.  IF they know that there's no future in this game, they certainly aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot before it actually happens.  They can't even give us any type of reassurance.

It's been months since we have had an actual NEW quest that includes not only a new room but also new clothing and items/furniture.  Yes, we have had new rooms... but we only get the room after buying skads of player made clothing.

Less and less are buying VIP or even buying Fee'z.  The free fee'z through offers and watching videos have almost come to an end.  I haven't bought fee'z in over 2 years. If you look at my WIA near the bottom, I have kept a running tally of the fee'z I've had and I'm getting pretty low. I won't be able to buy VIP after this last subscription runs out.  I just can't afford to buy more fee'z. 

The French forums are updated on a regular basis still, this one has not been since early April. I'm not talking about this particular area... I'm talking about the areas where we as regular players don't post.

The only thing we can do is to wait and hope for the best. 

And to iloveangel:

There is nothing we as players can do to help with FLASH to save this game.  We can't create quests of our liking either.    Use google translate to be able to read what people have been saying about the state of this game on the French forums:
https://www.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=110648

Last edited by sierradane (2019-05-11 12:42:44)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#9 2019-05-12 07:47:04

campanella
Members

What I'm about to say is going to sound very pessimistic, but here goes. I don't believe Feerik will continue with keeping OMD alive, and will either let it run until Adobe pulls the plug on Flash, or announce the end of the site and close it down.

OMD has passed it's prime a long time ago and isn't making enough revenue or getting any more traffic than it used to years ago. Players have abandoned Feerik's other sites over the years, and it's no surprise to me that there are more ghost towns than active websites now. There are few regular players who log in daily and even fewer who are active in the forums, and I can't even imagine how low the number might be for players who regularly buy Feez.

I'm going to draw comparisons between OMD and another formerly popular flash using horse website that came out around the same time. Both were extremely popular years ago, both had generated revenue from players who bought in-game currency using real money, merchandise, and run by companies with young girls and women as targeted audiences. Over the years there was a steady decline of money and userbase in both, and to the pony site came the devastating blow of the company ceasing operations completely. However, since they have closed it's doors, the website has remained online, only requiring an account and flash to run as everything was left as is. That is, until flash ends this year, then it will vanish off of the internet forever. OMD is reaching that same fate, as the number of users who are active on the site and forums are declining fast. However, as OMD is still taking in some revenue from players with VIP subscriptions, it would be a terrible decision if Feerik jumped ship abruptly with other's money and no announcement.

The best case scenario is, if what Sierradane is true that the team is too small to keep the site running, they put an expiration date on the website and come out with the announcement that OMD will come to an end. It's high time that Feerik comes out with a formal announcement on the state of OMD instead of hiding away from users, not just assuming that the endless stream of replays and look books is enough to tide players over. There's only so much time left this year before flash is discontinued, and because of how massive OMD is and how small the team behind it must be, things are not looking good.

However, if it is true that they're secretly working on a massive site overhaul behind the scenes, then maybe there is hope after all. But as of now, there's no guarantee that it will survive past December.

I've been a member of OMD and MDD for years. I first joined when I was in elementary school, and now I'm graduating from college. I've spent most of my internet years on here and interacting with other players. I'm heart broken to see how desolate the boards have become. Deep in my heart of hearts I want to believe that OMD can be salvaged by Feerik before the end of the year, but it doesn't seem so on the outside.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/d2b6d67b60782d1b9b4ae8e73c19351a/tumblr_nz4skthchB1sfm9rso1_500.png

#10 2019-05-12 17:54:01

darkjewels
Members

I only wish there would be something that replaces flash or runs flash-based content after the 2020 deadline... Maybe I could start downloading the site's image files for personal use later, just in case but that would take me forever...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#11 2019-05-16 10:57:14

iloveangel
Members

i wish someone could talk with sarah  we need help who is the owner of this game

#12 2019-05-16 10:58:34

iloveangel
Members

its so sad about this i mean everyone loves this game alot but i hope everything goes well intr pleur

#13 2019-05-16 12:59:11

dyingneko
Members

I'm really hoping that someone is working on converting this site to a different format than flash, because to me, and I believe a lot of players, it's a one-of-a-kind game. It's really a brilliant site/game and I think it's most definitely worth saving.
It would be really nice to actually get more news from the developers, if the game is going to be saved or not, because I don't want to be coming here like every other day and then 1 day finding out that the site is down and not working anymore, that would make me and probably a lot of players really sad.
I could see myself still being here in the future for sure, especially if new updates would start rolling out after the conversion to whatever other format.

https://i.imgur.com/iBiTuAe.jpg

Board footer