You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2019-06-27 00:03:41

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

A quick update & some ??'s

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update, as I'm sure you're wondering.....

We have been in contact with the French GM. While her first priority is, of course, to the french site, she will be helping us with our bugs and other technical issues as she is able to. To clarify: we do not have a devoted GM for our site at this time, but we do have a GM who will be helping out as she can.

I have been made board admin. for our site again. (This was supposed to be done a years ago, but ....well, GM's kept disappearing before they did that.) This will allow us to have some more control/independence over our board again, which is a good thing.

So, to that end, I have a few questions for you all:

1. What sections of the board do you use the most?

2. Is there anything you think could be added to our board? Is there anything you think could be removed from our board?

3. It seems as if most of the community has either stopped using the board or is meeting in private groups. What do you think could help to invigorate this board again? (aka: What would make you want to use this board more?)

Please keep your replies positive. This is not an invitation to complain, but rather an invitation for us all to work together to discuss how to make this board fun and active again. Maybe nothing will come of this, but I thought I'd at least give us the chance to try.

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#2 2019-06-27 19:46:39

darkjewels
Members

Re: A quick update & some ??'s

thanks for the update and the post! good
now answering the questions...

1) back when the board used to be more active:
news; fashion show; quest guides; bugs; ideas & suggestions; players helping players; dollz discussions; dollz cafe; games.

2) added: search feature; maybe a spoiler button that would put the text in a quote box labeled "spoiler" with the text color set as the same as the quote box?
removed: nothing (because this was a very minimalist forum where new secctions were slowly added as they were needed)

3) personaly, i would be more inclined to visit, post and reply if there were more people using the board. chromium-based browsers rejecting flash player as well as adobe slowly terminating the plug-in are some of the things i blame the forum inactivity on... i'm hoping for the best, though.

might not be the most useful reply in the universe, but i gave my 2 cents xP
ps: have a nice day, everybody!

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#3 2019-07-02 19:23:33

angelfire
Members
Website

I'm glad to see things are looking up ^^
I haven't been as active but I have been lurking around.

1. What sections of the board do you use the most?
None so far. but I'd like to see the clubs/contests reinvigorated.

2. Is there anything you think could be added to our board? Is there anything you think could be removed from our board?
TO ADD: I think "Players helping Players" should be a category. Specifically for looking for stuff. sometimes I wanna see if someone's asked for a specific item already. It's hard to do so when there's 10+ pages to look through of random topics.
TO REMOVE: I don't think anything needs to be removed. the board doesn't have much to begin with

3. It seems as if most of the community has either stopped using the board or is meeting in private groups. What do you think could help to invigorate this board again? (aka: What would make you want to use this board more?)
The community needs events. or some kind of incentive/advertisement to get people onto the boards. The best part of OMD for me was always the boards. Maybe we can make contests that can get advertised on the main site as news. I don't know how that would work, but I feel like that's a great way to tell people "hey, the boards are great!"

Hope to see good things happen, I'll be here until the end ^^

Last edited by angelfire (2019-07-02 19:24:19)

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#4 2019-07-03 15:44:21

andybel
Members

Hello everyone!

Well, that is definitely good news. I hope that tickets and technical issues could be solved by now.

1. What sections of the board do you use the most? Generally, the News section, Dollz Discussion and Players helping players.

2. Is there anything you think could be added to our board? Is there anything you think could be removed from our board? I agree with angelfire's proposal, some kind of button or search box that would allow a quick search without having to flick through pages (sometimes certain pages take a lot of time to load). Perhaps old posts solved or old posts (not quest guides), could be filed so that there are not many pages to load.

3. It seems as if most of the community has either stopped using the board or is meeting in private groups. What do you think could help to invigorate this board again? (aka: What would make you want to use this board more?) I would like to see a more personalized board, perhaps items and designs according to the season (like hte French board), and as Angelfire says, more events, questionnaires, for example.

Thank you for the opportunity!

~**...Keep your eyes on the stars, they will show you something everytime...**~

#5 2019-07-06 15:58:45

willowskye

Thank you for your replies. :)

darkjewels wrote:

added: search feature; maybe a spoiler button that would put the text in a quote box labeled "spoiler" with the text color set as the same as the quote box?

Unfortunately, I think those both are beyond my admin. abilities. :(  (I would love a search bar too.)

darkjewels wrote:

i would be more inclined to visit, post and reply if there were more people using the board

I'd like to see user activity increase (I know the other mods would as well), and that's one of the things this post was about - To see what kind of response there would be. Based on the fact that only 3 people have replied (so far), it makes me wonder if trying to revive/reinvigorate the board is even worth the effort? :( I have some ideas, I know other mods have some ideas, and I think we're willing to give it a shot, but ultimately, is anyone even going to take part?? quoi (Is there any body out there?? Lol) ;)

darkjewels wrote:

chromium-based browsers rejecting flash player as well as adobe slowly terminating the plug-in are some of the things i blame the forum inactivity on

Yes, I guess this might be a part of it. :( Sadly, there's nothing anyone can really do about that aspect.

angelfire wrote:

I'd like to see the clubs/contests reinvigorated.

Me too! Players are absolutely free to run contests and clubs (as long as they're within the rules. ) I think us mods. are willing to try doing something along those lines, but here's a new question for everyone: what kind of rewards/prizes would you be interested in? We can't currently give out $$$ or feez, or anything like that. The best we could currently offer is the in-game gifts. Any other ideas for something that could be given out/you'd like as a prize? I'm thinking badges for your signature on the board or WIA in the game? That kind of stuff (aka: things we can actually do. Lol)

angelfire wrote:

The community needs events. or some kind of incentive/advertisement to get people onto the boards. The best part of OMD for me was always the boards. Maybe we can make contests that can get advertised on the main site as news.

I agree with you, but that is beyond current moderator/admin capabilities. :( All we could do is advertise on the board....but if very few people are coming to the board, well.....

andybel wrote:

Perhaps old posts solved or old posts (not quest guides), could be filed so that there are not many pages to load.

Yes,  we mods. definitely agree a board clean up is long over due. I imagine something might be happening along those lines soon....ish. magic (But it's a huge job that would take time.)

Last edited by willowskye (2019-07-06 20:57:36)

#6 2019-07-07 08:00:47

darkjewels
Members

willowskye wrote:

I'd like to see user activity increase (I know the other mods would as well), and that's one of the things this post was about - To see what kind of response there would be. Based on the fact that only 3 people have replied (so far), it makes me wonder if trying to revive/reinvigorate the board is even worth the effort? :( I have some ideas, I know other mods have some ideas, and I think we're willing to give it a shot, but ultimately, is anyone even going to take part?? quoi (Is there any body out there?? Lol) ;)

which ideas? please, tell us! we're curious! magic we can try to help promote it, in case nobody sees it!
*sits like a puppy with big, begging eyes*

---

#7 2019-07-08 12:01:52

mlle-green
Members
Website

Is it possible to extand the forum like the french board ? 700 pixels
For example look at this post :https://www.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=111199

https://orig12.deviantart.net/6f9a/f/2017/239/9/3/userbar_chats_maincoon_by_tchat_irc_omd-dbli8m1.png

#8 2019-07-10 15:42:15

willowskye

darkjewels wrote:

which ideas? please, tell us! we're curious! magic we can try to help promote it, in case nobody sees it!
*sits like a puppy with big, begging eyes*

Soooooooooon. aomd_smile

mlle-green wrote:

Is it possible to extand the forum like the french board ? 700 pixels
For example look at this post :https://www.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=111199

Not at this time. That goes with the actual design of the board, which we are currently not able to get. The french GM is looking into whether or not we can eventually get the board design brought over here, but it is low priority and involves a lot of technical stuff that I can't explain (and may not actually work on our board.)

I guess we'll just stay Pretty in Pink for the foreseeable future.

#9 2019-07-13 22:04:33

campanella
Members

Loving the arrangements and sorting of topics. Now we won't have to sift through dozens of pages for a quest guide!
Is there a way to sort all of the archived 2014~2017 News threads into a section too? Or would that be doing too much?

https://40.media.tumblr.com/d2b6d67b60782d1b9b4ae8e73c19351a/tumblr_nz4skthchB1sfm9rso1_500.png

#10 2019-07-13 23:17:20

willowskye

campanella wrote:

Loving the arrangements and sorting of topics. Now we won't have to sift through dozens of pages for a quest guide!
Is there a way to sort all of the archived 2014~2017 News threads into a section too? Or would that be doing too much?

Yay! Glad you like it. :)

A great idea! good  It's just what we were looking for. aomd_bravo

It is done. (I also included the Bugs, so we now have current and old bugs.)

Scroll all the way down to see The Archives (a Read Only forum.)

#11 2019-07-16 02:35:24

darkjewels
Members

willowskye wrote:

campanella wrote:

Yay! Glad you like it. :)

A great idea! good  It's just what we were looking for. aomd_bravo

It is done. (I also included the Bugs, so we now have current and old bugs.)

Scroll all the way down to see The Archives (a Read Only forum.)

i'm loving what is being done in this forum! thanks a lot! aomd_fan
Edit: just noticed the Announcement. that's so neat :D

Last edited by darkjewels (2019-07-16 02:36:30)

---

#12 2019-07-17 18:56:22

willowskye

darkjewels wrote:

i'm loving what is being done in this forum! thanks a lot!

Thank you for your positive feedback! It is nice to hear the changes are being noticed and appreciated. (We do it all for you guys, anyway.) aomd_bisous

darkjewels wrote:

Goooood...I'm glad you noticed it. Tell your friends to keep an eye on it too, because I have plans for the Board Announcement section (that just might involve the chance to win a prize every so often........) star

#13 2019-07-18 06:12:41

angelfire
Members
Website

I absolutely adore the new layout and design! I’m glad to be able to see things happening. It also looks/feels like the mods are getting their motivation back. magic

For rewards:
I dont have any suggestions except for what we used to do (avatar/signatures, wia layouts, doll edits, etc.) I like the idea of badges. I do remember forum titles being a reward a couple times recently as well.

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#14 2019-07-18 21:39:10

darkjewels
Members

willowskye wrote:

darkjewels wrote:

i'm loving what is being done in this forum! thanks a lot!

Thank you for your positive feedback! It is nice to hear the changes are being noticed and appreciated. (We do it all for you guys, anyway.) aomd_bisous

darkjewels wrote:

Goooood...I'm glad you noticed it. Tell your friends to keep an eye on it too, because I have plans for the Board Announcement section (that just might involve the chance to win a prize every so often........) star

prizes sound like a great way to motivate people to post in the forums *cheers*

---

Board footer