You are not logged in.

Announcement

• Index
  •  » Bugs!
  •  » [Archive] Time traveller talent does not work?

#1 2021-04-24 05:46:27

jazz333
Members

[Archive] Time traveller talent does not work?

So I'm not sure if this one's a bug or a feature. I have been using the time traveler talent for about a month and a half? The first three weeks or so It'd trigger once or twice per week. Past three weeks it has not triggered once. I'm thinking that maybe there's like a 1/10 chance it's going to trigger that day and that's it? Which is not very nice, since that way, I might as well go without the talent triggering ever again.

P.S. It would be nice if the game creators provided us with more info on the chance-based functionality in the game in general. I don't know this game very well, but when it comes to choosing for example this talent, or the urban explorer one, I'd like to know what the chances are that I'm going to get something are. "It will not trigger every day" is not enough for me if I want to think a bit more strategy.

#2 2021-04-24 22:33:13

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Re: [Archive] Time traveller talent does not work?

Unfortunately we don't have much info on the mod team (checked our notes) but once we hear anything, will update the thread.

My Urban Explorer talent seems pretty consistent btw if you need it!

#3 2021-04-25 11:26:31

jazz333
Members

Thank you. I'm using the Urban Explorer on another account as well and am happy with it! The Time Traveler, however...

#4 2021-04-26 04:22:05

darkjewels
Members

jazz333 wrote:

Thank you. I'm using the Urban Explorer on another account as well and am happy with it! The Time Traveler, however...

TL;DR: not a bug, just bad luck.

as far as I know, time traveller talent rolls the "dice" each time you go to work. and each dice roll completely ignores what the result of the previous roll was (that's how luck-based events work in games and real life alike)
if it lands on a specific number, you work again and roll the dice again
if it lands on that number again, you work again and roll the dice again
if it doesn't land on that number, you have to wait until the next day to work and roll the dice

in other words, depending on your luck:
you could spend 10 years without being able to travel in time at all;
OR
10 years being allowed to work over and over until your time/patience runs out  every single day.
and anything in-between

because of how luck works, I always pick videogame weapons by their minimum damage, as the minimum damage can be taken for granted, but the maximun/critical damage can't.
likewise, if you have a talent that is granted to give you +1$$$/day, it'll be more profitable in the long run than the chance-based one because the Random Number Generator doesn't care if you travelled in time yesterday or not:
your odds of travelling in time are always the same, every time you click the "Go to Work" button.
there were a few ocasions when I was allowed to work 3 times in a single day.

so, as long as you're getting this message:

You could not travel in Time. Try again tomorrow!

I'd say this isn't a bug

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

• Index
  •  » Bugs!
  •  » [Archive] Time traveller talent does not work?

Board footer