You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-05-04 00:52:24

gothgirluni
Members

GothGirlUni's this isn't a fashion show review.

While I am not going to do another review, I am rather disappointed at how out of theme so many players are this time. How hard is it to wear a pair of trousers or jeans? I'm seeing skirts, shorts, stockings, whatever, and one or two serious entrants who actually dressed their doll as a tomboy.
Voting will be too hard for me this time. There is too long a delay with the "vote for none of these" option for me to vote only for those on theme.
Goes into corner and cries.

GothGirlUni - Former Moderator for OhMyDollz

#2 2011-05-04 00:56:53

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

Re: GothGirlUni's this isn't a fashion show review.

I know. I feel exactly the same way.
So many diva's not even trying to follow the theme.

#3 2011-05-04 03:26:55

ruealice
Members

I thought the theme was hipster parade and entered my doll with a denim skirt thinking it was on theme... Hahahaha I'm not very familiar with this type of fashion. Is anyone doing the review? I'm interested in doing it, but only on the last day when the votes are in. :)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/silver-stag/omdsigmugilistencopy.png

#4 2011-05-04 03:46:26

sierradane
Members

I've got mine dressed up as tomboy-ish as possible while still looking slightly girly ;)

(jeans, sneakers, basketball, baseball cap, headphones)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#5 2011-05-04 04:37:26

gothgirluni
Members

ruealice wrote:

I thought the theme was hipster parade and entered my doll with a denim skirt thinking it was on theme... Hahahaha I'm not very familiar with this type of fashion. Is anyone doing the review? I'm interested in doing it, but only on the last day when the votes are in. :)

"hipster parade"
That would be because someone tried to run some translation software on a different language version of the show. The meaning behind the words does not always translate!
I certainly was not able to get "Tomboy" out of what babelfish told me!

sierradane wrote:

I've got mine dressed up as tomboy-ish as possible while still looking slightly girly ;)

(jeans, sneakers, basketball, baseball cap, headphones)

There is nothing wrong with a tomboy looking girly. Yours is great! The ball is a nice touch.

#6 2011-05-04 05:56:54

ruealice
Members

Exactly! I look like an anime girl enjoying her weekend in the city =_= I found a lot of awesomely dressed dolls this time though! I've started writing the review already, if you don't mind!

#7 2011-05-04 07:36:01

gothgirluni
Members

ruealice wrote:

Exactly! I look like an anime girl enjoying her weekend in the city =_= I found a lot of awesomely dressed dolls this time though! I've started writing the review already, if you don't mind!

I don't mind at all!

#8 2011-05-04 09:10:09

Ancien joueur yarlyna
Guests

People need to google tomboy fashion & look at images! ;)
shorts can be tomboyish if combined with the right things!
I think that awful (sorry no offence) translation that said it was a Hipster theme has totally messed up the fashion show!!!

They are few & far between but there are some good boyish outfits there & some really good 'boyish with style' ones :)

Last edited by yarlyna (2011-05-04 09:14:30)

#9 2011-05-04 10:01:21

gothgirluni
Members

yarlyna wrote:

People need to google tomboy fashion & look at images! ;)
shorts can be tomboyish if combined with the right things!
I think that awful (sorry no offence) translation that said it was a Hipster theme has totally messed up the fashion show!!!

They are few & far between but there are some good boyish outfits there & some really good 'boyish with style' ones :)

Wearing trousers does not make a girl a tomboy, nor does a tomboy have to wear trousers. It was just that the "required item" was trousers. There are certainly some tomboys wearing shorts in this show.

I'm in discussion with Feerik over the show themes. As so many people ignore them anyway, I'm pushing to have the theme declared as optional. The required items will still need to be purchased from the shop, as that part of the program comes from the French site and can't be changed. The difference would be that players will be allowed to dress as they like, either following the theme or ignoring it as they choose. Hopefully that would make everyone happy.

Mind you, I am still going to vote only for on-theme dolls until the changes are made.

#10 2011-05-04 10:34:19

Ancien joueur yarlyna
Guests

Yes, I beg your pardon this version does say trousers, sorry I'd read both the French Feerik version (which appears on my facebook page^^) & the Italian OMD news which both have a 'bottoms' which could be pants or shorts & they both forbid skirts & dresses.
I totally agree with you saying trousers don't make you boyish - plenty of examples of that in the show this week too!!

I actually love the theme as it makes it a challenge! That's why I & many others I know in the various versions joined in the first place :D

It would be nice to have a topic for commenting on the show, like a critic's corner or something & maybe like the German version names could be omitted if people get so easily offended

#11 2011-05-04 22:23:55

ruealice
Members

I hope the theme isn't taken away, because that's what makes it interesting. :) There would be no point in the fashion show if dolls just dressed up in ballgowns every week. :/

#12 2011-05-04 23:31:32

gothgirluni
Members

ruealice wrote:

I hope the theme isn't taken away, because that's what makes it interesting. :) There would be no point in the fashion show if dolls just dressed up in ballgowns every week. :/

I agree, but at the moment half the people ignore it, and it's not fair on those who follow it. If the theme is optional, it loosens the requirements. You could dress tom-boy inspired, full tomboy, or try your luck with whatever you liked without raising the resentment of those who do wish to follow the theme. I'm trying to make it fair for all.

#13 2011-05-05 05:09:47

ruealice
Members

It's already sort of optional now isn't it? Right now when there's a theme, half the people ignore the theme, and the others follow it. If the theme is made optional, again half the people will ignore it and the other half will follow it. There won't be a difference at all. *shrug* It will only give people an excuse to ignore the theme. I don't care anyway :)

#14 2011-05-07 19:05:34

selinie777
Members
Website

ruealice wrote:

I don't care anyway :)

I don't really know why people are making such big deal about the Fashion Show theme, though I prefer the people joining the Fashion Show to stick with the theme, but it doesn't really matter. It is not in the MUST DOs, or the Rules. So why make such a big deal out of it?
Like Ruealice, I don't care anyways. :)

http://i.imgur.com/Ju08uZ5.png

Board footer