You are not logged in.

Announcement

• Index
  •  » Dusty News
  •  » Exclusive promotion at the Luxury store on OhMyDollz!

#1 2012-03-07 14:08:02

kmilea
Members

Exclusive promotion at the Luxury store on OhMyDollz!

Hi Dollz!

Make the most of this exclusive promotion before the arrival of the new collection at Luxury store!

http://us.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/us/luxe-1.png

During a whole week, at the Luxury store, when you buy a dress, you get the matching accessory for free!

Time for shopping! This promotion is available until March 14 at 10:00 AM (French time).

Good shopping on OhMyDollz!

#2 2012-03-13 17:12:42

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

Re: Exclusive promotion at the Luxury store on OhMyDollz!

I'm not one to post complaints on the Board... information, suggestions, questions, opinions (where requested), yes... complaints, no.

However, I am very unhappy with this Luxury "sale".  After debating long and hard about whether to spend $170 on a dress, I decided the addition of the matching accessories made it (semi)justifiable.  However, when I purchased the Dark Night dress I was extremely dismayed to discover that I only received shoes... not the purse or hairband.

I bought the dress under the distinct impress that I would be getting the accessory (collection) or the accessory(s)... not a (single) accessory.  Given the number of times a word or tense is lost, or incorrectly applied, or garbled in translation, I think this was an understandable conclusion... based on the wording of the News post.

Had I known that I would only be getting a single accessory... and a random one at that, I never would have spent the money!

#3 2012-03-13 18:03:08

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

I hate to say this n0regrets but while it does not state that the accessory you receive is random it does state 'accessory' which is singular tense. It does not say matching accessories. It might be better in future asking the question before making a presumption and complaining when your presumption is incorrect.

#4 2012-03-13 18:49:11

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

Thank you for your reply, anyamalfoy... what you said regarding tense is correct.

I would like to preface my reply by reiterating that, as a rule, I do not post complaints... even when I have them.  The fact that I did post a complaint is, in itself, indicative of my disappointment.  It is not my intention to be argumentative, merely to explain my "presumption".

News post:

During a whole week, at the Luxury store, when you buy a dress, you get the matching accessory for free!

Perhaps, being an English major, I am overthinking the construct of this sentence.  If there was only "the" accessory (i.e. one accessory), with no others available... this sentence would be correct.  Since there is more than "the" accessory (i.e. multiple matching accessories)... the correct language would be "an" accessory or, alternately, "the" accessories or "the" accessory (collection).  Frankly, it wouldn't be much of a "sale" if only a single $20 hairband was included with a $170 dress.  My inference, using the context clues of a sentence, is understandable... particularly given that there is more than "the" accessory in the Dark Night collection.

Perhaps, this reasoning is also understandable, given the many translation errors we (understandably) experience on an international site... most notably, the "in your clothes" vs "in your clutches" post comes to mind.

It has also been my experience that administrative clarification (if any) is not always provided in a timely manner... again, in part, because of the international nature of the site.  With only a few hours before this promotion ended... I made what I felt to be a reasonable but, ultimately, incorrect supposition.

And, certainly, the fact that "the" accessory is random is not mentioned at all.  Given that I have 20 pairs of black shoes, if I have one... shoes would not have been the accessory I would have chosen.

In the end, it is an expensive lesson learned... and information I can share with anyone else considering taking advantage of this "sale" before it ends.

Last edited by n0regrets (Today 19:28:16)
***Edit:  Not one, but two, punctuation errors!  Sorry... I couldn't stand it :P  I hate to edit posts, since you never know what the original text might have said... but this was simply an extra quotation mark and missing comma. OCD strikes again!***

honteEdit #2:

I submitted a ticket regarding this issue, because I felt very strongly that the information was incomplete, and misleading... whether based on translation or context.

One of the points I made in my ticket was if discussion, clarification, or further information had been offered on the French Forum based on experiences similar to mine... that that information was not provided to US players.

Daily diva duties done, I became curious if such a discussion had occurred on the French site.  To demonstrate my previous point about administrative information not always being provided in a timely manner, I would like to add this update which was posted to the French Forum on March 7th:

Sarah wrote:

07-03-2012 2:11:47 p.m.

Re: [Nouveautés] Promo exclusive à la boutique Luxury sur OhMyDollz !
Hello girls,

For once went wrong information. We would have to ensure that the principle of collection as it exists for the luxury boutiques had been understood.

Since this is not the case, we will do this time if the impasse. The current collection remains until you change the collection to be held in September. Until then we will count down as the OhMyBoutique, as you will have time to prepare.

Here, I will go and edit the news!

Good afternoon to all!

Therefore, not only was the News post here unclear... there had been subsequent changes regarding the Luxury Collection and its imminent departure.

Again, had this information been provided to us (i.e. collection available until September with a corresponding countdown timer)... I would not have made this purchase, based on our information that this collection was being removed tomorrow.

Last edited by n0regrets (2012-03-13 21:16:40)

• Index
  •  » Dusty News
  •  » Exclusive promotion at the Luxury store on OhMyDollz!

Board footer