You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2012-05-22 03:22:33

rosered86
Members

Re: Special Cannes Festival quest!

joanna20 wrote:

Oh, then I must have misunderstood because I thought we got a permanent $7 job and then an additional $1 every day on top of that for 100 days ouf

That's what I though too.

#27 2012-05-22 03:44:53

cookiebear
Members

Almost done with this quest.... but now I'm reconsidering doing it... I have absolutely NO idea what to do with all of this stuff. But I REALLY want that room, I'm in a need of a new room because the japanese one from the last quest is small. Has anyone obtained it yet? Exactly how big is it?

Last edited by cookiebear (2012-05-22 03:47:24)

#28 2012-05-22 03:57:25

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

rosered86 wrote:

joanna20 wrote:

Oh, then I must have misunderstood because I thought we got a permanent $7 job and then an additional $1 every day on top of that for 100 days ouf

That's what I though too.

I'm sorry!  My bad.  I think you both are right and I was the one who mis-read it. (It's been a hectic afternoon for me.)

Again, upon re-reading it, I think you are right in that it's a permanant $7/day job with a $1 bonus for 100 days.

I hope I didn't mistakenly affect anyone's choice adversely.  Sorry again for my mistake, folks. :(

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#29 2012-05-22 04:10:46

ilovem12
Members
Website

cookiebear wrote:

Almost done with this quest.... but now I'm reconsidering doing it... I have absolutely NO idea what to do with all of this stuff. But I REALLY want that room, I'm in a need of a new room because the japanese one from the last quest is small. Has anyone obtained it yet? Exactly how big is it?

It's fairly large, on of the biggest in my opionon, cause there's the secret garden at the end in the new room far to right ^.^ I'm happy that I got the room, just crying cause my 216 DB turned into 16ish...
>.>'

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ml-IWPGl0sM/Uf_XT01vzbI/AAAAAAAAAt0/jMEyFVGzBzc/w400-h200-no/wallpaper30-1024x768.jpg
"I'm pure at heart, it repels the dirt" - Mortal Instruments
My photography:http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic … 33&p=1

#30 2012-05-22 04:58:06

wcf25782
Members

Me personaly, I chose the 7$ a day plus the one dollar bonus for a 100 days because I figured this way I would earn all  of the money back I had spent on the quest and then do a quest next time with a room.

#31 2012-05-22 05:03:27

rosered86
Members

I just did both endings and I don't the new job in a career tab. Maybe I should have done the room ending first. 

Wait I just thought of something, I already have a movie star job from another quest could that job be some one they're offering from this quest?

Last edited by rosered86 (2012-05-22 05:08:21)

#32 2012-05-22 06:23:42

dragonmcbaine
Members

I was wondering about those of us who have the $$1 extra from a couple of months ago. Will that be added so we get $$2 extra a day or will they just continue with the one $$. I don't even know when my extra $$ ends so if they don't give you $$1 for this quest plus the one from last year is it even worth it?

"Well, personally, I kind of want to slay the dragon."
                          -ANGEL (FROM ANGELTHESERIES)"

#33 2012-05-22 08:42:59

mikomi
Members

dragonmcbaine wrote:

I was wondering about those of us who have the $$1 extra from a couple of months ago. Will that be added so we get $$2 extra a day or will they just continue with the one $$. I don't even know when my extra $$ ends so if they don't give you $$1 for this quest plus the one from last year is it even worth it?

Sarah explained it on french thread that we always receive +1$$$ but the time you receive the bonus salary will be extended for additional amount of days (100)

Also thank you nicoleong9 for the guide ^.^ I know from experience how time consuming are those.

#34 2012-05-22 11:53:01

lilysummers
Members

I am pretty sure, If you believe the side add for this adventure ( you know, the long thin changing add on the right side of your loft ) that the 7 job is a permanent one + 1 for 100 days...wich would make sense because they offered us something like this previously as a reward..ofc i might have overlooked something the others read stating the opposite.

#35 2012-05-22 12:19:01

nicoleong9
Members

Well, based off what I did, the job is:
-Movie Star - A permanent $7 job, which I think some other people have already gotten from previous quests
AND
-+$1 to ANY job you have, for 100 days.

To anyone who wants to see the room, you can check it out at my alt Snowdiva, but I'm pretty sure quite a few other dolls would already have the room and decorated it, while mine is still empty for now.

Personally no a fan of the room, but I really DO like the white lion with wings, the wig and sprakles... But I like the brown + leopard print furniture, purple animated side window and $7 job from the first ending... I don't know which to choose >.< I usually only do quests for the rooms, but since I don't really like this room I'm not sure if I should make this an exception or just not start like I did for the past 2 quests...

#36 2012-05-22 12:25:45

sierradane
Members

I did both endings, so I suppose I should check to see if I got another choice for a 7 DB a day job and update the 100 day +1DB (just a reminder for myself for when that should end)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#37 2012-05-22 12:31:48

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

babykitty wrote:

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had the Room for this quest...I really want to see what it actually looks like before I go ahead and blow off $199 :)

Yes, I have the room. You can look at it.

#38 2012-05-22 14:34:47

dyingneko
Members

selinie777 wrote:

I personally don't mind getting quests this often. At least, when I have the money for it... LOL

I LOVE this quest!

same here :D since I've got some money now, I like to get new rooms and cool stuff so often^^
of course, if I wouldn't be able to do new quests I'd be disappointed intr

https://i.imgur.com/iBiTuAe.jpg

#39 2012-05-22 14:49:33

nicoleong9
Members

dyingneko wrote:

selinie777 wrote:

I personally don't mind getting quests this often. At least, when I have the money for it... LOL

I LOVE this quest!

same here :D since I've got some money now, I like to get new rooms and cool stuff so often^^
of course, if I wouldn't be able to do new quests I'd be disappointed intr

Might just be me... But I actually don't mind when I can't do some quests... I can't buy Fee'z or anything, but I guess I just force myself to be extremely picky when it comes to quests. The moment I find something I don't like about it, I just tell myself that I absolutely do not need/want it. And after that, I just ignore it... Maybe it's because I grew up with the 'If you don't need it, don't buy it' mentality... I only do quests that I absolute love and know where to put everything, so I guess I'm fine with all these releases. (That is until they release 5 awesome quests all in a month, then I'll start complaining XD)

#40 2012-05-22 19:05:27

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

I can confirm that the Movie Star job is the same one as offered previously.

#41 2012-05-22 19:41:38

rosered86
Members

anyamalfoy wrote:

I can confirm that the Movie Star job is the same one as offered previously.

Thank you for confirming it, I was a little worried for awhile.

#42 2012-05-23 11:03:40

Ancien joueur elorwin
Guests

Heya sorry for being really dumb if its already up but I was wondering if anyone had made a guide for the rewards you receive in this quest. Like I know there is cute looking Lion.

I really liked the old style where you could see all the gifts by hoovering over the stages.

#43 2012-05-23 11:31:43

nicoleong9
Members

elorwin wrote:

Heya sorry for being really dumb if its already up but I was wondering if anyone had made a guide for the rewards you receive in this quest. Like I know there is cute looking Lion.

I really liked the old style where you could see all the gifts by hoovering over the stages.

I don't think anyone has made a guide for it, because it can be seen very easily now from the quests page. Just click on quest and 'see all gifts' at the bottom right of the 'rewards' box.

Personally I prefer the new style, as it's less distracting and easier to see all the gifts at one go. (Plus, my computer seems to glitch up a bit, so I couldn't see the gifts occasionally.) And this way, there's no banner at the top that would affect voting, so I won't have to scroll down as much. XD

#44 2012-05-23 14:27:10

mischiefmker
Members
Website

Ok, I don't know if I'm just being blind, but I looked everywhere on the quest page and couldn't find the button to see all the rewards...

#45 2012-05-23 16:17:40

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

mischiefmker wrote:

Ok, I don't know if I'm just being blind, but I looked everywhere on the quest page and couldn't find the button to see all the rewards...

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab240/cocomariebelle/Capture-2.png

I did however check on one of my alt dolls & the "show gifts" option wasn't there.  Not sure why its not since that doll has been verified & the option to "show gifts" shows up for my other dolls so I wouldnt think its an issue to do with my browser..

#46 2012-05-23 22:58:34

paperlife
Chat moderator

I didn't think this quest was worth the money, then I saw the awesome room, and some of the dresses are so cute!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#47 2012-05-24 02:12:02

mischiefmker
Members
Website

Yeah that isn't there, and since I can't see the rewards, I won't spend the little I have saved up so far towards any of it.

#48 2012-05-24 08:39:27

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

My 2012 OMD resolution was to try and get $7 salaries for all my accounts... there were enough items of interest in the Cannes adventure that I did complete the Movie Star path tonight.

quoi I didn't see this covered, so my question is:

For dollz who are already receiving the 1$$$ bonus from the Addicted to Shopping/Boutique Room adventure... does the new 1$$$ bonus for 100 days start AFTER the other expires?  Or by doing the adventure early, did I cheat myself out of the last 7 days of Boutique bonus I am entitled to??

Per the information provided to willowskye by the GM in this thread ( http://us.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4924 ), the Addicted to Shopping/Boutique bonus ends on June 1st, as the result of an earlier bug.

willowskye wrote:

From the email I received from the GM concerning this bug:

"The problem concerning the 1$$$ salary bonus has been fixed. You can tell the players that the payment goes on and that it has been extended to June 1st so to give compensation to the players who didn't get it for a few days."

Today is May 24th, meaning there are still 7 days left for the Boutique bonus.  I wasn't certain if the Movie Star bonus would be applied concurrently... but after receiving my new job and working tonight, I can report that only one 1$$$ bonus was received.

Can anyone clarify whether our 100 day bonus begins on June 1st (for those already getting the Boutique bonus)... or whether we lost the first bonus when we earned the second???

#49 2012-05-24 16:14:51

silverbast
Members

Why is the banner back at the top of page?  I, for one, have slower internet and it causes problems with actual play.  It was great when I could just go to quest and look at gifts.  This way, adventures cause problems the whole time they run.  Does anyone else have this problem?

#50 2012-05-26 03:42:02

prettyte2
Members

joanna20 wrote:

Im pretty sure you're right! the bonus is the xtra dollar but a permanent 7 dollar job.

Board footer