You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 2012-05-26 03:57:12

sierradane
Members

Re: Special Cannes Festival quest!

n0regrets wrote:

My 2012 OMD resolution was to try and get $7 salaries for all my accounts... there were enough items of interest in the Cannes adventure that I did complete the Movie Star path tonight.

quoi I didn't see this covered, so my question is:

For dollz who are already receiving the 1$$$ bonus from the Addicted to Shopping/Boutique Room adventure... does the new 1$$$ bonus for 100 days start AFTER the other expires?  Or by doing the adventure early, did I cheat myself out of the last 7 days of Boutique bonus I am entitled to??

Per the information provided to willowskye by the GM in this thread ( http://us.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4924 ), the Addicted to Shopping/Boutique bonus ends on June 1st, as the result of an earlier bug.

willowskye wrote:

From the email I received from the GM concerning this bug:

"The problem concerning the 1$$$ salary bonus has been fixed. You can tell the players that the payment goes on and that it has been extended to June 1st so to give compensation to the players who didn't get it for a few days."

Today is May 24th, meaning there are still 7 days left for the Boutique bonus.  I wasn't certain if the Movie Star bonus would be applied concurrently... but after receiving my new job and working tonight, I can report that only one 1$$$ bonus was received.

Can anyone clarify whether our 100 day bonus begins on June 1st (for those already getting the Boutique bonus)... or whether we lost the first bonus when we earned the second???

Well I certainly hope that the extra 100 +1 DB starts when the other one ends.  Second Extra +1 DB started 5/21 and should go until Aug 8, 2012 for 100 days.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#52 2012-05-26 18:11:03

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

sierradane wrote:
Well I certainly hope that the extra 100 +1 DB starts when the other one ends.  Second Extra +1 DB started 5/21 and should go until Aug 8, 2012 for 100 days.

And I certainly hope the same thing, which is why I posed the question... especially since I am one of the players who WAS affected by the 1$$$ bug on all my accounts.  I have already lost part of the first 1$$$ bonus (which the extension is supposed to make up for).  If I then lose the last 7 days of the Addicted to Shopping because the Cannes bonus started on the 24th, not the 1st... in essence, I will not be compensated for the OhMyDollarz lost as a result of the previous glitch.

Your math would be good, if the Cannes bonus started on the 21st, but that does not take into account the end date of the Addicted to Shopping bonus... which is why we need clarification/confirmation from the Admin.

I am concerned that this question is getting lost in the length of this post, so if it is not answered shortly... I will move it to Dollz Discussions.  Sorry if that seems impatient, but it is a valid question.

I know $7 lost does not seems like much, but I have missed completing an adventure by a mere 2$$$... my daughter recently missed the New-lywood room by 4$$$.

#53 2012-05-27 09:11:23

laurabow
Members

nicoleong9 wrote:

Might just be me... But I actually don't mind when I can't do some quests... I can't buy Fee'z or anything, but I guess I just force myself to be extremely picky when it comes to quests. The moment I find something I don't like about it, I just tell myself that I absolutely do not need/want it. And after that, I just ignore it... Maybe it's because I grew up with the 'If you don't need it, don't buy it' mentality... I only do quests that I absolute love and know where to put everything, so I guess I'm fine with all these releases. (That is until they release 5 awesome quests all in a month, then I'll start complaining XD)

Agreed.  The moment I saw this quest I thought, "THIS is what I have been saving for!"  Other times, if there's a nice item on a later step, I look at the previous steps and decide if the items I'd be buying/receiving are things I like and worth the money.  If not, then the quest isn't for me.

Board footer