You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-11-11 17:23:23

sierradane
Members

Daily voting: +2 vs +1

This might "open up a can of worms" or might be a "pandora's box" of varying opinions, or other emotions.  I know that I am not the only one that this is something that "bugs the daylights" out of me.

I do know that with daily voting, the one who returns the votes DOES have a choice in whether they return +2 or just +1.  And I DO know that most DV'ers might give a doll only +1 just to even out the lifetime votes.  BUT... those who have voted more than likely wants +2 even though they only gave +1. 

Here's where the lid or can opens.

I probably would be safe in saying that more than half of Daily Voters prefer +2 instead of just +1 because all of us in this group are obsessive in keeping the lifetime votes even.  There is a reason for that other than a slight case of OCD'ness. 

I've seen so many of my fellow Daily Voters with the message of:  "If you won't give +2 then don't vote at all."  I agree with that sentiment, oh how I do.  When someone gives +1 for the first time, I "shake it off" as "not knowing."  I might leave a note to them about how 'most DV's prefer +2 instead of +1' and the next time that person votes they do +2.  But there are some who, even after a note, continues to do the +1.

Who else feels the way I do?  More than me, I'm sure.

Or are all of us "keep my lifetime votes even" DV'ers just too obsessive?

Last edited by sierradane (2012-11-11 17:28:35)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#2 2012-11-11 20:02:02

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

Re: Daily voting: +2 vs +1

I'm not that bothered about my votes being even. It bugs a bit now I've been evened out by players.
I don't tend to vote back to people who only vote for me once. It depends on the time I've got when I'm doing my voting. If I'm short of time they get skipped.

#3 2012-11-11 21:22:23

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

I don't care if they are even.  I don't daily vote & if I return votes & I see someone hasn't done anything to their loft, I won't leave a vote for the loft.  I find it a bit presumptuous for people to say "I only accept +2" 

I think in the case of trading daily votes though, if you are in an agreement to exchange votes & you give 2 votes they need to give you 2 votes.

#4 2012-11-12 00:38:41

sierradane
Members

It seems there are more out there that feels like I do but probably won't post about it.  I guess I'm more "ocd'ish" than what I realized.  (you should see me at home when it comes to stacking dishes or if I get something sticky on my hands)

I think that as far as being in an agreement beforehand with DVing, for the most part it's somewhat an unspoken thing.

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#5 2012-11-12 02:52:41

laurabow
Members

It feels like too much emphasis is placed on voting.

You should vote for someone's doll and loft because you like what you see, not because of an obligation.

sierradane wrote:

When someone gives +1 for the first time, I "shake it off" as "not knowing."  I might leave a note to them about how 'most DV's prefer +2 instead of +1' and the next time that person votes they do +2.  But there are some who, even after a note, continues to do the +1.

Perhaps that person has one account and 20 divas they'd like to vote for.  They can only give one vote to each, or have to alternate who they give two votes to.
mang

#6 2012-11-12 04:39:14

lilylondon
Members

I used to love wanting to have my votes even, but now I figure that it's simply a matter of opinion. If they like your doll, then they'll give a vote. If they like your condo, they'll give a vote. If they like both, they'll give two votes. Yet it's all down to the voter and whether they  like your doll, condo or both.

#7 2012-11-12 13:22:07

malu
Members

I get OCD when I have uneven votes but I don't mind if they vote +1 instead of +2 to just even my votes out. [I am not talking about Daily voting here.] When I want to even somebody's votes out, if they are a daily voter, I daily vote first and then sign onto another account and even it out.
I agree with Coco. If they decide to daily vote with me they should give me +2 not +1. It kinda annoys me to know the fact that I spend my time giving them +2 votes while they might of just given me +1.
And, LilyLondon, Yea.. you kinda have a point there. I think I'll try that concept and see if I don't have any nightmares about it. [Thank you]
Surprisingly, I had told everyone to keep the lifetime votes even for about a week in my news and then since it took space I cut out that part. After that nobody has made it uneven. Or do I have a 'keep the votes even' stalker that keeps my votes even?
O.o Something to think about really.

Last edited by malu (2012-11-12 13:25:41)

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#8 2012-11-12 16:13:33

sierradane
Members

What is annoying is when someone gives you the +1 (maybe they're new) and I vote back +2.  They then vote back +1 so I vote back +1 and they send me a PM chewing me out for not voting them +2. 

So if you ever see a public message on a doll's page that might say:

+1:  You get what you give; if you want +2... give +2

then it's to a doll that insists on giving me +1 but demands +2 from me.

I'm like Malu with my voting buddies/Daily Voters in that if someone has uneven votes, I'll log another doll in to even it out then leave a note stating that fact.  Of my dolls I have, 8-9 of them aren't actually so much for voting so I'll have plenty of votes left to even out.  I do occasionally use all of them to return votes.

Last edited by sierradane (2012-11-12 16:14:25)

#9 2012-11-12 18:47:57

avivah
Members

Yes Sierra maybe a little too obsessive to even mention it.(LOL) I don't do them often, and don't have any daily voter friends (omg who has time) when doing the LEVELS though, it will only say you need 10 loft votes for next level round, so when scrambling for that you only need one from any player. Thought that might be a good reason to give only one. Rarely do I have time for comments section, so a month later when I see someone randomly gave me a vote, I try to give back

Friends are like sisters you choose for yourself.  Bonnie Jensen.

#10 2012-11-12 20:23:42

angelfire
Members
Website

even votes are the best. Don't ask me why but I do agree with Sierra.
I just like them the same. I don't care if a player likes my doll but not my loft or vice versa...just keep them the same!!

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#11 2012-11-12 21:42:11

lilysummers
Members

I know a lot of dolls have little notes saying to please keep things even, and i will happily accommodate them.( makes me laugh each time i see it :)
Personaly i am not bothered by uneven totals.
I know when you've been daily voting for a long time sertain social do's and dont's develop( only natural)  and it is easy to forget these votes that are stacking up are actualy little compliments for your creations so i try never to take them for granted.
I dont expect anyone to vote for me and think of my own votes as voluntary without any expectations attached of it being a trade even though i have a group of dolls i try to vote for daily.
that way i am always happy with the ones i do get and never feel like its a chore I have to obsess over if i cant get to it on occasion.
Its intirely possible that someone loves your loft design but isnt too crazy about your dolls fashion sense or vice versa..oppinions are like votes girls, voluntary! :P

Last edited by lilysummers (2012-11-12 21:44:27)

#12 2012-11-13 23:39:16

historygeek
Members

When daily voting, I believe it's important to vote evenly.  I guess because I see the point of daily voting to mean you are voting for both doll & loft. There are very few people I vote for who don't have a nice doll & nice loft.  Only brand new players tend to not 'deserve' both because they haven't had time to buy lots of clothes or furniture.

I do understand different people have different goals with their dolls. I've recently asked friends to even out some of my other accounts (because it was bugging me that they were so uneven). When I first started with them, I didn't really care but now that they are really developed it's nice to have even lifetime totals.

I think daily voting is important to OMD. After all, there is only so much shopping and rearranging one can do because we are limited by our amount of divabucks (and salary). I also see daily voting (as at least one of my friends has written) as a way to stop by and say hi.

#13 2012-11-14 13:09:57

sierradane
Members

I guess if the ones who only give me the +1 are only doing it to fufill a level goal, then more than likely they probably don't care if I vote back.  And by the way... to my knowledge of the Levels (I'm level 201) there is not a requirement that you vote for 20 dolls in one day.  The most is 10 dolls in one day so that wouldn't be a reason.

I'm just guessing that it's either a new player who doesn't understand the way that most DV'ers exchange votes (that's "VOTES" not "VOTE") or it's an individual who enjoys making an unknown new doll to throw off the votes of those who have put in their news: Please keep my lifetime votes even.

And I do agree, a newer player doesn't have a lot in their lofts (unless they've spent a lot of RL money) so it would be understandable to only vote for their doll.

Board footer