#28 2012-12-01 18:52:45

kieramsmileys
Members

Re: Winter Talents Contest

The winner of the raffle is...

TIKKIWIK!!!

Here is your edited pic:
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k551/goddess1234/RafflePrize.png

Votes will be given with my alts over the next three days. Please let me know which gift you would like :)

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k551/goddess1234/Untitled-1.png

#29 2012-12-01 21:40:44

tikkiwik
Members

OHMYGOSH! THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH I LOVE THEM! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh m g. Thanks so much!

#30 2012-12-02 05:10:09

bebepat
Members

Congratulations Tikkiwik for winning the raffle!

http://i.imgur.com/3TC1bed.png

#31 2012-12-02 09:17:53

kieramsmileys
Members

Your gift has been given.

#32 2012-12-03 07:03:56

tikkiwik
Members

Thanks @bebepat and @Kieramsmileys! I have finished my story but it is a fail and I really hope nobody copies my idea with the comparison thingy. Although my storie is a pretty big fail

Another world A comparison of winter in America to outback Australia.
Friday 21st December (Alicia’s Diary.)
Dear Diary,
This morning I woke up and stepped outside onto the veranda. I looked out to the driveway and saw it absolutely buried in snow! How is dad going to shovel all of that out? He hates winter. I don’t understand why though! I love winter. I look up at the sky and watch the gentle snowflakes land on my nose. Soon it’s Christmas and I don’t know what to get mum. There are so many choices! Here in America there are shops everywhere. I am now going to write to my pen pal.
Love Alicia.

Sunday 23rd December (Zoe’s diary.)
Dear Diary,
This morning I woke up and stepped onto the veranda. I looked out to the driveway and saw it was still dusty as ever. I had a letter from my pen pal, she was telling me about the snow and how every single snow flake is different. I look up at the sky to see the windmill still turning as the harsh sun beats on my face.  Soon it’s Christmas, and I am having trouble finding a present for Gran as there are barely any shops around outback Australia. I’m going to go and reply to my pen pal’s message now!
XX Zoe.

Monday 25th December (Alicia’s Diary.)
Wahoo! Christmas! I decided on a beautiful necklace for mum. It really is gorgeous and suits her so well! I got a portable DVD player, Snow gloves and boots, a beautiful dress and some pretty earrings! What a great day! Now I am going tobogganing. I wonder what Zoe, my pen pal, is doing for Christmas. I got a lovely letter from her talking about how she breeds horses!
Love Alicia.

Monday 25th December (Zoe’s Diary.)
It’s Christmas now! I decided to give Gran a six pack of hankies and a $20 gift voucher for the supermarket. Hey! Don’t judge me! I didn’t really have a choice! I got a saddle and bridle for my horse carol! What a great day! Now I am going for a ride on my horse. I wonder when Alicia, my pen pal, is going to write back.
XX Zoe.

Saturday 31st December (Alicia’s Diary.)
Everyone in our street still has their Christmas lights on! They are so beautiful; nobody WANTS to take them down! There are reindeer’s that glow and fairy lights twisted around bushes of holly. Everyone on our street makes the most beautiful light displays, when we have competitions, someone in our street always wins.
Love Alicia.

Monday 2nd January (Zoe’s Diary.)
I got a letter from Alicia saying how beautiful the lights were in her city. We went for a drive to see if we have any lights around, but the best we found was a lousy string of fairy lights around a stupid little tree. It is almost time to go back to my school of 30 kids. Oh, how I would love to live in America, the beautiful snow, lights and shops galore! I do hope we will see each other soon.
Xx Zoe.

Wednesday 4th January (Alicia’s Diary.)
I got a letter from Zoe saying how well the saddle and bridle suits Carol. We had a look at the local horse farm, but they were all scrawny and not at all looked after well. It is almost time to go to my huge school of 1000 kids. Oh, how I would love to live in the outback, the serenity, beautiful animals and feeding baby animals. But then again. Everyone always takes what they have for granted.
Love Alicia.

Last edited by tikkiwik (2012-12-03 07:07:28)

#33 2012-12-03 07:28:04

kieramsmileys
Members

I LOVE your story! Great idea about the comparison ;)

#34 2012-12-03 14:27:21

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Hi Kiera!
  I was wondering if I could participate in the song/lyrics competition with this song. I wrote it for a winter fanfiction and then decided not to use it. It's about the ice queen's heart melting...Well...Tell you what just read it. If you don't think it's suitable, tell me and I'll remove it. No biggie! And please no high expectations. It's not good.

For the one that warmed my heart

Ding Ding Dong, I sing this song
For that one I loved for long
For those sweet eyes, that warm my heart
On those long freezing nights
For a snow-white heart, forever pure
For every scar that you can cure

Ding Ding Dong ... Ding Ding Dong

My lips were blue, my fingers too
Until your warm touch proved it true
The wind might blow and it might snow
But I'm warm right here next to you
The sun will shine and the snow will go
But you'll still love me. Of that I'm sure.

Ding Ding Dong ... Ding Ding Dong

Ding Ding Dong. I wrote this song
Because my love was just too strong
For a year or two. For centuries too.
I want our tale forever sung.
Of long lost hope. Of the Ice Queen.
And of the man that became my King.

Ding Ding Dong. ... Ding Ding Dong

Ding ... Ding ... Dong

(I might give you a video of me singing it...But that's well...a very small probability.)

Last edited by darkelfqueen (2012-12-03 16:00:44)

#35 2012-12-03 16:23:03

kieramsmileys
Members

Are you kidding? That's AMAZING! Added it to the first post

#36 2012-12-13 12:33:44

bloodyemos
Members
Website

Well...mines a Christmasy one.

Jingle, Jingle
Down the chimney he came
With his sack full of joys
To put under the tree
For all the good girls and good boys.
When he finished his fun
It was time to depart
But not without taking a part
In the milk and cookies that warm the heart.
He left as quietly as he came
To jingle, jingle
For the rest of the good girls and good boys.

http://i.imgur.com/cArCc6e.png
Soldier to Be Following Enlisted, My Heart
Tumblr: The-Steampunk-Paradox|Snapchat: KatInsanity1102

#37 2012-12-13 18:12:01

kieramsmileys
Members

Added to the first post, great job! fete

#38 2012-12-13 18:47:30

malu
Members

Kiera ~ I wanna drop out of the contest. Sorry.

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#39 2012-12-18 06:50:03

rarity
the undying
Website

http://25.media.tumblr.com/138fc2a97284bda6b927e7ed44fff997/tumblr_mf7pahkYEi1r6gvy5o1_500.jpg

My entry for the Art section.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zegnro.jpg
          * The wind is howling...

TUMBLR: reynir|            INSTA fierce.scarlet

#40 2012-12-19 11:32:26

amaryllis-love
Members

Here's the story. :D If it's too long, please let me know.

Winter wishes.

People say that with winter, comes hope. Hope that our dreams will come true. Hope that the following year would bring new surprises, and that we will finally get what we want. Hope that we'll lose all the fat we'd gain this winter. Hope that you'll find love.
And what do I hope for? That I'll finally get my big bonus and with it, the new Marc Jacob's dress I have been literally dying to get. I have been saving all my paychecks for this dress, and I'll be damned if I don't get it by Christmas. So. Santa, are you there? If so, I WANT MY DRESS THIS CHRISTMAS!

On the morning of the 3rd of December, I woke up to my wretched alarm going off to the tune of God Father. I shut it off and just lay there until the second alarm went off, buzzing me awake. The rest was a bit hazy until I had my morning coffee. Even then, I still felt like a zombie. A rotting, dead zombie, which was slowly coming alive.
"Work. I have to get to work." I mumbled to myself as I made my way to the shower. Not remembering to turn on the hot water before, I shrieked as the cold water hit me like a big pile of ice cold pincers. "I HATE WINTER!" I screamed as I turned it off and started the process all over again.

``````````````````````````````
"And that will be 345 dollars. Thank you and please come again." I said as pleasantly as I could to the slightly balding guy who was buying a present for his daughter. I know, because he asked my opinion on the Stephanie Dress that he was getting for his daughter, as if the other countless salesperson's opinions weren't enough.
I work at Hollmann, a clothing boutique in Austria. Working at a boutique has it's perks, like getting the employee discount on everything, free meal, and free to try on new arrivals. I love it here, except for one small glitch. I have to take two trains to get here, so I have to get up at 5 a.m in the morning if I want to come on time. Still, it's all for the new Marc Jacobs dress that Hollmann is getting as new Arrival this Christmas.

````````````````````
"Did you hear? They are bringing The Dress a week earlier! Can you believe it?! We'll get to see it a week earlier!" Macy screeched as we closed up the boutique later that evening.

"And you didn't tell me this before because..?!" I asked her, raising my eyebrows.

"We were all busy with customers all day long and on break you disappeared with that Nick boy." She said shrugging casually.
Nick was my best friend in this part and Macy knows that I always go to his house to have lunch. Not that there's anything going on between us. Nope. But a girl can dream, right?

"Fine. But this is not, like, a rumor that June started, is it?" June was the assistant manager, and she tends to stretch the truth more than enough times.

"Of course not! I overheard Amy talking to Brad about it. And you know how her mother is a model." She said, sighing happily.

"Okay. I believe you." I said no more and waved goodbye to her as I headed for the train station, praying that the little conversation didn't make me miss my train.

````````````````
The days went by fast and it was already the week of the New Arrivals. I was buzzing with excitement, and praying that I won't be too late for work. The other night, I went to a party Amy threw for all her friends. I don't know what that party was held for, but I thought I might check it out.
Turns out plenty of people who didn't even know either Amy, or any of us crashed the party and ruined it.
When I got to her pent house, late as usual, Amy had pulled me aside and introduced me to a guy named... named.. err, I don't even remember his name. Let's call him Jack. Yes. So Jack, started talking to me and we really hit it off. We were talking about chopsticks and then, and then something to do with hobos when I found myself laughing uncontrollably with him.
And that's when the party crashers hit. They went around skinny dipping in the cold as ice pool, which wasn't totally frozen yet. And started throwing beer bottles and champagne and candy everywhere, and trashing the whole backyard. Yeah, fun party. Not. They even started a fight with Amy's brother, and then the cops came and broke it off so we all had to drag our behinds home much earlier than expected. But it was still pretty late for me as I had to take a train to get home.

```````````````````````
"I'm brain-dead." Macy said in a small voice as she rested her head on the counter where I was sitting.

"Get up before June spots you!" I hissed at her. If June found out any of us lying about in the boutique, she would report us instantly to the general manager, and my God, that man can yell.

"She was at the party too! She can't be here this early!" She exclaimed, and instantly regretted pulling her head up to look at me. She groaned and went back to lying on my counter.

"Yes she is. And I was there too, but I came back earlier than you did. So stop your whining." I chastised her and pushed her off the counter as the first cargo came in the truck.

"THE NEW ARRIVALS ARE HERE!" I screamed, making Macy hiss at me. I didn't even care, as I unlocked the back doors and went running to the truck, grabbing my coat and putting it on. Unfortunately, a pink monster attacked me.

"Sign here please." The delivery man said to June as she pushed me out of the way. I skidded on the slippery pavement, nearly falling into a heap on it. I glared at her perfectly made up hair, not even an inch of hair out of place in the damn cold. Her pink coat perfectly clung in all the right parts, and those heels could make a giant squeal in pain.

They opened up the back of the truck and I got to see a glimpse of the plastic wrapped dresses. Still, I'm so close to getting my hands on that dress. June made me carry some of the boxes inside, and I for once, happily obliged because I could be carrying in The Dress.

``````````````````````````
"It's... I can't believe it.. IT'S NOT HERE!" I wailed as we pored over the new Arrivals. That's right. The. Dress. Was. Not. Here. It would be an understatement to say that I was devastated. More than that, I was officially going through the stages of grief equivalent to that of a loved one dying.

"You said it would be here!" I yelled at Macy. She looked taken aback, and a little scared at my outburst since I have never showed any distraught since I started working here.

"We should talk to Amy about it. She'll know." She replied, nodding determined.

"Where is she?!" I asked her next, tears starting to form in my eyes. I will NOT cry here.

"She hasn't come in yet. But we'll talk to her and we'll ask her what went wrong. Okay?" Macy said in a soothing voice. I sniffed, nodding.

That moment, she came in bounding and singing Christmas carols.

"Amy, did you tell Brad that The Dress was arriving today?"
I asked her, interrupting her mid carol.

"Er, yeah. Have you seen it? It's gorgeous isn't it?!" She said, smiling happily.

"It's. Not. Here!" I said the words separately, slowly.

"It's not? But-Mother was so sure that it would be here." She said, dumbfounded.

"Well, it isn't! So call your mom up and ask her!" Macy said, annoyed.

Amy nodded and went to hang her coat up before calling her mother. She came back after a few minutes and said,

"Um, guys, she said that The Dress will not be in this store. She said that June got a better offer from MiuMiu so.." She said, nearly in tears.

"So she refused the dress?! That is stupid!!" I screamed, legitly crying now.

"You can still get it at the other store!" Macy said trying to soothe me.
But I knew that I won't get there in time. It's already 9:50 a.m and they were supposed to bring only five of The Dress. I have got work, and paperwork to do today, and I'll never get there on time.

"No I won't. And you know it. Bloody June would never let me take the day off." I said. I stopped crying and wiped my tears away, already thinking about new customers.

"Let's get to work. We need these dresses on the mannequins by 10:15." They all looked at me for a moment, and nodded. I didn't think about The Dress, much, until I got home late that night.
And as I looked out my window at the falling snow while sipping hot cocoa, I cried over The Dress that I did not have. 

What did I hope for? The Dress. Do I get it? We'll never know. So Santa, this time, I'm wishing for a miracle to happen on this cold winter. Get me my dress!

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/Malulala/and-ariel-art-beautiful-black-Favim_zpsd3b4a655.jpg

Snapchat: lurkingpanda
Instagram: lil.miss.loco

#41 2012-12-19 17:23:53

kieramsmileys
Members

Both added to the first post :)

#42 2012-12-22 01:48:34

bebepat
Members

Kieramsmileys, Ill drop out on the poem/song category... but still be on the others left though Im not yet done doing it... ouf

#43 2012-12-22 05:58:56

bebepat
Members

Short Story Entry: The Perfect Christmas Eve
Once there was a girl named Jessy. Jessy Johnson to be particular. She is a poor young kid and lives with both of her parents though she is not really happy. Her Mom, Erlyna Johnson is a very good mother to her while her father, Mario Johnson is fund of drinking, smoking. Smuggling for short. He always get what he wanted because he is the head of the family. That time came when Jessy is almost close in getting her doll with the amount she is saving. Her mom agreed with her to buy it when the money is enough. But then, her father came and wants the money Jessy have saved for bottles of beer. Her mom tried to stop him but she had no choice because her father tried to treathened her mom. If she doesnt give the money, he will leave. After that, Jessy went crying. Her mother tried to comfort her by saying sorry for she let her father get the money she saved. Jessy said that its okay. After that happened, Jessy put away all of her toys and give some to charity while the others are being selled. While she was busy getting all of her toys put in the big box she found, she saw an unusual toy, an elf toy! But she doesnt have an elf toy. Then, the elf toy suddenly... DISAPPEARED! She said that it was just an illusion from her mind so she carry on doing her toy business. Then, at a blink of an eye, a boy suddenly apearred from mid air. The boy is dressed like an... ELF! Jessy realized, that boy is the elf toy she saw a while ago! The elf boy introduced himself to Jessy. He is Gib, her guardian. The next day, Gib and  Jessy are playing tag. Gib always win because of teleportation. Jessy is mad because he cheated. She said to him that the usage of powers and abilities are prohibited. Then, they continue playing tag without teleportations used. Jessy had a fun time.
~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~
Many years later, Jessy grew up to be a successful person. She is now a manager of a toy company named Toys4Kids. She already have a family. Her husband is Bert Thompson. They have a boy. His name is James.
Months have passed and Christmas is almost here! That means, Jessy will be so busy handling the company this month. People are rushing to stores and getting ready for Christmas. Jessy now works all day. She gets home at 11:00 pm. One day, Jessy promised her son, James, that she will be early today to hang with him the Christmas decorations. James waited for his mom to come. His father, Bert, told James that it is time for his bed time. But James refused to go, instead, he told his father that his mom will be here any minute so they both waited... and waited... and waited. After how many hours of waiting, James fell asleep on the couch while his father checked the clock. It was already 11:00 in the evening! Seconds later, someone came in. It was Jessy. She saw her son sleeping. She said that she forgot about the promise and will not do it again. But her husband didnt listen. She argued with him. After that day, her son loose his trust to his mom. So Jessy delivered lots of toys to him. Then again, she saw the elf boy! She remembered her past. But she ignored the boy. The elf boy introduced himself... again. He is Gib if you remembered. Gib is still Jessys guardian. When she went home, she saw Bert and James with a handful of bags. Its like they are leaving! Jessy quickly walked in front of them and questioned them why they are leaving, Bert answered that they will temporarily live at Uncle Sam in the province until Jessy get things fixed. Jessy cried. She have given everything to her son to satisfy him but this is the result? James said that she is not there when he needed her. Then Jessy said that there is no need to leave and she will change and bond with them more often. Jessy also said that she will be absent for the whole day tomorrow to hang the decorations for Christmas. Jessy now knows the true gift for Christmas is a complete family.
Sorry for double posting didnt know that I posted something before this.I just knew it when Im almost done and Im using a tablet. The Winter themed art will be posted soon... I think... ouf

Last edited by bebepat (2012-12-22 06:07:12)

#44 2012-12-22 08:59:11

amaryllis-love
Members

Here's the Song I wrote. It's a bit depressing, but I hope you like it. :)
Chasing Ghosts

Between the heaviness of the clouds
In the midst of the coming storm
I feel no cold
I keep chasing ghosts

As the cold white snowflakes
Stick to my hand
I can almost see your face
Hidden in the forgotten land

In the cold wind's blow
I hear you
Every time it snows
I see you
through the pale white glow
I feel you

I can almost feel your breath
See it in the chilling air
But I never could catch
your almost whispered words

Your hushed voice it whispers
Through the restless fog
My cold and frozen fingers
Long to be held by yours

In the cold wind's blow
I hear you
Every time it snows
I see you
through the pale white glow
I feel you

In the midst of the coming storm
I feel no cold
I keep chasing ghosts..

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/Malulala/and-ariel-art-beautiful-black-Favim_zpsd3b4a655.jpg

Snapchat: lurkingpanda
Instagram: lil.miss.loco

#45 2012-12-22 10:50:06

kieramsmileys
Members

Both added to the first post :)

#46 2012-12-25 11:13:54

bebepat
Members

Kieramsmileys! Can the drawing be black and white only? (not colored) quoi

#47 2012-12-25 11:14:44

kieramsmileys
Members

Yeah, that's fine :)

#48 2012-12-25 11:28:12

bebepat
Members

Well, thanks! Seem that your online... Merry Christmas BTW... aomd_noel

#49 2012-12-26 00:14:45

fasionstar
Members

I'll have to drop out, I am leaving on a cruise and won't be able to turn it in. ouf

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2d-9z3fYd6o/UeWdVjOUnzI/AAAAAAAAAa4/vGfyOCx9ynY/s1600/FasionStar2-sig-01.png
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TgeoqUamK48/UcdCAasaVqI/AAAAAAAAAPg/bkl_BGAhoys/s1600/Made-by-Shadow-03.png

#50 2012-12-26 10:34:26

kieramsmileys
Members

@Fasionstar, thanks for letting me know :)
@Bebepat, merry christmas to you too! Lolz, sorry for the very late reply.

Board footer