You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-12-14 02:23:16

sierradane
Members

How to Clear Your Cache from your Browser

Recently, the Pack that was made available to give some of us the extended Ice Palace room resulted in many of us having the right side of the new huge room being a vibrant orange instead of how it should have been.  Sarah posted in the bugs forum on that thread that to clear one's cache should solve this problem.  After doing a search, I found a site with step by step instructions on how to clear your cache on your browsers.  (and so far, it has solved my problem)

Here are the steps for a few of the popular browsers out there.  If you use a browser not listed, let me know and I'll add that one as well. 

Chrome v10+

1.Once your browser is open, select the Wrench icon (the settings menu, located in the upper-right corner) then, Tools, and Clear Browsing Data.... You can also access the Delete Browsing History window by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete, or clicking on this link: [chrome://settings/clearBrowserData].

2.Select the Empty the cache check-box. Uncheck everything else to avoid deleting data unintentionally.

3.In the Obliterate the following items from: dropdown menu, select the beginning of time.

4.Click the Clear Browsing Data button. Chrome will work for a moment, and then the process will be done. You've successfully cleared Chrome's Cache!

Internet Explorer 9

1.Once your browser is open, click the gear at the top right to open the settings menu.  Then, select Safety and Delete Browsing History... Or, optionally you may simply press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to open the Delete Browsing History window.

2.Select Temporary Internet Files. You will also need to uncheck all of the other boxes, especially Preserve Favorites website data. This option makes the window also delete objects from websites in your Favorites folder, which is necessary to completely clear your cache.

3.Click the Delete button near the bottom of the window to perform the operations (i.e. clear your cache by deleting temporary files).

4.Your computer will work for a moment, and then the process will be complete. You've successfully cleared Internet Explorer 9's Cache!

Firefox 4.0/5.0/6.0+

1.Click the Firefox menu in the top left corner. Next, select the right arrow next to History >, and click Clear Recent History (or click on Tools then Clear Recent History if you don't have the Firefox Menu) Or, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Delete to open the recent history window.

2.Make sure 'Details' is expanded, then select Cache from the list. Uncheck everything else.

3.In the Time Range to Clear: drop down, select Everything.

4.Select Clear Now.

5.Your computer will work for a moment, and the process will be complete. You've successfully cleared Firefox's Cache!

Safari for Mac OS X

1.Once your browser is open, click the Safari menu and select Empty Cache....

2.Click Empty.

Safari for Windows

1.Once your browser is open, click the Edit menu and select Empty Cache....

2.Click Empty.

Mozilla SeaMonkey

1.Once your browser is open, click the Edit menu and select Preferences.

2.In the left-side list, open the Advanced node and select Cache.

3.Click the Clear Cache button.

**This information came from the internet. OMD and I are not responsible for any errors/damage that may occur.

Last edited by willowskye (2012-12-14 02:42:20)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

Board footer