You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2013-01-02 23:47:32

historygeek
Members

Re: [Quest] I declare open the Battle games!

Personally, I'm amazed that Feerik does so many quests based on books, movies, music etc without upsetting companies, people, etc and copyright laws (infringement). I guess because they are often more of a parody, they will not get in trouble (?).

Not my cup of tea...I wish that Feerik would take a look at our suggestions. I guess this week I'll go update our list of suggestions of new quests and replays.

#27 2013-01-02 23:58:40

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

OMG
Doing this on every account...............
aomd_bravo

#28 2013-01-03 00:07:51

cullen97
Members

Do you get a room for completing this quest?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iCAgCxKhM1w/UczYLmgj1XI/AAAAAAAAATg/2VAQsQrTSUU/s500/Cullen97-sig-03.png
.•* Thank you Shadow c: *•.

#29 2013-01-03 00:25:18

dottygold
Members

Ack, when I first saw the quest on the news page I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. I'm not a big fan of the hunger games but I don't want to miss out on some of the rewards.

Guide
1: The World Today = $7
Complete the saying: \Revenge is a dish best... *served cold*
2: Action Plan = $13
Which is a fighting sport? *aikido*
3: Shine Gorgeously = $25
What does the saying "to add fuel to the fire" mean? *to worsen a situation*
4:  Run! = $15, $10, $5 (75)
How do you say Battle in French? *bataille*
5: The secret of the hippopotamus = $8, $8, $9, $6, $4
What's an hologram? *the three-dimensional representation of an image*
6: The Central Stage = $7, $13, $20
What does 2.0 mean? *new version*
7a: I co-operate = $12, $15, $12, $5, $5
  b: The ends of the earth = $10, $11, $9, $9

Total: $199

Last edited by dottygold (2013-01-03 00:38:02)

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/ponyair84/GraphicDump/2013%20April/b09_zpsf045d829.png

#30 2013-01-03 00:26:41

susiex
Members

I think Feerik should make these adventures less expensive.
Not everyone can spend money on the site and they make it somewhat unfair to the people who can't.
It's a little ridiculous.

#31 2013-01-03 00:37:05

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

susiex wrote:

Not everyone can spend money on the site and they make it somewhat unfair to the people who can't.

The whole point of these flirts to get you to pay.
It's not unfair at all. The people who pay are the people who keep the site open and free to play. Feerik has to pay the staff and you want it all for nothing. No that's not right and what you're expecting is them to create all the content for you for free.
No, sorry I don't agree.

#32 2013-01-03 02:59:50

paperlife
Chat moderator

Although I'm not all that into the Hunger Games, I am excited to do this adventure!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#33 2013-01-03 04:59:57

rosered86
Members

I love the little Tiger Squirrel!

#34 2013-01-03 05:39:12

moneky-may
Members

I completely agree with Anyamalfoy!!

&& I love the little seahorse, I believe its one of the animals we haven't gotten before (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong). Still don't know what alt ill do this quest on... if I decide to do it.

#35 2013-01-03 12:49:07

sani
Members

YAY!!! the hunger games :))) thx feerik

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/arlequincreations/for%20you/ac-sagittarius.png
Made by Arlekinlain

#36 2013-01-03 18:31:54

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

orangemaid wrote:
I really like the look of a lot of the rewards except maybe for the last two groups on the rewards page (those are an either or set I presume). Haven't those last two 'fairies' (the winged light balls) in the very end been given to us before???

I love the fairy lights in this adventure:
http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/60021.png http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/60022.png http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/60023.png

I immediately connected them to one of my favorite fantasy items... previously found in Garden, but inexplicably moved to DollzStory with the new store organization *sigh*  Anyhoo, I did finally find them under DollzStory "Characters"...here they are:
http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/29139.png

Aren't they delightful?

#37 2013-01-03 20:23:16

vintagetrees
Members

I love the theme of this quest but unfortunately I'm still recovering from the Christmas one. pleur

#38 2013-01-03 20:34:43

historygeek
Members

susiex wrote:

I think this one is actually a little cheaper than some of the ones in the past that have run well over $200 divabucks. 

I think, instead of making the quests cheaper, they could offer them less often with cheaper flirts with guys in between them.  That way people who love the quests would be able to save up in between them and those who like flirts would be able to do those.  AND some can buy feez to do BOTH if they choose to do so. 

(Again, I understand this is a business but as it is one that could be geared towards young girls who don't have an income, it doesn't hurt to make things a little easier for them to play.)

#39 2013-01-04 01:46:31

horselvr77
Members

melody12312 wrote:

malu wrote:

I'm really hoping for a Harry Potter Quest!

They did a flirt-quest of Harry Potter like 3 years ago..
I hope we can redo it, tho :S

[EDIT]
Does anyone know how much the full quest costs?

They all cost about 200$ hope this helps!

#40 2013-01-05 01:41:45

Lavender248
Members

sad  If only they had a Peeta doll, I'd do this quest since I still had some 300$$$ left over after the Christmas quest.
I wonder if they're gonna have another quest in the future for Catching Fire and Mockingjay. quoi

Last edited by Lavender248 (2013-01-05 01:41:59)

#41 2013-01-05 21:57:39

zoey900
Members
Website

It's nice but I;m not going to do it all.Can someone post the "story" through I;m interested in it aomd_blase

http://i.imgur.com/uKyqdwi.png

#42 2013-01-05 22:55:16

malu
Members

Wow! Only 200$$$? That's very cheap!

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#43 2013-01-06 11:49:38

aillenia
Members

The World Today
Mayas were right, the world ended on December 21st 2012, the world was plunged into chaos, nature raged. The ocean submerged the costs, earth broke up creating new continents, fire burned many forests and tornadoes destroyed plenty villages.

Today, nearly one year after, I have the impression I live on a totally different planet. There is just a few of us left. Everyday, I have the same obsession: to protect myself from the dangers of this new planet. Here, everything has changed: new mutant animals have appeared, food doesn't grow in supermarkets in this hostile environment, human supremacy was long gone...

Yet there still is a hierarchy among humans, at the top, the "elite" is made of the most powerful and richest people of this new world they have built for themselves. I don't know why they took it out on my family, they plundered my house and destroyed my life!

Today my one obsession is: revenge!

Action Plan
I've been training for weeks, my strategy is precise, I will not fail. I've calculated everything. The son of the Carlson family, the most powerful one on earth loves me and I managed to make him believe I love him too. He thinks I am the heir of a rich family, that I am like them. Tomorrow, he is going to introduce me to his family during the ball that is organized for the protection of mutant animals.
That will be the perfect occasion to know more about them and eventually get back what is mine! I will not hesitate to use the fighting techniques I know.

This party is organized in the Carlson's country house, in the place where they detain my grandmother's statue.
According to my family legend, that statue has magic powers... My friend Nolan, a computer genius, has already hacked their private security system so I know everything about them.

Shine Gorgeously
Things are so different here. All this luxe makes me feel sick. The make up of these women is so awful! But I stay stoic and smiling, I mustn't show my emotions. Arthur is with me all the time, he shows me to all the members of the upper bourgeoisie.

Despite her big smile and good behavior, I am careful about Beatrix, his mother. I think she is Things are so different here. All this luxe makes me feel sick. The make up of these women is so awful! But I stay stoic and smiling, I mustn't show my emotions. Arthur is with me all the time, he shows me to all the members of the upper bourgeoisie.

Despite her big smile and good behavior, I am careful about Beatrix, his mother. I think she is much smarter than she wants to show. Her look makes me feel ill at ease even if her words are always sweet and nice. She wants me to represent her association and my functions start today.

In the green room, pressure rises. What is she up to? Arthur tries to reassure me, by telling me that with the dress his mother found me, "the whole public we fall for me"! I put the dress on, without complaining, then assistants make me up. Before I go on scene, Arthur whispers in my ear "Believe me, you are gonna shine gorgeously", I don't have time to ask him what he means, Beatrix grabs my arm and throw me on scene. I am standing there, stoic but smiling, not really knowing what my role is. As I am starting to think that Beatrix might appreciate me, my dress is set on fire while everyone applauses frenetically! Then Beatrix snaps her fingers and the fire goes out! Sponsors are captivated! The association's cash registers fill up!

Run!
I pretend I need a little rest after my spectacular "show" and I sneak to the house. I'm alone, guided by Nolan, thanks to an earpiece. I walk along the corridors, avoiding the guests and waiters. I eventually find the parents' room. I see my grandmother's statue straight away: a hummingbird holding an arrow in his beak. I grab the precious totem and turn around to leave the room. But as I think I have made it, I hear Beatrix whisper "Arthur has always had bad taste concerning women".

My blood boils, I run as fast as I can!

I run and run, I can't control my legs anymore, my love for my family gives me courage. My training sessions help, I feel like a lion-woman.
I hear Beatrix' guards behind me, I have no choice but to run into the forest even if it is said to be "more dangerous than hell". Since the creation of Earth 2.0, forests have become very dangerous, mutant animals live there. Yet, for me, they are no worse than the humans I am fleeing from.

The Secret of the Hippopotamus
I am exhausted, I think I have escaped them. They were too afraid to follow me in the scary forest. But I know they will not stop there. Why is this statue so important for them? Is the legend true?

I'm alone, I have found shelter in a little abandoned hut and spend my first night in the forest. The animal noises are so scary. I am not gonna sleep, there are limits to my temerity. I don't want to end up in a barbecue! Time goes by but the animals don't approach me. Do they know I have my bow? Then suddenly, I hear a huge noise! The sound of a canon that projects the image of my little sister in the sky. I understand their strategy! They want me to give up. Have they captured her? They know it is the only means they have to put pressure on me.Little by little as I am lost in my thoughts, my eyes shed tears. As if coming out of dream, a little seahorse comes to my shoulder and wipes my tears. As I look up, I see tons of mutants, I am surrounded by them but they don't look nasty.

The Centre Stage
To have spend the night with the animals helps me realize a certain number of things. My grandmother's statue has magic powers, it symbolizes animal strength and harmony. The person who possesses it can communicate with any animal on earth! I hadn't gone crazy! I could really understand their growls and strange noises. This forest isn't hostile to me but my sister's face haunts me. What's happened to here?

I feel blue, their psychological torture works. During a night of insomnia, I set up a new plan with the animals. I must go back and fight!

As I have planned, I go out of the forest and get caught by the guards.

Two fat brutes carry me to a 2.0 armored vehicle. We fly over town and land on a central place. A crowed is seated on tiers waving banners with my name! I see my sister who is smiling in the honor box next to Beatrix. What's going on here?
I

#44 2013-01-06 11:53:27

aillenia
Members

Beatrix comes to the center of the place and whispers in your ear "You can chose, either you cooperate and live the glam life you deserve. All this popularity is only a small glimpse of what your life could be. Either you remain the miserable and poor girl you are and will be banned from town for ever..."

I Cooperate

I have decided to cooperate. I am aloud to be happy too! Everything changed when I met Arthur's gaze. I believe I can be happy with him, living that life. And being part of the most powerful ones might help me control them to some extent.

We have a posh life, one I have always lived of. We go to parties, galas, shows... I have everything I want, my desires have no limits!

But I must admit that, when night falls, some kind of anxiety crystallizes my laughs...
Is it worth it?

The Ends of the Earth

Between my gritted teeth, I answer Beatrix: "I'd rather be banned than look like you!". They will not make me become one of theirs! I didn't manage to get my statue back but the magic is now broken. Being in Beatrix's hands, it has lost all its magic powers, they are only revealed in the hands of someone pure. That might be why they let me cooperate with them. They cannot do anything without me.

My little sister, her cat and I live together, far away from everything. Here, nature is beautiful. Our life is peaceful, we can only count on ourselves, that means: no deception. The system has destroyed me, little by little I get myself back together... Among those magic creatures, I sometimes try to imagine what my life would have been in town...

#45 2013-01-06 15:43:39

sierradane
Members

Even though I didn't do this Adventure, I'm seeing some items that are in the Dollz story store that I know a lot of dolls will LOVE if they are trying to make their loft look like a garden or an outdoor scene.  The grass section below is 9 DB and a lot better than using multiple round fuzzy/furry green rugs:

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/60042.png

Last edited by sierradane (2013-01-06 15:46:02)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#46 2013-01-07 23:45:11

venus1000
Members

applau

the queen has spoken

#47 2013-01-15 03:15:53

Ancien joueur angielove
Guests

I LOVE Harry potter gai  I can imagine what the clothes would look like :)

#48 2013-01-22 14:48:00

Ancien joueur candy234
Guests

thats cool:aomd_bave:

Board footer