You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 2013-01-08 23:35:23

lilysummers
Members

Re: [Design] OhMyDollz undergoes a makeover!

The new layout..well...I've been trying to be open minded to change if its an improvement, but i do have some issues with this.
Nothing that has not been mentioned before but mainly..and this is a biggie
the decline of the social aspect.
I am sure that a lot of us value the friendships and contacts we make here as one of the main attractions to the game, the comments and notes we exchange are part of the daily ritual and why we set aside some time each day to vote for each other in the first place, to keep in touch.
i want my friends tab back please, and not have to search for my friends.
it takes me several clicks per person to vote for people in this layout and i always enjoyed reading comments others left for my friends as i do my dailies,because they are my friends too.
its a great way to keep up with what everyone is up to at first glance, not hidden away somewhere.( who has time for that with school,work..life in general)
the less social interaction we have the less incentive there is to spend so much money on quests and time designing because showing it off and getting feedback is more then half the fun that keeps us interested in updating I would imagine.
At any rate it would be a LOT cheaper to buy a single player in the store if i didn't care about the people's reaction and interaction.
and yes i have to agree with willow, flashing distractions on the page take away from the primary focus..our loft designs and having a relaxing time here.

#52 2013-01-09 09:26:48

missratchet
Members

Where can I reset my loft?? Does anyone know?

#53 2013-01-09 18:41:53

Ancien joueur haruko-16
Guests

Well.. first of all, i'm not an english person, my english is so poor, so sorry.
But i really wanted to comment this.
I really hate the new desing!
It's like "another game" that all of us know
This is like stardollz!
here in this Oh my dollz the Forum is "better" than spanish one, here there are no truble or fights, and now i'm here because i want Feerik's CHANGE ... OMD is not like before, this is plagiarism! and i know that is a trouble to said that because it's dangerous for the company that someone accused them of plagiarism!
I'm not here looking for a war , i'm here because i wanted the old oh my dollz game!
I'm here because omd has changed in a plastic moder game like others, I DON'T WANTED THIS! I WANTED TO BE PART OF A DIFFERENT GAME LIKE BEFORE!
Please the only thing i ask is that you think about it!

#54 2013-01-09 23:07:10

darkjewels
Members

there are only 2 things that get me REALY disturbed about this new design:

1) WHY ON EARTH DIDN'T THEY DO LIKE IN THE PREVIOUS TIME AND LET US USE THE OLD DESIGN UNTIL WE GET USED TO THIS NEW ONE FOR SOME MONTHS? that would amenize people's reproval on it.

not to mention that the proplem above leads to another one wich is:

2)now i have no idea WHERE TO FIND THE USEFUL THINGS (like diary, exp games, top ranked players, my things, trophies, etc.) UNLESS I SPEND HALF AN HOUR SEARCHING EVERY SINGLE LINK IN THE GAME!(i could ask in the players helping players, it's true, but what when we don't have the time? not to mention those who don't visit the forums at all)

as for the rest... *yawn* i don't realy care...
well, on the other hand, now i can organize my rooms without need to undress my doll in order to avoid clicking on her clothes...
but i understand why people hated the MESS this new design is aomd_blase
and i must agree with them...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#55 2013-01-10 00:35:48

silverbast
Members

pleur  I can't say I like it.  It's way too busy.  I have very slow dial-up and with everything trying to load at once I can barely play.  That's why I loved the last look.  I could load each page  and actually get to see.  The background is so white and bright it give me a headache.

Feerik fixed PoneeVallee so well that I had to quit play since I can't even load loggin.  Now, this seems to be going the same way.  Why did you feel the need to change yet again?

Last edited by silverbast (2013-01-10 00:36:37)

#56 2013-01-10 00:54:15

jenzg11
Members

Ok,, here I am again ... with some answers ....

Loft tab:
My things
My votes
My last  Comments
My friends
My Goodness (status)
My trophies
Dolls connected

Level tab:
levels
Flirts
Bank

Store tab:
Stores
Bank

Show tab:
Shows
latest News?

Board tab:  Board          Chat Tab;   chat     OhMyGames tab: Games

Bank tab:
Feez exchange for $$$
Rooms you can buy
feez for bonuses (gift certs, packs, tokens)
Music to buy for rooms
BANK
videos and survey tabs

Up at the top by your Avatar:
Your level, (takes you to your level page)
Your $$$$ if you click on it, you will be taken to the BANK page  (again)
Your Feez  if you click on it, You will be taken to the BANK page (ILOL)

Mailbox link:
Current news
Link for "My diary"
Link (godmother) to invite friends to play and earn gifts
Last comments
My friends
And the all you messages enlarged
where to block a player

My carrier link
Bank... (again like we couldn't find it under the BANK tab)
Link for mini games  for experience
Your career is listed and the amount of money you make a day
Your training button
Your Characteristic points and % bar
Then the whole page is taken up by the Careers

Change my look link: 
Makeover page
Fashion Show  registration box (link)

Then all the way on the right side of the page is the symbol a computer would have for turning off and on... This is the log out button..

I hope this helps some of you..

#57 2013-01-10 02:39:41

sierradane
Members

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but what about our "medias" where we download videos?  Will that be returned?

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#58 2013-01-10 06:37:53

Ancien joueur amili
Guests

dear sarah
this
       is
           a
              cool
                    picture:star: star star

#59 2013-01-10 15:29:32

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

missratchet wrote:
Where can I reset my loft?? Does anyone know?

montr Try this... hopefully, it works!

anyamalfoy wrote:
One thing I'm sad to see go is the rest my loft button. I need to rearrange a whole room because of the left align doll and instead of clicking that button it's going to be rather a long process.

n0regrets wrote:
A lot of the things that seem obvious to us, may be a simple matter of more "hands on" experience "in game", like the Loft Reset... that's a big one!!!  I hope it is just a temporary oversight... but in the meantime you can use:

My Things --> Sort by room --> Accept --> Select all items --> Move to: whatever-room-you-are-in --> Accept.

Last edited by n0regrets (2013-01-10 15:29:54)

#60 2013-01-11 04:24:00

jejune
Members

my google chrome automatic spell check does not work in the game, it works here, but not in the comment or WIA.
I can't see/read the pages better even when I zoom or go full page. I was somewhat annoyed before, but it seems I am having more trouble playing the more days I try to play. In the past, the changes seemed easier to get used to. A few days and I was fine...this...not so much.I think the organization of the pages is poor, too much white space and I have to scroll and click and zoom to do anything. If I can see anything, why play? If I can't enjoy comments and conversations with my friends why play?
I think OMD is going to loose me. hypn intr quoipleur

#61 2013-01-11 07:31:01

pixelburger
Members

it's very... busy. a lot going on in the profile area. i personally liked having 'my who am i' tucked away? the bigger loft window is nice.

i don't mind change, it's clutter i'm not fond of. i like sites i use to be more open and clean, relaxing to my eyes, not confuse them of where to look. no need to fill every blank space with something.

#62 2013-01-11 15:09:17

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

Sarah you know what you've done with the stores. Made it the full width of the loft. Please please do that with the Mythings! PLEASE!
aomd_bave

#63 2013-01-11 23:39:20

wazaga
Members

while the large window for the room viewing is nice, that's about the only thing that I like so far (that, and the new more items per page for the Store page, hope they add that feature to the My Things soon)

the title, ID corner card and tab buttons are not that bad, but something other than silver and white would have been easier on the eyes.

non

as for the cluttered humdrum under the loft page (HIM, Comments, Friends and so on) they could have kept the last design's template working. maybe have it where the HIM page is the default setting that you view under the loft, and then you can choose to see the comments, friends, and so on with the tabs.

in any case, the idea is kinda ok to get used to, but the overall execution is sloppy.

what Feerik really should start doing is beta testing through players. give an option for players to test any new layers within a 6 month time frame and then give constructive feedback that not only helps the players stay happy, but also help keep Feerik on the right track in keeping those players from deciding they no longer wanna play.

sad

site designing is a rough job. it takes great care and consideration to not only make it look good, but also keep it user friendly and vision friendly for people to stay on.

nrv

if Feerik doesn't be careful, then it's going to lose a lot of players.

That's not poison, it's Pirate Juice!

#64 2013-01-12 04:02:08

rarity
the undying
Website

Being the odd one out, I really like the new design. I adapt very easy to change, but I find it's a lot faster than the other design.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zegnro.jpg
          * The wind is howling...

TUMBLR: reynir|            INSTA fierce.scarlet

#65 2013-01-13 04:22:49

silverbast
Members

Still having issues with everything loading at once, but, wanted to say thank you anyway.  The new expanded loft view is excellent.  The lack of flashy and annoying advertisements is fantastic.  The new store layout makes shopping so much easier.

#66 2013-01-13 05:29:25

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

wazaga wrote:

what Feerik really should start doing is beta testing through players. give an option for players to test any new layers within a 6 month time frame and then give constructive feedback that not only helps the players stay happy, but also help keep Feerik on the right track in keeping those players from deciding they no longer wanna play.

This!!!

My son said the same thing.  They do beta-testing on his forum whenever they are thinking of changing the format.  This gives the users of that forum a chance to offer constructive feedback, which in turn gives the designer/s a chance to tweat and change the proposed layout.  He found that once the beta-testing period was over and the new layout was implemented the players were quicker to embrace it.

Even though his is only done on a forum-only level, it could still be done on this site on the game level.

When they offered us the chance to switch between the new and old layout (as they did when they implemented the previous layout), that could have been a beta-testing period.  The same could have been done here, giving us the option to switch between both layouts, while offering our feedback (as we are the ones who actually play...which can be a different experience from designing for the game.)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#67 2013-01-13 06:54:34

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

My thoughts:
Really like:
- the wider screen for our loft
- not having to switch between pages to get to my page/comments/friends
- the little arrow on the right that takes you back to the top of page
- top links stay when you scroll down
- pop up letting you know when you get a new message
- widescreen shopping
- wia doesn't seem to be as glitchy (as far as i've noticed anyway)

Bit Confusing:
- sign out button
- random comments on different pages like "As a godmother, I get gifts."  Doesn't make a lot of sense, especially since it takes you to the page to invite your friends.  Why not just make the link say "Invite Friends"

Could use some tweaking..
- the ad on our pages.  Would prefer it to be removed but that's prob wishful thinking.  At least move it down.
- the My Votes section should be moved further up, people visit each other to vote & leave comments, not that its hard to scroll.. but would be much nicer to see/more convenient than that ad.
- to be able to view the full comment instead of having to click on the my com'z section.  There does appear to be room to make the section larger to fit it in.

#68 2013-01-14 07:07:05

laurabow
Members

The biggest thing I miss is the Go to Work icon changing color after I worked for the day.

I do like that the My Career link is right there at the top; no need to visit my Loft first and click on the Careers tab.  Visiting the careers tab also has the link for XP mini-games over on the left.  With the previous layout, I had trouble finding it.

Also, when browsing the stores, I noticed that the store stays in "position" when you're shopping in it, and does not move to the front of the line.  Makes it easier, especially during a sale, to keep track of which stores you've visited.

#69 2013-01-14 18:16:58

esheshani
Members

I'll be honest, the new design is nice...kind of...and certainly took a lot of work to programme...but I hate it, I really do.

I didn't have time to log into this game for months and when I finally had and saw THIS- I just thought that I'll never come back.

It's understandable that you want us to spend more and more money on ohmydollz. But being the stubborn person I am, the big flashy BUY BUY BUY everywhere...it's not good.
While some changes may be good (the bigger view of the loft for example), the others are so horrible that they make me forgot about good things. Everything is too flashy, too pink, too much! ~everything screams WE WANT YOUR MONEY! SPEND IT! I was pleased with the older, more subtle ways- thank you very much.

I know that on this site are a lot of mature players (I'm one of them) and until now everything was more classy. Now it seems to be designed for...I honestly don't know who exactly. Ultra-hyper-pink-flashy-glitter is a bit too much for me.
Maybe I will check all my theme-dollz whom I've spent a bit real life money too buy feez...But I don't really think so. Call me too old for this page or whatever but I won't do something that I don't like.

Good luck to you all with getting used with the new design and goodbye too!:)

I have 2 sides of brain: left and right one. In the left one, there's nothing right and in the right one, there's nothing left.

#70 2013-01-17 00:06:18

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

One of the biggest problems I'm having with accepting/adjusting to this new layout is the image size.

Before the new layout was introduced (aka: forced upon us), my screen resolution was at 800 x 600.  I prefer this setting because everything is a nice size, and when you're dressing your doll and dealing with teeny tiny objects (earrings, hair accessories, etc.) I found this easier on my eyes.  I mean, I could actually see things! Lol

So, now that this new layout is here, with the resolution at that setting, I have to move the page over almost 2 inches just to get to the end of the loft/page.  It's super annoying for me.

So, I tried the next resolution setting which is 1024 x 768.  Unfortunately, this makes everything smaller.  Small items such as earrings are almost unseeable.  Text is practically unreadable.  (I'm not super old, but my eyes ain't what they used to be, ya know?)  Anyway, I find this setting just too small, but the page is displayed whole (meaning, I don't have to move the page over to see the rest of it.)

So, I'm stuck with either too big or too small. (Where's Baby Bear when you need him?)

I'm just wondering what everyone else's screen resolution is set at? Aka: what screen resolution do you play OMD on?  I don't think I can enter a custom setting on my PC...I wish I could.  I think the perfect setting (for me) is one that is somewhere between the two I mentioned above.  I find the size of the page/image is really affecting my desire/ability to actually play again. 

Anyone have any suggestions for me on how to fix this issue?  Maybe there's a way to enter a custom screen resolution I'm not aware of?  Does everyone else play on the higher (and smaller) screen resolution and I've just been spoiled by being able to have my image bigger?

I don't even know if there is a solution for me, but I don't want to just walk away from this game like others have (which I definitely understand...no judgements from me for those who have left the game.) Soooo...I don't know...anyone have any suggestions for me? (And please, only nice suggestions..."suck it up" is not helpful.) ;)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#71 2013-01-17 01:26:02

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Well, I don't know much about screen resolution & what works best.
I have a 17 inch laptop screen & my resolution is 1600x900.  I can see everything fine on my screen..

#72 2013-01-20 09:08:30

laurabow
Members

1024x768

Small accessories I don't buy, for the main purpose of being unable to find them later!
lol

Willow ~
Have you tried using your browser's Zoom In/Zoom Out function?  It's probably the equivalent of going back to 800x600, but it's worth a shot.

------
We switched to larger monitors at work and I had a heck of a time adjusting to my new one.  I was trying everything: Higher resolution with large icons/large text setting, lower resolution with regular settings.  After a couple weeks, I finally found a setting that didn't make everything so big and blurry, but didn't make everything so small and hard to read, either.

Last edited by laurabow (2013-01-20 09:11:22)

#73 2013-01-20 13:18:03

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

I'm set at 1280 x 768 and I don't have many issues with normal things on OMD.
However I can't zoom in anymore for the small stuff. It won't scroll to the left anymore and that's where the doll is!
non

#74 2013-01-26 15:09:36

xiao
Members

I'm so not into this layout. Everything I like is just the wider loft and that's it. I started to play this game very rearly now, because it get that very "official-smart-cold" look, that annoys me. Maybe it's just me....

#75 2013-02-22 17:13:37

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

PROS:
1) L-O-V-E the "Special Offers" section on the "NEWS" page... something I long thought should have been incorporated into a "task" bar!  I'd like it to be a little bigger... I'm sure some players breeze right past the "NEWS" page without really looking.

Thank you ^.^ I was thrilled to see that not only did you make the "Special Offers" bar bigger... we can now see it from multiple pages, not just "News".  This will make it so much easier to keep track of the countdown timer... as well as quickly access the promotions!

CONS:
4) Loft window/Doll attributes (username/flirt title/level/career/stars) header... I find seeing "peeks" of the background through, and between, these areas VERY distracting!  I would love to see them "joined" together/"framed" out with some sort of solid border/blocking... like the preview picture of Sarah's loft.

Another thank you. It's a subtle change, but sometimes small things can make a big difference... especially when one of the main player complaints about the new layout is how "busy" it is! This does help ^.^

GRAMMAR:
4) When viewing another dollz comments:  "Comments from (should be "for") dollz-name-here.

This may be nit-picky, but this continues to drive me cRaZy.  Comments "from" n0regrets would be comments that I left, not comments I received.  I continue to think that this should be "comments to" or "comments for".  Consider a memo or e-mail header:

To:  Recipient (in this case, doll getting the message)

I even checked the wording for the "Comments" section on the French site, where it is:

Commentaires de n0regrets (which the best translation for is: Comments of n0regrets... but translators are not known for their perfect accuracy :P)

Anyhow, thank you for the continued additions and design tweaks... they are not going unnoticed!  Now if only we could get that "Vote Both" button (hint ~.* hint)

Board footer