You are not logged in.

Announcement

• Index
  •  » Dusty News
  •  » [OhMyLoft & Fashion Show] Makeover and new rules!!!

#1 2013-01-11 16:10:23

sarah
Administrator

[OhMyLoft & Fashion Show] Makeover and new rules!!!

Hi girllz! new

Our two contests are undergoing big changes. aomd_bravo

First, from now on, they will take place every three weeks. Here is how things are now organized:
The new theme will be announced on Thursdays, and you can start registering the day after (that is on Friday). BUT, in fact, you have a whole week to prepare your outfit or decorate your loft, since you can now register from Friday to the next Friday without anyone being able to vote. So you can take your time and refine your outfit or/and your loft. Then other players have 10 days to vote for the most beautiful of them all.
That is a good thing since your lofts are now much bigger and the Fashion Show podium is also gonna get wider.
This also gives the mods and the Feerik team more time to check moderate the contests and spot the cheaters.

The second big change is that, from now on, when you have once the Fashion Show or the Loft show, you get a chance of registering again after 6 months!!!!

With all these changes, the contests are on stand-by for a week. The Fashion Show will start again on next Friday (a news announcing the theme will be posted on Thursday) and the Loft Show will start again the week after!

I hope you are happy with these changes made to improve our decoration and beauty contests!!! aomd_bisous

#2 2013-01-11 21:25:58

mischiefmker
Members
Website

Re: [OhMyLoft & Fashion Show] Makeover and new rules!!!

sarah wrote:

The second big change is that, from now on, when you have once the Fashion Show or the Loft show, you get a chance of registering again after 6 months!!!!

I'm not sure I like this concept.  I've been entering fashion shows quite regularly now, but never seem to get close to winning, and since previous winners are now allowed to enter again it just seems like things will be that much harder.

I understand the reason behind lengthening the amount of time between shows and for voting, but the 3 week schedule you seem to be talking about seems confusing and if one fashion show is going to cover 3 weeks instead of 1, that is significantly less fashions shows each year (which when combined with letting the past winners compete again leaves even less chances for more dolls to become fashion show stars).

Last edited by mischiefmker (2013-01-11 21:36:42)

#3 2013-01-11 23:20:03

angeldx
Members

I agree mischiefmker, 2 weeks maybe but not 3. Plus as much as I like the idea of being able to enter my doll who's already won again, I think it should be in a separate fashion show.. kinda like an elite one.

#4 2013-01-12 02:41:47

snortmort
Members

If I may make a suggestion in regards to the fashion shows - it would be wonderful if that show's theme could be listed on the fashion show and OhMyLoft contest page, so we know what theme we're voting on. I never bother voting because I never know what the theme is and I don't want to vote wrong because of it!

Last edited by snortmort (2013-01-12 02:42:14)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#5 2013-01-12 03:05:37

angelfire
Members
Website

snortmort wrote:

If I may make a suggestion in regards to the fashion shows - it would be wonderful if that show's theme could be listed on the fashion show and OhMyLoft contest page, so we know what theme we're voting on. I never bother voting because I never know what the theme is and I don't want to vote wrong because of it!

I totally agree. I think the rest of the changes are absolutely wonderful. And having the theme a week before the actual contest really does make it easier for everyone.

Math:
If someone were to start at 0$$$, and their pay was -
4$$$, then they'd be able to get 28$$$ for an outfit
5$$$, then they'd be able to get 35$$$ for an outfit
6$$$, then they'd be able to get 42$$$ for an outfit
7$$$, then they'd be able to get 49$$$ for an outfit

This will encourage more people to join I think. Again, an amazing idea. Thanks Feerik

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#6 2013-01-12 04:10:44

rarity
the undying
Website

So the Fashion Show will be similarily be run like the Loft Show. As Sarah said above, this makes it easier to moderate and make it for fair for everyone.

As much as you might detest having previously won dolls enter, the chances of winning a second time are very slim, as winning is already hard enough as it is.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zegnro.jpg
          * The wind is howling...

TUMBLR: reynir|            INSTA fierce.scarlet

#7 2013-01-17 03:57:46

ilovejasmine
Members
Website

aomd_fan  I really Like All the Concepts :)

Last edited by ilovejasmine (2013-01-17 03:58:06)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcIpYAts3lR7OqFpgwbYIY7cT2UAfsVDu4CGkiRc5kYN61lxj-

#8 2013-01-17 13:00:08

sierradane
Members

I personally don't think that someone who has won the Fashion show should be able to enter later on.  I feel fortunate that I won and am satisfied with that so I won't be trying for a second win.  Let others have their day too.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#9 2013-01-18 10:45:29

sarah
Administrator

New Changes:

angeldx wrote:

I agree mischiefmker, 2 weeks maybe but not 3.

As many players suggested, two weeks instead of three seems better. So the lapse of time between on and another is not too long. Plus it will be much easier for the moderators, to alternate, that is to focus one week on the Fashion Show, one week on the OhMyLoft contest.

snortmort wrote:

If I may make a suggestion in regards to the fashion shows - it would be wonderful if that show's theme could be listed on the fashion show and OhMyLoft contest page, so we know what theme we're voting on.

You will now have a "Details about the Contest" link at the top of the OhMyLoft page.

The OhMyLoft contest will start again on next Tuesday, and the theme will be announced on Monday. That means that the next Fashion Show show will start the following week.

I hope you are happy with these changes!!! aomd_bisous

#10 2013-01-18 15:10:52

princesstoya
Members

sierradane wrote:

I personally don't think that someone who has won the Fashion show should be able to enter later on.  I feel fortunate that I won and am satisfied with that so I won't be trying for a second win.  Let others have their day too.

Well said and I Agree 100%

Fabulosity (n) 1. a state of everything that is fabulous. 2. a quality ascribed to that which expresses glamour, style, charisma, power, and heart.

#11 2013-01-18 18:13:38

silverstarshine
Members

princesstoya wrote:

sierradane wrote:

Well said and I Agree 100%

Agree as well

Unshared joy is an unlighted candle. -Spanish Proverb

#12 2013-01-18 23:20:49

snortmort
Members

Thanks so much for regarding a few of our suggestions, Sarah/Feerik! It's really great that you listen to the players' ideas!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#13 2013-01-23 10:38:27

historygeek
Members

"The second big change is that, from now on, when you have once the Fashion Show or the Loft show, you get a chance of registering again after 6 months!!!!"

Once or Won?

#14 2013-01-23 23:33:58

Ancien joueur cherryblom
Guests

non noooooo xmas is finished i want an update at least in this game!!!:star

#15 2013-01-24 00:44:41

lilyshadow
Members

I think the second change is great ! applau

a href="https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5pz0dp-BXwTyzH0h6IAv8hys_pfp7aclaJjly2wsMWiMmQjAQBw">https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag … WiMmQjAQBw

• Index
  •  » Dusty News
  •  » [OhMyLoft & Fashion Show] Makeover and new rules!!!

Board footer