You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-02-06 11:03:57

sarah
Administrator

[Quest] Valentine's Day!

Hi girllz!love love love

This new quest that resonates with lover's day vibes was written by potofeux, a French OMD player! 

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/Dollz/visu1_stvalentin.png

Exclusive: If you take part in this quest today, you will have access to a bonus event on Valentine's day!
Indeed, between February 14th and 21st, a gorgeous guy will appear, looking for his Valentine...
For 30$$$, you will obtain his favors: he will offer you as much gifts as you have achieved steps in the Valentine's Day Quest!
In other words, if you achieve the quest before February 13th at noon (French time), you will obtain 8 gifts for 30$$$ only! You lucky ones!

Enough talking, that's how the story begins:

aomd_bave "Two clicks from love!"aomd_bave

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/Dollz/visu2_stvalentin.png

At the end of the quest, you will have to chose between two endings.

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/Dollz/visu3_stvalentin.png

Either you want to live a rock'n'roll life[b], and you will get the "Forest" room, the perfect place to crank up the jams! 

Or you prefer a [b] romantic life
, in that case you will get the "Venetian Palace", with its balls, masks and Venetian enchantment!

If the decision is to hard to make, you can always come back to obtain both endings for 150 Fee'z.

What ever choice you make, if you already had one of these rooms, you will get an exclusive extension!

The more you progress in the quest, the more exceptional the gifts will get!

Answer enigmas to win bonus gifts!

You have until Wednesday February 13th at noon (French time) to finish this quest!

Enjoy the quest on OhMyDollz!

#2 2013-02-06 11:50:07

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

Re: [Quest] Valentine's Day!

Answers

1) Than in bad company
2) 180 dollarz
3) To sing, to entertain or honor someone

#3 2013-02-06 12:39:03

blacksatomi
Members

anyamalfoy wrote:

Answers

1) Than in bad company
2) 180 dollarz
3) To sing, to entertain or honor someone

4) The fugees
5) 666
6) At a coffee

#4 2013-02-06 13:18:56

lilysummers
Members

Seriously?! a dog called satan with his name on the doghouse for valentines day?..you have got to be kidding me...really..i think that's in the worst possible taste

#5 2013-02-06 13:22:57

sierradane
Members

In other words, if you achieve the quest before February 13th at noon (French time), you will obtain 8 gifts for 30$$$ only! You lucky ones!

I've been awake since 4am, but I'm not really understanding this part.  When does this happen?  I'm doing the second half right now, had 11 DB... spent another 150 feez for another 30 DB and I still don't have enough to finish this part.

lilysummers wrote:

Seriously?! a dog called satan with his name on the doghouse for valentines day?..you have got to be kidding me...really..i think that's in the worst possible taste

I had to wonder about that myself.

I'm thrilled to pieces that I have the Forest room back.  But I have a couple questions about it:

"Way back THEN" wasn't it actually bigger? 
Didn't it have different music?

I was a bit disappointed that the original items weren't included but all in all, I'm happy to have the forest room back.  Now if they would do the thing again where we could make rooms bigger (since I didn't have the forest room already, I can't make it bigger right now)

Last edited by sierradane (2013-02-06 13:26:33)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#6 2013-02-06 13:42:32

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

"Way back THEN" wasn't it actually bigger? 
Didn't it have different music?

I was a bit disappointed that the original items weren't included but all in all, I'm happy to have the forest room back.  Now if they would do the thing again where we could make rooms bigger (since I didn't have the forest room already, I can't make it bigger right now)

I think were just getting the extended part of the forest room & not the original forest.. (so maybe if they offer the forest room another time, you'll already have the extension - don't take my word on this though, just an assumption..)  Not sure about the music though since its been a while..

#7 2013-02-06 13:44:13

malu
Members

Is it me or does the guy we get from the Rock and Roll ending look a bit like Edward Cullen?

I actually really like the endings but the other parts... not so much.

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#8 2013-02-06 15:08:08

bloodyemos
Members
Website

My only question is: How much is the quest?

http://i.imgur.com/cArCc6e.png
Soldier to Be Following Enlisted, My Heart
Tumblr: The-Steampunk-Paradox|Snapchat: KatInsanity1102

#9 2013-02-06 15:10:52

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Yeah...I was wondering the same thing.

#10 2013-02-06 15:30:08

snortmort
Members

I just did the forest ending and the total was 199 DB.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#11 2013-02-06 15:33:12

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

I would have loved to see more hearts and things related to Valentine's Day since this is the Valentine's Day quest. But I am happy to have the forest room!

#12 2013-02-06 17:09:09

sierradane
Members

fairykisses wrote:

I would have loved to see more hearts and things related to Valentine's Day since this is the Valentine's Day quest. But I am happy to have the forest room!

I would have loved to have also seen more hearts and PINK!   Like you though, I"m glad to have the Forest Room back. 

While looking at the video I made of screenshots of... 'back then'..... to me it seems with the things I had in the Forest room that it was quite a bit larger.  Probably, if I am right, it was the size it is now if the person got the extended version.  But if that were so, then the version attained on the old French server would have been smaller.

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#13 2013-02-06 17:23:20

rosered86
Members

sierradane wrote:

I've been awake since 4am, but I'm not really understanding this part.  When does this happen?  I'm doing the second half right now, had 11 DB... spent another 150 feez for another 30 DB and I still don't have enough to finish this part.

I tink what she means is if we finish this quest we get to do another one for only 30DB

#14 2013-02-06 17:36:28

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

lilysummers wrote:

I'd personally love that but then I'm not 'normal'.

#15 2013-02-06 17:49:23

sierradane
Members

rosered86 wrote:

sierradane wrote:

I tink what she means is if we finish this quest we get to do another one for only 30DB

What OTHER one can we do for 30db and WHEN?  I did both rooms & the items needed to buy the 2nd half was way over 30db--at that time, I had 11 db... added 30 more and ended up with 22 db.  (11+30=41.... 41-22=19)

I need a nap.  I think I figured it out:  30-11=19.  I needed 19 more to make 30DB.  I got 30 more for 150Feez & ended up with: 22, which takes me back to my first math problem above showing the reason why I have 22.

sarah wrote:

Exclusive: If you take part in this quest today, you will have access to a bonus event on Valentine's day!
Indeed, between February 14th and 21st, a gorgeous guy will appear, looking for his Valentine...

So I guess all of us that did it all in this day, we should be on the look-out for that gorgeous guy.

Last edited by sierradane (2013-02-06 17:53:29)

#16 2013-02-06 17:51:37

rosered86
Members

I think between the 14'th and 21'st? Unless I'm reading Sarah's post wrong.

#17 2013-02-06 20:12:57

dyingneko
Members

anyamalfoy wrote:

lilysummers wrote:

I'd personally love that but then I'm not 'normal'.

why people always want to see something boring like only pink hearts and chocolate sweets on valentine's day? I think the idea of making something dark is more original and maybe it's not very "normal" (or more like "usual") but at least everyone can find something for their taste (in this case I have to say I love all "dark" things)
besides it's not valentine's day yet and I'm sure there's gonna be some of usual cute and lovely stuff ^^

https://i.imgur.com/iBiTuAe.jpg

#18 2013-02-06 20:27:44

historygeek
Members

At first I though the items with the dog named Satan meant we were going down the route of the Heaven-Hell rooms but now I'm not sure.

I'm okay that there isn't a lot of pink (we have so many pink things in other quests) but there is not reason why they can't have a few more items with hearts in other colors.

#19 2013-02-06 21:16:05

haelina
Members

sierradane wrote:

rosered86 wrote:

sierradane wrote:

What OTHER one can we do for 30db and WHEN?  I did both rooms & the items needed to buy the 2nd half was way over 30db--at that time, I had 11 db... added 30 more and ended up with 22 db.  (11+30=41.... 41-22=19)

I need a nap.  I think I figured it out:  30-11=19.  I needed 19 more to make 30DB.  I got 30 more for 150Feez & ended up with: 22, which takes me back to my first math problem above showing the reason why I have 22.

sarah wrote:

So I guess all of us that did it all in this day, we should be on the look-out for that gorgeous guy.

You really should read a tad more carefully:

The link with the gifts isn't working. but is posted at the vary bottom of the news post.

As for the original forest room, you can see it in my rooms. I'll be doing the quest in a few days myself so you have time to check and compare.

#20 2013-02-06 21:36:05

canterville
Members

I love every single item in this quest, I think it's one of the best so far!
But it's so difficult to choose which ending...

#21 2013-02-06 21:59:37

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Well, I did this quest on one of my alts and even though I do like the Venetian palace as well as some of the Venetian decor, I can say I was hoping for something a bit...more special since this the  is Valentine's Day Quest. Most of the rewards weren't that special. And I don't see anything Valentine related in the rewards. I'm hoping the gifts on the Valentine's day would be good.

Last edited by darkelfqueen (2013-02-06 22:12:24)

#22 2013-02-07 04:23:36

dottygold
Members

I wish we would get customizable girl dolls instead of guy dolls but yay! None of the gifts seem very valentines based but they are still great. Can't wait to see what the 8 gifts are going to be...
The Forest Room! applau

Last edited by dottygold (2013-02-07 04:25:00)

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/ponyair84/GraphicDump/2013%20April/b09_zpsf045d829.png

#23 2013-02-07 05:06:32

sierradane
Members

haelina wrote:

sierradane wrote:

rosered86 wrote:

sarah wrote:

You really should read a tad more carefully:

The link with the gifts isn't working. but is posted at the vary bottom of the news post.

As for the original forest room, you can see it in my rooms. I'll be doing the quest in a few days myself so you have time to check and compare.

Well, as I stated in one of my later posts... I figured it out.  Sometimes when reading things at 4am, not everything is comprehended.

why people always want to see something boring like only pink hearts and chocolate sweets on valentine's day? I think the idea of making something dark is more original and maybe it's not very "normal" (or more like "usual") but at least everyone can find something for their taste (in this case I have to say I love all "dark" things)
besides it's not valentine's day yet and I'm sure there's gonna be some of usual cute and lovely stuff ^^

It seems that a lot of the Adventures are centered around a lot of "dark" subject such as Vampires, etc... I have a doll that is "all about pink" and I was disappointed that there wasn't more "Valentine" themed things since it is a "Valentine" quest.  I did the quest on that doll so that she could go ahead and have an extra room & to have the Forest room.

In the past when they have re-run the Adventures, a lot have voice their dislike of having to buy the same things over again to have the extended room.  I probably was one that might have thought or said that very same thing.  I guess though with this one, I miss the items that came with the original Quest.

Lets see how this will look.  I put all of the screenshots from "before" to make one long photo of the Forest room in order to determine if that one was bigger:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r301/sierradane/Diva%20Doll/oldForestroom_zpsaa17bf01.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r301/sierradane/d9017b0a-1971-4031-83ec-4d23d8815c5f_zps4d6ff66e.jpg

Looks like they might be the same size, which probably they are.  It just seemed like the other one was bigger.  (and I'm not talking about the extended version)

I'm looking at that & it took 7 screenshots vs 4 screenshots which is due the widened view of our lofts.  I wish they had an option to take screenshots of rooms WITH you doll so that your doll doesn't show up.

Last edited by sierradane (2013-02-07 17:11:20)

#24 2013-02-07 06:31:57

joyceeileen
Members

Can someone tell me what the little red object with the blinking eyes is? I think it was the first gift???

#25 2013-02-07 06:44:24

tresselle
Members

Did they not think some of the content might be offensive to some people. Why was it approved? I'm really disappointed in them.

Board footer