You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 2013-03-07 20:39:41

lilysummers
Members

Re: [Quest] Encounter with Mister Walker

Its funny ( not funny haha but funny ironic) that a team of creative designers don't seem to understand the basic concept and attraction for players to this game.
Let me spell it out for you..D E S I G N I N G.
we want to spend time building up our rooms over time with elements we gather together from different stores and there is nothing like when it all comes together  3 months down the line when you find that perfect match somewhere to something you have always had your eye on but didn't know what to do with till now.
all that will go out the window when it becomes centered around us buying more random items under time pressure.
We are discerning and individual people with our own tastes and ideas about what our rooms should look like and while all these pre designed sets and elements are flashy/pretty they cannot replace the process of doing it for yourself through selection..just my 2 cents...taking away a big item pool with useful building elements like wall/floor pieces pillars etc to make us buy the same things just on the off chance we might need it some day is a horrible waste of money and attic space.
( which is over crowded anyway from doing the adventures where we alrdy have to accept that sometimes many of the items will never be useful to us )

#52 2013-03-07 22:37:34

spiderwick9
Members

Something else that startled me is in the quest is this: Cursing. I noticed this and immediately was like intr . This is a kids game... right? I understand this might not preturb many people, but it does me and other people like me, I'm sure.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Kn2ynQkiWbg/Vwrll2jSJ8I/AAAAAAAACOM/jbC-otDqTLAPoCRfnzFIuYUHtk3Ovrkig/s1600/Crappy_Keeley_Signature.jpg

#53 2013-03-07 23:01:47

angelfire
Members
Website

If you bring items for a quest, they are important for the quest right? But wouldn't removing them after each quest mean they are part of the prizes? I don't want to pay for my prizes!

I used to think of the quest like a scavenger hunt. All the stuff we need is there and all we have to do is buy it. But they'll always be there even after the prize is won.

I've never heard of a business that doesn't care if mostly all of it's customers are unhappy. Do you want to lose the players' interest in the game?

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#54 2013-03-07 23:49:13

30stmxfan
Members

Hmm, I think this is the most idiotic idea ever. aomd_nrv

Just ANOTHER way for them to try and gain more money! First MDD closes and most of us lose everything now they take away a store filled with pages of stuff on short notice expecting us to be all "OH WELL IT WAS NICE WHILE IT WAS HERE, BYE DOLLZSTORY! "

I think not.

Oh by the way,
I have never once completed a quest. Not because I don't save the money up for it but because I was quite content with one room and having only one doll to dress up. Plus you have to actually pay money if you actually want something good...
I'd maybe do one or two levels if I really saw a wig I liked or a dress but that's rare and far between. What I really looked forward to was the items need for the quests. Since that store was always updated and new things would always popup all nicely made. I don't think it matters if the item is exclusive or not, as long as your HAPPY with your doll/house. Taking away a bunch of items is just rude!

I agree with what another user said;
ALL the new users will feel less than then are since, like other games, they won't have those cool shiny items others have since THEY ARE NEW. It seems they are trying to make the whole game exclusive and only playable with money. People aren't going to have enough to buy all the quest items they want before it leaves! This game is making me sad at how hard it is to actually get items when it's a kids game! Thirteen year olds play this game, do you expect them to have enough money to do a 200$ quest then buy items then just wait around for a month saving 200$ again.

I can't believe this all went on while I was away, I barely have any money saved up...Plus sometimes in that store are for the levels?! Sorry this rant was WAY worth it. (sorry about spelling mistakes)

Last edited by 30stmxfan (2013-03-08 00:10:31)

discord: corgibutt#2664

#55 2013-03-08 00:06:37

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

Has anyone realized yet that this quest was inspired by "50 Shades of Grey?"

How on earth can they think that is an appropriate source material for a game that caters to young girls?

I have written and deleted so much in response to "Sarah's" reply.  I think, at this point, it's probably better if I don't say anything...because if I do, it's not going to be pretty (and I would want to swear, which I can't do.) 

My, it's been such a fun year so far on OMD, hasn't it? (<----sarcasm.)  aomd_nrv   nrv   aomd_blase

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#56 2013-03-08 00:13:28

30stmxfan
Members

willowskye wrote:

And THAT is why I'm not doing this quest. Forgot to mention that in my rant. That is just gross. Now I'm not a mother but I know that's wrong! (don't make me bring up the way to short skirt issues...) honte

discord: corgibutt#2664

#57 2013-03-08 00:44:22

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

willowskye wrote:

Having not done it no. I can not understand Feerik chosing this. Not only is it an adult book it's also a badly written book that paints an abusive relasionship as normal and good. It's a terrible thing to hold up a role model for young girls.

#58 2013-03-08 00:51:42

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

willowskye wrote:

You HAVE GOT to be kidding me!!! I didn't do this quest, so no...Maybe they thought no one would notice?

Also...I really wish for a non-romantic quest....Just an adventure one...maybe with friends...no romance...Is that so hard?

Last edited by darkelfqueen (2013-03-08 00:52:29)

#59 2013-03-08 00:52:35

willowskye

anyamalfoy wrote:

willowskye wrote:

Having not done it no. I can not understand Feerik chosing this. Not only is it an adult book it's also a badly written book that paints an abusive relasionship as normal and good. It's a terrible thing to hold up a role model for young girls.

Isn't it, though?  And, if you're going to be inspired by a book like that, I probably wouldn't admit it to the players...as Sarah did. (Seriously, how many kids who know that this quest was inspired by that story are now going to get curious and want to find a copy of that book to read?)

I did just do the quest though (mostly because I was curious to see how this story played out), and I will admit that it's no more bad then any of the other stories they write for the quests.  In other words, it's equally as horrible as other quest stories. Lol

Seriously...girls...please don't think you need a man to be happy.  Please don't change who are you for a man, and please don't give men all the power in a relationship.

(I wish I knew why Feerik is so bent on teaching young girls that they are nothing but what a man wants them to be.  I'll never understand why they've taken this route, instead of using this platform as a way to empower young girls.)

#60 2013-03-08 01:17:01

spiderwick9
Members

willowskye wrote:

anyamalfoy wrote:

willowskye wrote:

Isn't it, though?  And, if you're going to be inspired by a book like that, I probably wouldn't admit it to the players...as Sarah did. (Seriously, how many kids who know that this quest was inspired by that story are now going to get curious and want to find a copy of that book to read?)

I did just do the quest though (mostly because I was curious to see how this story played out), and I will admit that it's no more bad then any of the other stories they write for the quests.  In other words, it's equally as horrible as other quest stories. Lol

Seriously...girls...please don't think you need a man to be happy.  Please don't change who are you for a man, and please don't give men all the power in a relationship.

(I wish I knew why Feerik is so bent on teaching young girls that they are nothing but what a man wants them to be.  I'll never understand why they've taken this route, instead of using this platform as a way to empower young girls.)

And this is why I am determind to write a book showing a woman is just as good as a man. But let's not let me get off topic.
I didn't realize this becuase A) I have never read this book, B) I absolutely hate romance books, and B) I have no iterest in fifty shades of grey.
Hoever, I did find the items won for the quest quite enjoyable, but (as listed before) I was preturbed by the cussing, and also the second apperance of a word that need not be used in a game used by young girls.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Kn2ynQkiWbg/Vwrll2jSJ8I/AAAAAAAACOM/jbC-otDqTLAPoCRfnzFIuYUHtk3Ovrkig/s1600/Crappy_Keeley_Signature.jpg

#61 2013-03-08 01:27:39

jejune
Members

"Seriously...girls...please don't think you need a man to be happy.  Please don't change who are you for a man, and please don't give men all the power in a relationship."

Thank you Willowskye! Well said. I have often thought the stories are skewed  in an outmoded way towards a sexist ideal.

I just don't even know what to say RE: the dollz story store closing. I wish we could buy the gifts won by completing a quest as well as specific items. Perhaps that is an idea that would "punch up" our shopping experience?

#62 2013-03-08 02:53:22

xemoxrockerx
Members
Website

The new post sarah made makes me feel like I'm even more confused.
SO MUCH MORE CONFUSED.

"We want you to look at other shops more!"
...Maybe if you update the art, the clothes, the items, the everything in other shops... we'll think about it.

Plus... fifty shades of grey? Really? Of all the sort-of ok, NON-RATED books out there, you pick the one where... I can't even type the events happening in that book... happened. And I haven't even read it! I looked at the summary and was like... "O-kay... let's, ah, put this down and walk slowly away."

The feelings I have for this right now can only be expressed in picture-form.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lij0gytY0s1qzhvg4o1_500.gif

Last edited by xemoxrockerx (2013-03-08 02:56:36)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DUQ5qc0D02A/VFrBeTyyrxI/AAAAAAAACG8/_w5ujDpgwR4/s1600/Emorocker1-sig-01.png
|Older Art. Updated: 10/17/14| Instagram : p2ionics |
| Twitter : psionic_nerd | Tumblr Writing Blog : under-latest-nostalgia |
Thanks for the ava/sig shadowchild03!

#63 2013-03-08 05:06:33

sniper
Members

Anybody else get the idea of fifty shades of grey? lol

Star Wars Ep 7, Suicide Squad, Fallout 4, Mass Effect Andromeda, James Bond Spectre. July 2015 👏😭

#64 2013-03-08 05:43:48

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

I have a question about this quest, did anyone else receive the elevator?
Or did you have to purchase it?

I noticed that it is in the shop for you to purchase it.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/62043.png

#65 2013-03-08 06:45:16

iklovech
Members

willowskye wrote:

I never knew it if no one would have said it. I never really read the story line I just do the quest. This is not right for them to choose such a book.

That's why I don't read the story of quest cause I hate romance stories. Everything is about a girl who needs the man in her life otherwise she is going to die. Another storyline will be really great for once.

#66 2013-03-08 15:18:30

icequeen88
Members

willowskye wrote:

How on earth can they think that is an appropriate source material for a game that caters to young girls?

I have written and deleted so much in response to "Sarah's" reply.  I think, at this point, it's probably better if I don't say anything...because if I do, it's not going to be pretty (and I would want to swear, which I can't do.) 

My, it's been such a fun year so far on OMD, hasn't it? (<----sarcasm.)  aomd_nrv   nrv   aomd_blase

Yes I did 2 pages ago and I was relly "WOW"quoi

#67 2013-03-08 15:21:02

icequeen88
Members

iklovech wrote:

willowskye wrote:

I never knew it if no one would have said it. I never really read the story line I just do the quest. This is not right for them to choose such a book.

That's why I don't read the story of quest cause I hate romance stories. Everything is about a girl who needs the man in her life otherwise she is going to die. Another storyline will be really great for once.

Like the last Halloween story i endend with the girl becoming a vampire and succing her friends AND the boy she likes dry

#68 2013-03-08 19:32:43

jadefarnill
Members

willowskye wrote:

I noticed that too... Personally i let it go over my head, thinking that I was dirty minded and I was the only one thinking it. But now other people have spotted it, my suspicions are confirmed...

Last edited by jadefarnill (2013-03-08 19:33:07)

#69 2013-03-08 23:08:49

historygeek
Members

Anyone notice that the scrolling advert for the quest has it listed as the 'weeding room'? Does that mean they are weeding out the stores? Or is this another example of their inability to properly translate items from one site to the next?

And on the topic of keeping shopping FUN by having new items...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets annoyed when I find a product I like and then return to the store with saved money to get it and find out - BAM - it's not there anymore because it was seasonal and I didn't even know it was. Or when a store rearranging it's aisles every year because some marketing wiz told the store they'd sell more items that way.  So when I go shopping - it's not about the FUN of searching for items that I may or may not want or need - it's about finding the items I want quickly and efficiently.  (And we've been complaining about not finding items since they changed the store layout.)

#70 2013-03-09 02:55:03

blacksatomi
Members

I just realized that with the closing of the dollz story, every single decent wall panel is going to go away, along with all the best wigs. So frustrating. They just need to make a wig shop a wall and floor shop (Not for replacing the whole wall and floor, but panels that you buy in sections) and place them in there, and then re-distribute the things from the dollz story back into their original stores before they were brought into dollz story.

Last edited by blacksatomi (2013-03-09 02:56:33)

#71 2013-03-09 03:13:24

willowskye

fairykisses wrote:

I just checked through the items I got/bought for this quest, and I don't see it in My Things.  I checked on another doll to see if it was offered as a reward, and I didn't see it there...I thought it was a reward?

Now I'm confused.  Was this supposed to be a reward or a pre-requisite that we had to buy?  I can't remember....or, is it just an item we can buy independent of the quest?

#72 2013-03-09 03:45:43

sierradane
Members

blacksatomi wrote:

I just realized that with the closing of the dollz story, every single decent wall panel is going to go away

Reminds me of those wall pieces that I agonized over that were from the Cannes store.  I never had the money to buy them when it was open but when it was closed I did.  At least with the Cannes store, it opens every now & then.  The wall pieces from the Dollz Story Store will never be made available again from the way I am understanding it.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#73 2013-03-09 04:39:29

moneky-may
Members

sarah wrote:

That is why we don't want to have all these items that stay for ages in that store. Plus, as many, many of you said, Dollz Story is the only store you go to to buy things. If, that store only opens now and again, maybe you'll get more interested in what's happening in the other stores! Indeed, there is no point having so many different stores if everyone is gonna go to Doll Story!!

I would honestly like to know what was going through her mind when she posted this. What is the point in having so many different stores if you only update one?
This game is just one big joke to them, that's why ive personally decided no longer to spend RL money on it. If i can afford it I will buy it, if not im sure one of my other dolls will have enough money to get it since I don't do as much with them. So tiered of all their business ideas. And the only reason I haven't left this game is because of all the wonderful dolls ive meet here. But other than that, not much excites me about this game anymore... not even the quest. Sad.

Sorry for the rant btw. sad

#74 2013-03-09 10:46:06

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

willowskye wrote:

fairykisses wrote:

I just checked through the items I got/bought for this quest, and I don't see it in My Things.  I checked on another doll to see if it was offered as a reward, and I didn't see it there...I thought it was a reward?

Now I'm confused.  Was this supposed to be a reward or a pre-requisite that we had to buy?  I can't remember....or, is it just an item we can buy independent of the quest?

It did not show up as a reward or as something we had to buy.

I suspect there will be a few of these type of items in each 'new' store. A little something extra you have to buy before it's gone forever.

#75 2013-03-10 14:30:12

sierradane
Members

I have to wonder why with the "Walker Store" there is the added "this store will close in ______days and such and such hours & minutes"  and the "Dollz Story Store" does NOT have the same warning, alerting us to how many days we have left to buy from it.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

Board footer