stelladaee
Members

Re: [Quest] Encounter with Mister Walker

I guess the only thing that we can hope for is a closing sale.... sad intr

#77 2013-03-10 20:03:32

mika853
Members

Can somebody please post how much each step costs? i want to figure out how many feez i need to use to finish the quest. thanks :) gai

#78 2013-03-11 00:37:07

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

Soooo...I just discovered something I'm kinda bummed about. :(

When we first got the extension for the "weeding" room, it was just more of the empty field, which was great because I like to use this room as a park.  I had plans for a great little "something" in that room and went to start working on it.  Now I discover they decided to add a permanant stage area in the entire extension, one that we can not remove.  For me, it's ruined the plans I had for the "weeding" room!  No more park or "something" for me there.  If I had known that this stage was going to eat up the entire extenstion, I may not have done the last step.  I still might have, but it would have been with the full knowledge of what I was going to be really getting.

Update: I guess I'll take Tim Gunn's advice and "Make it Work." ;)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#79 2013-03-11 22:43:11

spiderwick9
Members

Question, why don't you just spread the items in Dolls Story around? You didn't seem to have an issue doing that when you opened Dolls Story.
Plus, this isn't't fair to people like me who don't even like Dolls Story, but still go there because you yourself chose to put more of the new things THERE and not more spread out.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Kn2ynQkiWbg/Vwrll2jSJ8I/AAAAAAAACOM/jbC-otDqTLAPoCRfnzFIuYUHtk3Ovrkig/s1600/Crappy_Keeley_Signature.jpg

#80 2013-03-11 22:49:04

angelfire
Members
Website

@mika853 -

darkelfqueen wrote:

sierradane wrote:

Doing this first on my gretalmcdane doll and starting with 241 DB

She has 20 DB left... so this Quest costs: 221.

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#81 2013-03-12 00:43:08

darkjewels
Members

spiderwick9 wrote:

Question, why don't you just spread the items in Dolls Story around? You didn't seem to have an issue doing that when you opened Dolls Story.
Plus, this isn't't fair to people like me who don't even like Dolls Story, but still go there because you yourself chose to put more of the new things THERE and not more spread out.

it also never seemed to be a problem to have stores with less than 50 items in total(each) that no one ever visits...

not to mention, i always found it funny that whenever there were new items in seazonal stores/dollzstory/new stores they told it on the news page.
however, whenever there are new items in okuan, amethyst, inspiration, etc, they NEVER inform us that.
we figure out that the other stores have new things because people who were browsing took their time to tell us in the forums, but does the newsteller ever tell us that? NO!

and feerik is bothered because people don't check stores with nothing new at all...
and,
In My Opinion(@feerik):
we have FAR too many exclusive items in this site! and new players need stores with lots of contents to dress themselves.

if dollz story actualy closes forever, good luck to avoid happening to OMD what happened to Acclaim.
because EVEN THE PLAYERS WHO PAY MAY LEAVE!

we're ok with spreading the items to other stores or maybe even with making it seazonal, but completely deleting it WILL cause feerik(or at least OMD) to lose costumers AND MONEY.

just for you to know...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#82 2013-03-12 20:46:56

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

stelladaee wrote:
I guess the only thing that we can hope for is a closing sale.... sad intr

Closing DollzStory will be a bitter pill to swallow, no matter how Feerik "sugar coats" it.  You may hope for a "spoonful of sugar to make the medicine go down"... but I will continue to hope that they see reason.  Severely reducing the basic objects and items from which we assemble our outfits and lofts will stifle creativity, which is why we are here... there is no doubt that stifling creativity will impact overall player satisfaction.

To persist in a course of action that flies in the face of the opinion of, not only the majority, but the unanimous player sentiment expressed here would seem to be fill-in-the-blank (there are simply too many words to choose from o.O).

#83 2013-03-12 22:03:24

angelfire
Members
Website

If they would bring the store with every quest, then I wouldn't mind anymore. But to delete it all together? Is that really what's going to happen? That's what I get from this.
I wish Feerik would give us a reply.

Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#84 2013-03-12 22:17:37

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

I think they are deleting it...The only thing I don't understand is...What would happen to the things that are sold in Dollz Story and are used for leveling up?

#85 2013-03-13 22:25:08

savynn2
Members

I've already been having difficulty recently being a more regular player recently.  This news is very shocking to me and I don't know if I can quite express my anger.  I understand the need for the site to generate revenue but this just does not sit well.  It doesn't feel like an extra "reward" for people doing the quest but an attempt to push even more people to do the quests for items they want and with quests always happening too quickly for one to have enough of daily gained currency people have to spend more money.  I consider a reward to be something I don't have to buy.  Also, I don't like spending money on something when I'm angry at it.

#86 2013-03-13 22:27:17

angelfire
Members
Website

They should delete the Kawaiko and Neko store instead >.>

#87 2013-03-14 02:28:06

darkjewels
Members

angelfire wrote:

They should delete the Kawaiko and Neko store instead >.>

agreed.
these have been dusting without anything new at all for CENTURIES!
nrv

---

#88 2013-03-14 04:58:33

princesstoya
Members

Now that I think about it. I don't feel it's entirely about us not shopping in the other stores more verses Dollz Story. I think that it has a lot to do with the quests. They may feel that if we now give the items required for the quests an expiration date. It will force them to spend their money more often. OR Do each and every quest, just merely for the items that will expire. If we make the newly added items for a limited amount of time. They will run out of money soon enough, then will have to frequently buy more feez in order to get the items before they go. I wonder how long it took the marketing team to think that one up. Then again this is just my opinion!

Fabulosity (n) 1. a state of everything that is fabulous. 2. a quality ascribed to that which expresses glamour, style, charisma, power, and heart.

#89 2013-03-14 12:19:29

sierradane
Members

Maybe I'm in denial, but I still have a problem believing they will actually close that store.  If they are going to close it on a certain date, why don't they have that up when you click on the store?  Like when you clicked on the Walker store...you see:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r301/sierradane/walkerstore_zps18fdc998.png

And if they do close this store, as everyone has said it is very uncaring & greedy on their part.

Last edited by sierradane (2013-03-14 12:23:03)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#90 2013-03-14 12:26:41

angelfire
Members
Website

Here my suggestions of what's going on (just thought is these now)
I too dont believe its going to close. I feel like they wanted to see the reaction of the players of what would happen.
Or
If they do close it, it may be because they may not have so much space in their system to keep it all. I dont know much about computers but its a thought
Or
They just really want to make the limited as princesstoya said

Overall, bad idea. If the players are unhappy then that would be bad for business.

#91 2013-03-14 23:06:24

april
Members

I still think they might move the items to other places and just close the store name.  Remember alot of the Dollzstory items were once listed under Basics!!, and they split the room when the forum changed before.

Just another thought.

To love another person is to see the face of G-d.  -Victor Hugo

#92 2013-03-15 01:17:22

darkjewels
Members

april wrote:

I still think they might move the items to other places and just close the store name.  Remember alot of the Dollzstory items were once listed under Basics!!, and they split the room when the forum changed before.

Just another thought.

well, some of the accessories form dollz story were also from kitchen land and a few others, as far as i know...
like this globe i'm using to make my dollz's eye white XD

ps: i hope you're right about the items moving *crosses fingers*

---

#93 2013-03-15 23:29:20

historygeek
Members

darkelfqueen wrote:

I think they are deleting it...The only thing I don't understand is...What would happen to the things that are sold in Dollz Story and are used for leveling up?

I was thinking this too...I have noticed that there are several items needed for the levels in this store.  But I guess they can do what they did before - just change the requirements. It wouldn't really matter in the long run except for anyone trying to help others out or with our FAQ part where it lists what is needed for what.

#94 2013-03-16 09:58:34

madaren
Members

historygeek wrote:

I was thinking this too...I have noticed that there are several items needed for the levels in this store.  But I guess they can do what they did before - just change the requirements. It wouldn't really matter in the long run except for anyone trying to help others out or with our FAQ part where it lists what is needed for what.

Or for those of players that bought some items needed for futher levels than they are now. Either way seems they are now ignoring us and our opinion hoping that we'll cvalm down as time passes.

#95 2013-03-16 11:05:02

evadiva
Members

They said on the French forum that the items for the levels would be put into other shops

#96 2013-03-16 14:49:31

xemoxrockerx
Members
Website

evadiva wrote:

They said on the French forum that the items for the levels would be put into other shops

Hahahaha.... I have so many problems with this. I just. I just... problems. Problems that's spanned through numerous news articles posted on the French forum and not here.

Last edited by xemoxrockerx (2013-03-16 14:50:25)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DUQ5qc0D02A/VFrBeTyyrxI/AAAAAAAACG8/_w5ujDpgwR4/s1600/Emorocker1-sig-01.png
|Older Art. Updated: 10/17/14| Instagram : p2ionics |
| Twitter : psionic_nerd | Tumblr Writing Blog : under-latest-nostalgia |
Thanks for the ava/sig shadowchild03!

#97 2013-03-17 03:40:54

darkjewels
Members

@xemoxrockerx: o_O what do you mean? *i smell the-chance-i'll-agree-with-you in the air* or maybe just a link to explain...

i just gave up the frech forum since they kept deleting ANYTHING i'd post, even if it was translated to french.
and i lost count of how many times my Who-I-Am was completely ereased whenever i'd check, for no appearent reason.
nrv
i just hope my french account is still there

---

Board footer